Black people are far more likley to be descended from slave owners than white people

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Sab, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Sab

Sab Active Member

Given that the vast majority of white people do NOT have slave owners as ancestors and over a quarter of black people DO have slave owners as ancestors then black people should ask themselves for reparations:smile:

2. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

Do your stats show that the Blacks born to slave owners were still slaves? Former slaves paying their descendants reparations. I guess if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Statistics on this?

4. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Link to any supporting articles/evidence?

5. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

Only 1.4 percent of white Americans owned black slaves at the height of slavery. An estimated 3,000 blacks owned a total of 20,000 black slaves in the year 1860. The majority of white Americans were indentured servants, while others were convicts sent from Britain. There were 3,950,528 slaves nationally in 1860 and black slave owners owned 0.005% of the total slaves.

Results from the 1860 Census

STATE | TOTAL POPULATION | TOTAL NO. OF SLAVES
    SOUTH CAROLINA 703,708 402,406
    TENNESSEE 1,109,801 275,719
    TEXAS 604,215 182,566

6. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

Black Americans are estimated to have around 20% white ancestry. The majority or nearly all of that contribution is from slave masters impregnating their slaves. Ergo, about 20% of black American's family history is traced back to a slave owner - presumably far higher than white Americans.

7. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

This thread is stupid and racist. Apparently Sab thinks that raping slaves is funny.

8. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

It's only stupid and racist if its not true. And I fail to see where Sap thinks rape is funny.

9. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

How do you know they were raped? It could have been consensual.

10. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Most White ancestry in Black Americans is the product of White slave masters raping Black female slaves. Sab thinks it is ok to use this as a means to mock Black Americans talking about reparations.

By that logic it is possible that no woman on Earth has ever been raped. I have never witnessed anyone being raped, have you? I've only seen it depicted on TV. So maybe rape is a myth. More likely most Black women who were slaves and had children by White slave masters were raped by them. The circumstances of their captivity make this perfectly logical. They were not seen as equals by the slave masters and didn't socialize with them on the same level that White women did so what makes you think that most of the sexual intercourse that did occur was consensual? The first Blacks enslaved in America didn't even speak English. They were there to do work. They generally did not like their masters. They were oppressed physically and psychologically until they accepted their enslavement and for future generations who were born in to slavery it was just a way of life. So when the genetic evidence indicates that African-Americans are about 20% European genetically and most of that ancestry comes from White men what does your rational mind tell you about what went on? Mine tells me that many of these female slaves were violently, forcibly raped and when it wasn't forced it was coercion meaning it was understood that if they didn't give in to the master's desires they would be violently raped any way. That's not consensual sex. Did some consensual sex happen? Probably. It probably depended on how they were treated.

For example the family of Sally Hemings reports that her relationship with Thomas Jefferson, which became a national scandal, was romantic and the sex was not rape. They say that she was the half-sister of his late wife and that he felt an immediate attraction to her and that while he kept her a slave and had many children by her who were also kept as slaves he signed papers for her freedom which she kept for years while living as a slave. Some slave masters treated their slaves better than others. I can't say that it was all rape. I can reasonably speculate that most of it was rape and I think it is intellectually dishonest to suggest otherwise. There's no proof. Raping a slave wasn't considered a crime. There were no investigations of rape by police. No rape kits. Now testimonies in criminal court. Very few if any writing about the abuse because it was illegal for slaves to read and write. The only solid evidence we have that it happened is the genetic evidence and physical appearance of African-Americans many of whom are light-skinned without knowledge of a single White ancestor (because light-skinned Blacks married other light-skinned Blacks over generations and the mixed ancestry comes from slavery). So was most of it rape or consensual? Based on logic what do you really think?

11. monkrules

monkrules Well-Known Member

I don't know. You don't know. Your post is filled with your personal assumptions, but you're entitled to your opinions. I do agree that, because of the power differences, most of the sex was probably not consensual.

In the end, we're all just guessing, since none of us were there.

12. Oxymoron

Yes most likely it was mostly rape, if not rape then at least sexual harassment to the 100th power, but I was just making a point that there probably were consensual relations and probably some white women with black slaves as well...

13. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

That logic can be applied to any crime that no one witnessed except for the perpetrator and the victim. None of us lived during this time period to witness any of this behavior. The best evidence you are going to get is written testimony and most slaves didn't know how to read or write because it was illegal. I looked around and some websites have interviews with slaves talking about their sexual experiences with their masters and how they hated them. I can only make assumptions but it is a reasonable assumption that most slaves who had children were raped by their masters.

