Marine Corps may replace 'The Few, The Proud' slogan.....

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by MMC, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

WTF????? Now is not the time to change the Slogan. [​IMG] This is unreal, damn ass PC bs is behind this. My heart goes out to my Cuzins, the Devil Dogs. Semper FI. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Marine Corps has always been an elite fighting force, but it may have outgrown its current recruiting slogan, “The Few. The Proud. The Marines.”

'The Few, The Proud’ does a great job distinguishing ourselves from the other branches and making us prestigious to recruits, but it doesn’t say anything about what we do or why we exist,” said Caldwell. “We believe the new campaign products require a unique tagline to achieve the effort’s objectives.”

“The new products are going to frame everything that we do as a fight — a fight that we intend to win,” he said.

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller has already approved the new advertising strategy, which could include a new “tagline” at the end of recruiting materials that would replace “The Few, The Proud,” Caldwell said.

Caldwell also made clear that the Marines are not looking for a new slogan that is more inclusive to women, who can now train for all combat jobs.

The Marine Corps has been known for their recruiting slogans dating back at least a century to "Tell That To The Marines." Other well-recognized taglines include “We Don’t Promise a Rose Garden,” "The Marine Corps Builds Men" and “The Change is Forever.”

According to J. Walter Thompson, "The Few. The Proud. The Marines" has been in use since 1977, although it has not been the sole recruiting slogan of the past 40 years: "If Everybody Could Get In The Marines, It Wouldn't Be The Marines" and “We’re Looking for a Few Good Men" were put to use during the same time frame......snip~

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rines-may-replace-recruiting-slogan/91155852/

[video=youtube;Sam4lq2WHos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4lq2WHos[/video]

So its been, and shall be weighed: Though many are born....Few are "Made":
    FAITHFUL ALWAYS THEY SHALL REMAIN.....DOGS TO LOOSE WHEN WAR IS WAGED!!!!! Hoorah! [​IMG]

2. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

F the Marines :)

3. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

We.....are.....Fam-ily!!!!! Sua Sponte. [​IMG]

[video=youtube;fl9PsV8ings]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl9PsV8ings[/video]

4. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm working with Marines tonight. I'll see how they like the news

5. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

If their Old School.....I don't think they will like it much.

But tell em.....They are never forgotten. Huah!

6. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor