Racist algorithm judges mostly white women to be the most beautiful in the world.

Discussion in 'Computers & Tech' started by Pipette8, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Pipette8

Pipette8 Well-Known Member

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...gence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people

Disclosure: This is a cut and paste post which I understand is considered a lazy way to post. Oh well. I couldn't help clicking on the link when I saw that robots judging an international beauty pageant seemingly didn't like dark skin.
    While the story says robot racism is not a laughing matter, I think the story is hilarious. If AI spits out results that make some people feel uncomfortable or insecure will AI have to go to reeducation camp? Calling a computer racist is sooooooooooo ridiculous.

2. mbk734

mbk734 Well-Known Member

Asian women supposedly have the most feminine features and are considered the most attractive. Not as curvaceous as white, latino, or black women however. Black women were found to be the least attractive. Black men are considered the most masculine and are considered the most attractive. Asian men were found least attractive due to being the least masculine. However, attractiveness is very subjective.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/17/satoshi-kanazawa-black-women-less-attractive_n_863327.html

Obviously the study was done by a Japanese woman with jungle fever.

3. wgabrie

wgabrie Well-Known Member Donor

It's not that the AIs are passing on bias from their programmers.

It's that the programmers have to go through the extra effort to program in short-circuits to the natural logic to provide politically correct answers.

4. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a chatbot that was released and then turned into a racist Nazi in 24 hours?

I think we should be very careful about AI. When they get smart enough, they may want to take us over and start a real final solution.

5. REALITY CHUCK

REALITY CHUCK Well-Known Member

Can humans program anything without including human nature? If God made us in his image, can we avoid making the same mistake?