Man charged for owning cash

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by Robert, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

Now to show you how corrupt your government is, a man gets arrested for owning cash. He wanted it in banks. Banks may have turned him. His earnings were legal. Due to corrupt federal laws, banks comply with laws.

Anyway, now you face charges for merely owning cash you earned.

Watch video too. Very good explanation by lawyers.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article106229522.html

2. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

....and here's the IMPORTANT part of the story, that OP forgot to mention

The Miami Lakes man who had $22.6 million cash stuffed in buckets inside a secret room says the money is all legit — earned from sales of equipment to legal marijuana growers in other states.

Hernandez-Gonzalez ran Blossom Experience, a North Miami-Dade store that sells fans, lights and other equipment for indoor gardening. Cops believe that the business, while legal, caters to marijuana traffickers growing weed in clandestine labs inside homes.

Investigators raided his businesses and home after he was caught on a phone wiretap giving growing advice to Miami marijuana growers arrested by federal agents in Tennessee.

3. Robert

I forgot nothing. I supplied the link that you used to try to claim, it seems to me like, that he did wrong.

This will cost him lawyers fees and he will be free. But the court won't reimburse him for his costs. A darned shame.

4. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just from the articles available sounds like bull(*)(*)(*)(*) charges pressed to take his money.

Stuff like this is why the "War on Drugs" needs to be largely revoked.

5. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

"With liberty and justice for all"

6. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Actually he appears to be facing charges for helping people set up illegal grow houses in exchange for discounts on their illegal drugs as part of his criminal conspiracy. I wouldn't want to be the lawyer defending him--they would probably seize the money he paid you with too and you would be stuck doing it for free.

7. Robert

What you do today, could be completely changed, not by you, not by your local neighbors, but by men and women who do not really personally care about you. Then you wake up to a brand new law. i don't think when G. Washington lived there was some law over cash nor plants known as drugs.

What is going on in the USA, is Democrats frenetically create laws, and you may see the Dodd Frank law if you doubt this,to bind you from having your freedom.

Yes, though it is no crime for the Feds to have millions in cash, suddenly it is a crime for citizens. How on earth can this happen?

The Feds crafted laws that did not exist during my young adult life of reporting your money dealings to the Feds. I saw the forms used. It really happens.

8. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, it was the only logical thing to do after Len Bias OD'd on cocaine and Tip looked all soft on crime.... :roll:

9. Crcata

Crcata Banned

How did I know there was more to the story than simply owning cash lololol. Some people....

10. War is Peace

War is Peace Banned

What would you do if you had $22 million in cash, had earned it legally, and wanted to keep and protect it?
    1. Deposit the money in a bank account.
    2. keep the cash in a safe deposit box.
    3. keep it in buckets in your rental house.

If by remote chance it's not drug money........he's doing the best drug dealer impersonation I've ver seen.

11. Battle3

Battle3 Well-Known Member

Asking it with respect to $22 million is not practical. Who has that much cash?

A better question that people can relate to is, what would you do if you have $250,000 in cash, all legally earned? With banks paying no interest, some banks strictly limiting cash deposits and withdrawals, the potential of negative interest rates, and the plain distrust of banks and the economy, there are people who have large amounts of cash outside of a bank.

Assume the economy turns around, confidence increases, and such a person tries to deposit $250,000 in a bank. What do you think will happen? The bank reports it to the feds, the feds assume it is illegally acquired cash, and they confiscate it and start filing charges and harassing the person. Civil asset forfeiture - the feds get the money, you have to prove you are innocent, and no matter what happens you usually don't get your money back.