Trump's Income Tax

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Just A Man, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

Hillary throws accusations at Trump that he doesn't pay any income taxes. Yeah, throw it against the wall to see if it sticks -- typical politician. Sounds a lot like Harry Reid's false accusation against Romney. Here's the truth -- If Trump cheats on his taxes the IRS will come after him, thus he must be lawful. Hillary claims Trump takes advantage of all the loop-holes in the tax code. It's people like politician Hillary that write the tax codes with the legal loopholes, so Trump is following the law and would be a fool not to take advantage of the legal deductions. Enough already on Trump's tax issue. It's a non-story but kept on the front page by Hillary and the media.

2. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

Exactly right. If Trump has broken the law (which clearly he has not, if his claim of being audited every year is true), then they should prosecute him. Else, their beef is with the SYSTEM, not with Trump. And, to expand a bit, if Trump has LEGALLY paid NO federal income tax, as was claimed by Clinton, then clearly the system, which she has been a part of for 30 years, needs to be fixed. We shall see how fast they get on that tax system fixing.

3. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

Well, in the few tax returns that he did share with reguators in order to get what he wanted, he paid not taxes.

It will stay on the front pages until Mr Trump does what every other presidential candidate over the last forty years had done....

4. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

1. Clinton had evidence from Trump's old tax returns

2. Donald didn't deny it. He bragged about how he got away with it.

3. It's Republican who write the tax loopholes that billionaires take advantage of.

If you like the fact that billionaires can avoid paying taxes and/or pay lower rates than you, put Donald in office.

We can be sure he will promote laws that benefit himself.

5. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

She documented her claim. In the returns he revealed, he paid not taxes. So this is a fact, not a claim.

Trump casts doubt on his ethics by refusing to release his tax returns and by his many well documented sleazy business practices, and equally sleazy business partners. (he screwed all the legitmate ones).

Of course, since Trump won't release his tax returns, hiding behind the clearly bogus audit excuse, he has no rebuttal.

6. Iriemon

Can you even imagine what it would be like if it were Clinton instead of Donald who did not release her tax returns?

We'd be hearing about it non-stop every day from the RW propaganda media and the acolytes here.

7. Just A Man

So?

He is not every other presidential candidate -- he is a non establishment candidate.

8. Iriemon

Trump is as establishment as they come and his tax plans prove it.

But how does that excuse him hiding his tax returns? Except for pure partisan hypocrisy, I mean.

9. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

If he has done something illegal, the crooked IRS that Obama has used before to prosecute conservatives and ignore liberals tax cheats before would have used their swat team to take the Don down and locked him away. Al Sharpton owes money, no jail time. Melissa Harris Perry owes money, no jail time. You guys are mad that someone who is rich pays little to no taxes because he is wise with his money. There are companies like Obama's GE that paid $0 in tax returns, but are one of the highest grossing companies in the world. Want to get rid of the tax loopholes? Push for the flat tax.

10. vino909

vino909 Well-Known Member

Exactly right!! Trump did not write the tax laws. Does anyone have proof he broke the law? Has he been charged with tax fraud (does the name Sharpton ring a bell?)?

11. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

You mean like how she "donates" her money to her charity which she uses for all of her personal expenses and get to write off her income?

12. Just A Man

1--The IRS had no problem with Trump's old tax returns so why does Hillary?
    2--His accountants did the tax returns and he should brag that they did a good job, both legal and smart. Tell me what Trump "got away with"?
    3--That's BS and you know it. Congress writes the tax laws. That's democrats and republicans. Don't be like Hillary and make stuff up.
    4--I have no problem with anyone, including billionaires, paying the least amount of taxes so long as they are legal. I also do my own tax returns and try to pay the least amount possible. How about you? Or do you just not take any deductions and let the government keep all the money they took from your paycheck before you got paid? Or maybe you don't make enough income to pay income taxes and are jealous of millionaires? You need to see this "Show your tax return" as a phony issue, like a plastic banana. I don't care about anyone's tax return as long as they are square with the IRS. I also don't care if they wear boxer or briefs. I care about their agenda and plans for our country.

