Truth In Politics Volume 1 | "Clinton" vs Trump on Immigration Policy

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Primus Epic, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Primus Epic

Primus Epic Well-Known Member

Truth in politics or just hypocrisy in action:

[video=youtube;m3yesvvYEvs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yesvvYEvs[/video]

Apparently, Bill Clinton was Donald Trump in 1995, before Donald Trump was Donald Trump in 2016. I'm a little confused here. I thought mass deportation, more boarder security and claims of illegal aliens taking jobs, lowering wages and making things worse for Americans rhetoric was unacceptable behavior for a Presidential Candidate. Again, I'm a little confused here. What ever happened to just plain ole honesty in politics. Oh, what the hell am I talking about - its politics and there is no honesty in politics.

Is Donald Trump's stance on Immigration Policy in 2016, that much different than Bill Clinton's stance on Immigration Policy of 1995. There is a difference between policy and rhetoric. Trump's rhetoric about illegal aliens from Mexico being rapists, murders and criminals has been vile and over broad. However, outside of building a wall (hyper campaign rhetoric) which nobody in their Left or Right mind sincerely believes would ever get built, his actual policy with respect to illegal immigration seems to be inline with Bill Clinton's policy statements to the full congress nearly 21 years ago.

Bill Clinton is not running or President in 2016? True. His wife is, however. Where does she obtain her thoughts and opinions on immigration policy and how will her final solution be different than that of her husband. If not different, then it will by definition be somewhat similar to Trump's. And, if that's true, then where is the Truth in Politics.

This two party system really seems like a cover for something else. Something nobody really wants to talk about.

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I think for the Democrats, the realization that they are almost there in demographically swamping Republican voters is reason enough to pull out all the stops on immigration. That's why Hillary went from being an illegal alien driver's license skeptic to someone who favors anyone who comes here should be able to stay.