Commodities creation.

Discussion in 'Science' started by Brett Nortje, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

There are three main commodities i am trying to make - oil, diamonds and gold. it has already come to be that science can make oil, but that must be faulty if they do not do it now, obviously.

If we want to make oil, we need to observe the process first. this would be where the trees die and become coal, and oil is merely liquefied coal. this means we can liquefy coal to make oil but that is a waste. this means we need to find a quick way to make make coal. this is also evident in biofuels, where they grow plants to become oil directly. so, to make oil we need to make coal, and this means we need to dry out plants, obviously. drying the plants could be as simple as heating them, and, this would mean they go all dry like coal. this could stretch to any biological mass, but, what about non biomass? if we were to observe that grass could also become coal, we could have a ho down.

To make diamonds, well they are even dryer coal lumps, of course. gold will be made merely by condensing and drying sulfur, of course.

2. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Your understanding of these processes is insufficient to discuss them. And focusing on these also indicates a general lack of knowledge on the larger energy production loop.

As far as the "Gold"....why even bother to try to explain it.

3. Brett Nortje

May i ask what other things are in the production loop, if you have time to tell me?

4. tecoyah

Oil~ Time, Pressure, heat, extraction, processing, logistical distribution...etc...
    Diamonds~ Time, pressure, heat, extraction, processing,.....etc....
    Gold~ Supernova events.

5. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

I think this has been tried. Are you an alchemist?

And are you serious? No offense, we have been getting some rather strange posts on here today (More so than usual, so no, not me among them :smile:)

6. politicalcenter

politicalcenter Well-Known Member

Well for sure gold is NOT sulphur. Drying and condensing sulphur will give you dry condensed sulphur. Please take a science course. Preferably one that uses the periodic table. Anytime you wish to make coal or oil you must be able to extract more energy than you put in the process or the results are useless. Diamonds are already being manufactured.

7. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

You need to learn about the true process before pontificating.

First, almost no oil comes from trees. Most oil, they think, comes from the remains of foraminifera and other microscopic algae. Oil is not just liquefied coal. Basically, oil is fossilized algae and other microorganisms, coal is fossilized trees and terrestrial plants. We can make oil from coal, but it's not the natural process, for the most part. Making coal or oil is more than just drying/heating plants.

Diamonds are made using carbon (one of the main parts of coal), but it's not just dryer coal.

Gold is a different element than sulfur. The only way to make gold is in a supernova.

8. DarkDaimon

DarkDaimon Well-Known Member

Diamonds are being made now and have been commercially since 1954. In fact 98% of industrial diamonds are man-made. Gem quality diamonds however still come from the ground, but that may change with advances in nanotechnology.

Oil of course, can be created by humans, but the energy to make it far outstrips the energy it will produce (and always will because of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics).

Gold is an element so the only way to "make" it is to bombard mercury with neutrons and hope they cause a chain reaction which will make the mercury lose a proton and thus become gold. This is a very difficult and energy intensive process and the cost far exceeds the value of the gold it creates. Oh, and the gold produced in this manner is radioactive.

9. Brett Nortje

This means that we could construct gold by using gluons to combine elements too, simply building it up into gold by particles mixing?

10. tecoyah

NO.....what we "Could" do is irrelevant when it makes no sense to do. We "Could" stop all hunger and disease IF we decided to spend the trillions of dollars, millions of hours, and stop doing everything else to focus on just that.....probably. and a Gluon would not accomplish what you propose.
    "Gluons
    Gluons are the exchange particles for the color force between quarks, analogous to the exchange of photons in the electromagnetic force between two charged particles. The gluon can be considered to be the fundamental exchange particle underlying the strong interaction between protons and neutrons in a nucleus. That short-range nucleon-nucleon interaction can be considered to be a residual color force extending outside the boundary of the proton or neutron. That strong interaction was modeled by Yukawa as involving an exchange of pions, and indeed the pion range calculation was helpful in developing our understanding of the strong force"

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/particles/expar.html

I recommend you do a bit of research before attempting to explain science.

11. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

I am practicing with "making a commodity" of "full employment of resources" in the market for labor.

It could be considered analogous to a gold Standard.

12. Brett Nortje

Let's say i feel like proving myself right this time?

Gluons hold particles together,so we could 'construct materials' out of them, any which way they fit together. this is because they are like putty between the particles.

If we were to charge the gluons right, we could produce these things we want to make with gluons en mass. this could come down to simply charging the gloun with negative or positive spin, through electromagnetism. as the 'study' said, the particles are held together by charge, of course.

13. Brett Nortje

Gold is not useful as a standard, as, it is only jewelry and ornaments that it can be used for, yes? on the other hand, using the assets of the country, as the state has these buildings and houses and vehicles inside their country, producing surety or productivity and fixed assets, would be a better idea. this also meant he state will never run out of money, as, it will still have those buildings on it's land as it spends money.

14. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Not really; it is useful as a simple, benchmark Standard of a commodity, for market based metrics purposes.

Full employment of resources or one hundred percent.

Thus, we merely need to solve simple poverty on an at-will basis, to achieve it.

The legal and physical infrastructure already exists in our republic.

15. Llewellyn Moss

Llewellyn Moss Well-Known Member

http://www.viewzone.com/abioticoilx.html

Oil is not liquefied coal, or old dinosaur bone but perhaps a substance produced in the earths mantle.

16. Brett Nortje

All resources used? that is great, i understand now.

- - - Updated - - -

Bio fuels come from plants, though, yes? that is what i am using as my credibility, but, your article is researched more thoroughly.

17. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Yes; we are discussing Capital under our form of Capitalism and not any Thing, more social, than that.

18. tecoyah

Considering the ability to manipulate a Gluon, the technology required, the incredible complexity, the submicroscopic size, the logistic impossibility.....etc...the entire concept is at best ridiculous and for all intent and purpose impossible. I also note you have decided not to address the actual bulk of my commentary. As was stated in Jurassic Park:

"We are so busy looking at what we CAN do, we never stop to think if we should."

And in this case....we can't even do it anyway.

19. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Again, you show your lack of scientific knowledge. Gold is used in the electronics industry. It's used in critical things such as connectors for automobile air bags (because it doesn't corrode).

20. DarkDaimon

DarkDaimon Well-Known Member

A little more complicated than that as we have no way of manipulating matter at the quark and gluon level without using particle accelerators (like the Large Hadron Collider).

21. Brett Nortje

Merely 'messing up' the particles with a little electricity, to break them up, would result in mixed up particles. then, we send charges through them with a regulated electromagnet, to charge them to assemble in certain ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, sorry, i forgot that too.