Who won the first debate?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by BestViewedWithCable, Sep 26, 2016.

1. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Who won the first debate?

Hillary or Trump?

2. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

I've got to say, I was impressed with both sides (such as they are). Hillary really managed to stand up and fight for an extended period of time without a chair or a break, and looked in good (if high) shape. Trump did as well as anyone could have expected. He (and she) hit on all the things on everyone's mind, and it really seemed like the kind of no-holds barred, action packed TV that millions of people wanted to see. Fun times.

edit: Oh, who won the debate? Hard to say. I doubt many minds were changed. Both candidates were on the top of their games, and probably just kept appealing to the people who already liked them and disgusting those who already hated them.

3. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just watching Fox News to get their perspective. Just listening to hannity and O'Reilly before I can provide a balanced review.

4. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

I thought Hillary was predictable and just sort of boring, to be honest. I thought Trump stayed on message for the most part, so I think he might have done well for himself on this one.

5. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hillary won for the most spears thrown, Trump won at parrying those spears while effectively getting his message out to the masses. Trump also had to defend against the couple of spears thrown at him by the moderator too. Grace under pressure....Great performance!!!

6. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

I agree with one of the commentators afterward. Trump came out strong and took the first half but then fell off as time went on. Hillary did a good job of beginning to get under Trump's thin skin in the second half but the debate ended before she could really do that. Neither side gave us any real policy statements and there were no Memorable Bon Mots to be had. Seeing as Trump's never given any policy statements while this is Hillary's strength I'll give this one to Trump but very narrowly, and there is the fact that Trump would seem a winner just by not physically attacking Hillary, so this is a draw at best.

Trump, oddly, seemed the one with some physical difficulties, I won't begrudge any man a drink of water but as someone who was once nearly fired for having the sniffles I have to say that it looked like one or another of his advisors should reread the life of John Belushi as a cautionary tale.

7. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

I find it interesting that even the TrumpHumpers cannot say Trump won and instead seem to make excuses and say HillBill was lackluster....very telling.

8. Borat

Borat Banned

Some call it intellectual honesty ;)

There was no surprise attacks on him, every one of them was totally predictable, yet he was totally unprepared to rebut them effectively. He spent most of the time on defense and it wasn't a very good defense either. He managed to stay on message and keep it civil, that's a first for him :D, yet his attacks on her failures, bad judgement and her platform weren't nearly as effective as they could have and should have been. Two more debates, hopefully he'll learn the lesson, practice more and be better prepared next time.

9. E_Pluribus_Venom

E_Pluribus_Venom Well-Known Member

He buried himself.

10. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

You knew Hillary would roll out the race card but she was kind of nasty. What's with her Cheshire Cat smile? Meds? I am surprise she didn't take a wire coat hanger to Trump.

I thought it was a tie. If someone is on the fence neither one of them would change anyone's mind.

11. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

GEE GOSH why did Trump have to sniff LONG and LOUDLY after almost every sentence ?

SNNNNNNNNNNNNNIFFFFFFFFFFFFF SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Really crude and disconcerting...... does he have a DRUG problem....???? Lung problem?

Can't breathe right through those DELICATE little pursed lips ???

12. wazu013

wazu013 New Member

I can't say who won until Alex Jones tell me what to think. :nana:

13. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Apparently the problem was his microphone being crackly and low volume according to him and his campaign manager.....even though no one else noticed. It's a conspiracy against him, but he doesn't want to say so while he says so.

14. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yep, after watching Fox News you'd have to say that trump absolutely hammered Hillary. The debate was apparently proof that she is not fit to be president. The Don is the man to lead the economy because he knows business. He admitted to being extremely happy about the market crash because he could buy up cheap properties and sell them for massive profits. So I suppose the GFC was well planned. He hopes that the American people can be inspired by his business acumen to the point that they too can learn some of his tax evasion know how. What an inspiration this man is. Based on these facts, I'm with most of you, he is going to make America great again.

15. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Well-Known Member

Clinton, obviously. He needs to press home in 2 and 3 what he almost didn't touch this time. He can make it up, but this sacrificed vital momentum.

16. willburroughs

willburroughs Well-Known Member

I would say Clinton won, but it was relatively inconsequential. Trump did not blow up out of control, nor did he steamroll Clinton with his force. Not too many people will be swayed one way or the other by last night.

17. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

Clinton won the debate on its face. But in reflection, Hillary's part was blah, blah, blah. And Trump made about three good points. So I give it to Trump on depth and heart. Clinton was all crowing, shallow, and reading a rehearsal.

18. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

I was actually impressed with Trump's first half of the debate. He destroyed Hillary in that half. However, Hillary was able to really put the pedal down and get over Trump in the second half. I would not say there was a clear winner here. Hillary really lost steam when she kept trying to force the "trump racist" message. Even my incredibly liberal girlfriend was cringing at how poorly Hillary was acting by trying to force the lawsuits from the 70's. Hillary just couldn't land that one.

19. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hillary demonstrated she's an excellent fisherman. Every time she threw out the bait, Donnie went for it.

She had trump playing defense for most of the last half of the debate. Although donnie did do well in the first 20 minutes or so.

He did trouncer her on "lies and half truths" tho.

20. BoneAmi

BoneAmi New Member

Well I think what Hillary was trying to do was punctuate, or energize, her long-winded scripted responses. She hit him with "birther," "racist," even the subprime (a Democrat congressional creation). But it did not go well for her. In the second half, Trump fell silent, and Hillary just lulled us to sleep. So I don't really see a future for her in this field of debate.

21. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

You don't? You have more class than Donald.

[video=youtube;s-s7eG2ckN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-s7eG2ckN4/[/video]

I still can't believe Republicans nominated that crass, rude, obnoxious, mean spirited, narcissist, bully to be president.

22. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

I thought Trump won, he did a good job distinguishing himself from the other candidate and that's what the first debate is all about. He made Clinton look like a washington insider and that is what his campaign is all about. he is a legitimate OUTSIDER and if you want the same old things then vote for Hillary, if you want real change vote for Trump.

23. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sure he is. A billionaire OUTSIDER who is hiding his tax records, brags about not paying taxes (because only the little people pay taxes), stiffs thousands of workers and vendors, made millions scamming thousands, and whose main economic policies are massive tax cuts for the very richest and starting trade wars.

If that is an OUTSIDER, then there's plenty of good reasons that we don't elect ignorant OUTSIDERS as president.

If you really want change in the government, vote the Republican obstructionist out of Congress. Then we'll have change.

24. Crawdadr

Crawdadr Well-Known Member

Trump had only one job and that was to look like he could do the job. He did not need a big policy or plan to lay out. Hillery had to make Trump look like he could not be a president. In that she failed so I would give this one to Trump. But make no mistake if it was about issues and substance the Hillary buried him. But she did not back up her claim to the undecided voters that her lack of honesty outweighs his lack of substance.

25. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

Wow, you've swallowed the Main Stream media's garbage, hook, line and sinker