13. Iriemon

No, I mean if Hillary didn't put out her tax returns like every other presidential candidate over the past 40 years. Except Donald.

Can you even imagine what the RW propaganda media and its brainwashed would be doing with that?

The hypocrisy is staggering. Even by RW standards.

14. politicalcenter

politicalcenter Well-Known Member

So you support a candidate that will make it even easier for the richest Americans to avoid paying taxes?

15. Iriemon

Different standards. We don't know what the IRS thought about it, but Clinton and millions of others like me find it abhorent that our nation goes deeper into debt when supposed billionaires like Trump dodge paying taxes that working folk have to pay.

Are you happy with billionaires not paying taxes like Trump when hard working Americans have to pay taxes? Why?
    We don't know because he's hiding his tax returns.
    Prove Clinton passed tax laws giving tax breaks to billionaires like Trump.

16. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do not doubt that he paid no taxes. I doubt that he has broken any laws by not paying taxes. If he has not paid any taxes, then either he has committed tax fraud, for which he should be prosecuted, OR your beef is misdirected, and should be against the SYSTEM, not Trump.

I do not believe he has broken any law, and has still managed to keep his money out of the hands of the government. That he plays by THEIR rules, and still wins, is to his credit. And, it is an indication that the tax system is broken.

I think, once the IRS is happy with his returns, he should release them. If they show that he paid no taxes AND that the IRS has audited and approved that fact, then he can hold them up as a credit to himself, and to show that Clinton, despite having been in a position to advocate to fix it for the last 30 years, has declined to do so.

17. supaskip

supaskip Well-Known Member

I completely agree on this issue.
    Everyone hates taxes, and everyone would try to avoid them legally if they could.

1, 2 : He hasn't done anything that we all wouldn't do. If you can legally save money, I will call you a fool if you don't take advantage.
    3 : Congress does the work; Republican's can't be blamed for something that Democrats have had an opportunity to change at various points throughout control of congress... and many Democrats also take advantage of these laws (especially those who do the speech circuit).

But billionaires can already do that with a Democrat in office.

18. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

this issue about the tax returns isn;t actually about how much tax was paid by who.

its about disclosing one's financial situation.
    Its about revealing potential conflicts of interest - you know like how much a person might owe a foreign financial institution, or how much money is invested in particular foreign markets.
    It provides insight into a person's attitudes about charity.
    And as an added bonus provides verification of a candidates claims. Much like say a "birth certificate" or two.

19. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

No one should ever have to share their personal financial records to the public. What kind of F-ed up world is everyone living in? Does Hillary need to share her browser history with us? No. It's personal. This witch hunt is the most pathetic excuse to find something to be whiney about, I've ever seen in my life.

20. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

So he got away with following the law! Whodathunk?

21. Just A Man

I can support any candidate that wants to cut everyone's taxes. Why do you want the rich to pay more taxes than others? You can't answer that without exposing your envy. You do know the top 10% earners pay 50% of all income taxes collected. Google the IRS and start thinking for yourself.

22. mbk734

mbk734 Well-Known Member

A lot of people are claiming Trump might pay no individual tax. It depends on the salary he takes from his business and his tax deductions. However, his multi million dollar businesses pay millions in tax. There's no way to avoid it.

23. politicalcenter

politicalcenter Well-Known Member

People that make more money pay more taxes. Why is that so hard to understand? Large corporations are also the largest recipients of government welfare.

24. Just A Man

We are in debt because of a government spending problem, not a taxing problem. Wise up.
    Trump "dodged" paying taxes. Wow, you should report him to the IRS.
    You do know some working people pay no income tax?
    I lose no sleep when any billionaire legally pays no income tax. I have no envy.
    I didn't say Senator Hillary passed any tax laws -- I said politicians like her, our Congress, passed the tax laws. I think Congress is made up of politicians -- like Hillary. Pay attention to what I post.
    You want people to pay their fair share -- and I guess you will decide their fair share?
    How do you feel about half the working people paying no income tax (check with the IRS). Do you think that is fair?

25. Just A Man

Also large corporations employ hundreds of people who live off the corporations' profits and these people pay income taxes.