EU military strategy and structure?

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by william walker, Sep 27, 2016.

1. william walker

william walker New Member

I know the EU military thing has been done to death on here. But I think it is different now with Britain leave the EU. I don't think an EU military is possible. However Britain leaving the EU does change the threats an "EU state" would face and so would change its force structure and strategy. As with Britain in the EU it just faces threats from terrorism, Russia or Turkey, as Russian and Turkey could never ally against the EU. With Britain, Russia and Turkey, the EU could be threatened by allied powers. The UK and Russia or the UK and Turkey. So the EU would have a strategy and force structure built around meeting those threats.

So would an the military look like to meet those threats I outlined above? Also this is in a world without NATO and little US military assets in Europe, with Russia, Turkey and UK maintain their current structures.

2. PolakPotrafi

PolakPotrafi Banned

Is the EU planning to build up it's military for future generations of Muslims?

3. william walker

william walker New Member

No. That has nothing to do with this thread. It is about what a hypothetical EU military would be and what threats the EU would face. You can talk about what structures the EU would need to combat Islamic terrorism? What do you think they would need?

What interests me is how the EU would integrate its military procurement, logistics and structure. As the EU is geographically divided. So troops in Spain or France or Italy, couldn't support operations in the Balkans or Finland. So the EU would have to work most of all to be able to move its military around. Whereas Russia, Turkey and Britain have less a problem with this. As they have had centuries to work towards it. And then how would the UK, Russia and Turkey react to an EU military?