Rape can take different forms. I mentioned violent forcible rape and coercion. You can rape a woman by grabbing a hold of her and just having your way with her while she is fighting you and screaming or you can intimidate her in to just giving in and accepting it. If she doesn't have a choice in the matter it is rape. Some of it was probably consensual. Some White women probably had sex with Black men who were slaves although I'd wager that that was rare. Hell some White men who were slave masters probably had sex with Black men who were slaves as well. When people live in close proximity to each other they will act on their sexual desires regardless of the relationship and power structure.

14. Guyzilla

Guyzilla Well-Known Member Past Donor

From my VAST experience, those WITH slave ancestors seem to relish their elevated family status.

15. Guyzilla

As IM SURE you've been told, rape is NOT about giggling and fun, it is about power.

And power, WHITE POWER, is the main concern of this discussion of rape. The OP wanted to ruin any lineage.

Their ancestry, as well as their culture was STRIPPED from them, and now white people chide Black folks for not having solid affirming cultures like us white folk.

16. Guyzilla

Like RUSH SAID, sometimes, no means yes. Like when your boss ROGER AILES says, twirl for me girlie, when you twirl, did you say yes?

Honest to GOD, the Alt-Right thinks a STOCKHOLM copulation is consensual, if not romantic.

17. Guyzilla

There is NO maybe. Doing those under your BEATING authority, is STATUATORY RAPE. You cannot consent, as a three year old child, for instance. You haven't the capacity to authorize. Nor does a slave.

18. Oxymoron

So a Slave could not possible be attracted to a slave owner?

19. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

What's racist about the statistics?

Black people are only 13% of the US population. That's a statistic. Is that now racist? Are you one of those people that thinks everything with the word "black" in it is racist?

That you Al Sharpton?

20. Taxpayer

Taxpayer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Making a joke that involves rape suggests that a person thinks rape can be funny.

I do not disagree that his assertion as to what he thinks should be done truly describes what he thinks should be done. That does not mean what he thinks should be done is not stupid. Or racist.

21. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

They could. Like I said before Sally Hemings is an example where there is an oral tradition that she had a romantic relationship with Thomas Jefferson. I'm sure there were others. But let's be realistic. Most slaves hated their masters. They didn't like being slaves. The ones that had a life in Africa and went through the horrible experience of being chained, put in a boat and shipped to America, a strange land to them with a different language and culture especially didn't like being slaves. For the slaves who only knew slavery because they were born in to it their opinion of the masters probably depended on their treatment. Most of them probably felt it was a bad experience which is why many tried to escape and some rebelled. Being approached by a master for sex was probably awkward and made most of them uncomfortable. These people were not treated as equals. They were there for forced labor. Some times they were beaten, punished and insulted. They generally did not like White people who showed them no respect so most of the sexual encounters were in all probability not consensual and involved violent force or coercion.

Guyzilla is making the argument that a slave can not consent to sex with a master because of the power structure. Well the reality of the situation was that slaves had no rights. They weren't protected under the law. The slave masters viewed the slaves as property and believed it was their right to do with them whatever they pleased. So in their mind using slaves for sex was something they had every right to do. If a slave accepted the advances of a master and wanted to have sex with them I would call that consensual and not rape but if they accepted it because they didn't have a choice and the alternative was to be violently raped then that is not consensual and that or violent forcible rape is probably what happened most of the time. Some people make the argument that underage children do not have the maturity to consent to sex with an adult and that an adult soliciting sex from an underage child is morally wrong. You can apply that logic to the slavery situation and say that none of this sex was consensual because the masters had power over the slaves and if they wanted sex they weren't giving the slaves a choice so it was a form of rape. But I would not be surprised at all if some of these sexual encounters were consensual in the sense that the slaves wanted it to and the relationship was romantic. That's just human nature. I believe though that given the circumstances most of these sexual encounters between masters and slaves were not consensual.

This is an interesting read:

10 Horrifying Facts About The Sexual Exploitation of Enslaved Black Women You May Not Know

22. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Are you one of those racists who makes excuses for other racists? Is that you David Duke?

Sab isn't just citing a statistic he is making a philosophical argument that because most African-Americans have ancestors that were slave masters they should be asking themselves for reparations. That is an offensive joke because African-Americans have ancestors who were slave masters because those slave masters raped their slaves. I doubt Sab is unaware of this which means he is making a joke about the history of Black women who were slaves being raped by White men who were masters. He thinks this is funny which in my view makes him a scumbag. And honestly the mental gymnastics you people do to pretend you are not racist is pathetic.

23. ArmySoldier

"you people"? This some more King Sharpton Bigot Hate speech? Are you leading the riots in Charlotte?

24. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

You people as in you racists. Stop pretending that your opponent is the real racist. It's not working....

25. ArmySoldier

Haha love how the racist bigot supporting left wing nuts are calling other people racists.

The new aged bigots are a riot. They are the new KKK.