More than equality

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by WJV, Sep 4, 2016.

1. WJV

WJV Banned

Malcolm X said that Compensatory Action, or - 'Affirmative Action' was asking for "more than equality". And that is true.

In my opinion welfare must be based on need - not skin colour. There should be no special treatment for minorities. Affirmative Action is reverse racism.

I am glad to see some conservatives and moderates in the US fighting to end Affirmative Action but in my opinion most Republicans are total bedwetters on African-American issues and most seem terrified of being labelled a racist by the PC leftist political class and their US media.

I think that it is fantastic that the US Supreme Court upheld Michigans ban on Affirmative Action on college admissions in 2014. I fully agree with top anti-affirmative action advocate - Jennifer Gratz, that a colourblind government is what is needed in western society. Gratz said this after the US Supreme Court upheld the ban on Affirmative Action - “Much progress has been made over the past 15 years in challenging discriminatory policies based on race preferences and moving toward colorblind government,” “Today’s ruling preserves this foundation and is a clear signal that states are moving in the right direction when they do away with policies that treat people differently based on race, gender, ethnicity or skin color," ( Gratz was the plaintiff in the 2003 case where the court struck down a points based admission process at U-M that gave African Americans points for being black. )

Another anti-Affirmative Action heroine is Abigal Fisher. Abigal tried to sue the University of Texas, claiming that she was rejected from UT because of her race.. Which is.. Anglo-Scot? Im not so sure that I fully agree with Abigal Fisher but until a colourblind approach is adopted to things such as college admission there will always be people like Abigal that feel cheated. Affirmative Action breeds resentment.

abigaile fisher.jpg

):

It is these insincere do-gooding liberal/progressive PCs that are not even black that fight for Affirmative Action for the most part but like I said, most conservatives are afraid to speak out strongly against it for fear of being branded a racist. Malcolm X is an historical political figure that I respect and admire. Malcolm X was against Compensatory Action/Affirmative Action and the liberals that use it as a tactic of minority politics. "The white liberal differs from the white conservative only in one way: the liberal is more deceitful than the conservative. The liberal is more hypocritical than the conservative." Malcolm X/'Gods Judgement of White America'

Most are afraid to say a word against Affirmative Action for fear of being branded a racist by our hysterical and emotional liberals. It is not racist at all to be against Affirmative Action and the fact that great black political leader - Malcolm X - was against Affirmative Action is proof of that. In modern times Clarrence Thomas and Thomas Sowell are prominent African-American leaders that are in opposition to Affirmative Action schemes. It is important that the conversation that western society needs to have about Affirmative Action is honest. A colourblind government is what we need to transition to and welfare based on need and not race. Affirmative Action is just not cricket. Do you agree that Affirmative Action is reverse racism?

Malcolm X: Because the Negro didn’t make the gain. See, as long as someone is giving you something, he can always take it back. And this is the mistake where…this is where our people are making the mistake. We are sitting, waiting for Whites…

Morrison: Nobody…

Malcolm X: …I don’t mean it in that sense, either in court or out of court. We’ve been sitting and waiting for “The Man” to give us some concessions. Now whenever you ask the…if you’re asking the White power structure for jobs, that’s only a temporary solution. If you ask the White power structure for housing, that’s a temporary solution. As Mr. Farmer said where the Negro used to ask for equality, now he’s asking for more…he’s asking for more than equality. Well, likewise, if they give us more than equality, ten years from now we’re going to be asking for more than that because the problem has still not gotten a real solution.

- THE OPEN MIND
    Host: Richard D. Heffner
    Guests: Dr. James Farmer, Dr. Wyatt Tee Walker
    Title: Race Relations in Crisis 6/12/63 – 11/13/93

I think Malcolm X was very wrong to promote a black nationalism and identity that was separate from the rest of American society and the so-called 'white power structure' but it is clear that history has proven him correct in saying that Affirmative Action will lead to African-Americans asking for and expecting more than equality. Modern African-Americans do ask for and expect more than equality and it is obviously Affirmative Action that is to blame. The real solution is clearly a colourblind needs-based approach to welfare and for us to promote a society based on equity rather than so-called equality.

'Equity' has a business meaning, but otherwise it means 'The state, quality, or ideal of being just, impartial, and fair'.

'Equality' is the state, quality or ideal of being equal.

There is nothing fair or just about equality and a society that tries to use Affirmative Action to try to make all things equal can only be described as an idiocracy and that is what USA is while ever it continues to promote the idiotic idea of Affirmative Action. USA needs to be a meritocracy that promotes equity - not an idiocracy that promotes 'equality'.

If Hilary Clinton wins your next election she will appoint a leftist Supreme Court and all of the gains that we have made in relation to ending Affirmative Action in the USA will be lost. The death of Scalia split the Supreme Court of course but many are saying that the next US President will likely appoint 4 Supreme Court Justices. Clinton will replace Scalia but she will also likely get the chance to appoint three more with Ginsburg at 83, Kennedy at 80, and Breyer at 78 ( luckily anti-affirmative action Associate Justice Clarence Thomas is only 68, but still, we could lose him too and we really cant afford to ) . This upcoming US Federal Election could very well be the end of USA as we know it, and the beginning of a PC leftist dynasty that makes idiotic leftist policy like the current forms of Affirmative Action seem sensible. This is perhaps the most important election in all of USAs history so if you are not a raging leftist PC do-gooder or a conservative bedwetter then you need to get out and support Donald Trump because he is the only thing standing in the way of USA descending into an all out leftist PC idiocracy. And what do you think is going to happen to your guns if Hilary Clinton gets to appoint 4 Supreme Court Justices. These people do serve until they die apparently ( was that really a good idea ) so if the Republicans lose this upcoming elections you US conservatives are screwed for the foreseeable future and so are the rest of us due to the power of US cultural hegemony.

Anyway - what do you reckon? Do you agree with Malcolm X that Affirmative Action has encouraged African-American Americans to ask for more than equality from the US Government and society?

[video=youtube;eJO5HU_7_1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJO5HU_7_1w[/video]

I say - dont be a bedwetter - Vote Trump.