Returning... kinda sorta...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bobnelsonfr, Sep 29, 2016.

1. bobnelsonfr

bobnelsonfr Member

I must have joined here at some point in time, because your Cerberus prevented me from registering as a newbie. But I'm damned if I remember when... so let's start over.

I am pushing 70. I was born in the US, but after my Army time (in Southeast Asia, as was the custom back then) I went to Europe... and one thing led to another... and I never came home. To the point that "home" has long since moved to France, although it would be unthinkable to give up my US passport.

My political ideas are pretty far left... in France. Which makes them way, way, WAY left in the States. But I'm not sectarian -- I'm quite happy to discuss stuff with conservatives -- or even ***shudder*** libertarians -- as long as the tone is civil.

I'm a basketball fan, but more of the European game -- ball and players in movement -- than the NBA isolation game. I met my wife through basketball, and we often travel to follow the French national team, this Spring to Manila.

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

Doncha just hate it when the name you wanted is already taken? [​IMG]

3. bobnelsonfr

bobnelsonfr Member

It's okay when the person who took the name is... ... me...

I found a previous OP from 2012.

4. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

Solid informed leftists are always welcome here. Especially when they accumulated as much life experience as you obviously have. Have you read "The Bright Shining Lie"? It is very good, but hard for me to finish - too depressing.

Pick some active threads and share your thoughts. good luck