Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by WJV, Sep 19, 2016.

1. WJV

WJV Banned

I just read that Ben Mendelsohn won an Emmy.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...n/news-story/bf447027403d6dd9673e94fb4ea25ed0

Aussie Aussie Aussie.

I really like Ben Mendelsohn. I have never seen the show Bloodlines but Ben Mendelsohn is in some great Australians movies including The Year My Voice Broke, Metal Skin and Cosi.

I watched the Emmys last year and I remember being surprised to see Ben Mendelsohn get a nomination. I thought he was dead or retired or something. Seems he is going stronger than ever.

I didnt watch it but I can say that the Emmys hasnt annoyed me in any way this year. I didnt hear any black people complaining in the media about wanting black people to win half of the Emmy awards which was nice. And even though I do not watch Jimmy Kimmel I can stand him. The promo where the little girl asks if he is serious about doing the Emmys was funny. And the promo where Kimmel held up the sign saying 'I Love You' was funny. This years Emmys had the right tone in my opinion. I like Julia Louis Dreyfus. She is hot, and only seems to get hotter.

Did you watch the Emmys? Were you happy with the results? Did your favourite actor or actress win an Emmy?

2. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

The black protest thing was connected to the Academy Awards, not the Emmy's. It grew out of the WTF moment that Selma had been nominated for best picture but none of the black actors in it were nominated for anything IIRC.

No, I don't watch the emmy awards. I don't watch any award shows, but my problem with this particular one has to do with the whole nomination process. The networks nominate their own shows and they have to do it based on 1 episode to be judged. It basically rules out people who are much better performers than some of the winners because they were not the feature performer in some over the top episode. I do think the people vs. OJ, from the parts I saw of it, sucked compared to American Crime. Lili Taylor gave solid performance throughout the season, especially the school shooting episode.