Rap Veteran Willie D to Stacey Dash- "Wish Protestors Would Have Shot You In Ferguson

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Brewskier, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

http://theboombox.com/willie-d-calls-michael-jordan-a-hoe-b-on-coon-ii-video/

Here's the original song:

http://genius.com/Willie-d-coon-lyrics

This is a great example of the double standard society has with racism. Here we have an extremely well known rapper who has been active for about 3 decades feeling free to be as racist as he wants. He knows that nobody is really going to come down hard on him. He won't lose contracts or sponsors because of this. He knows his audience will support him. He doesn't worry about what whites might think about it.

This would be equivalent to Garth Brooks releasing a song where he criticizes and threatens whites who act black. Brooks' career would end if he did such a thing, and it would be world news for weeks, if not months. Blacks, however, do not have to fear this, because their racism is not only validated by our progressive society, but actively encouraged.

2. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

The reversal effect.

In 1860 it was the norm to be against black people, which is wrong.

Now, it's the norm to be against white people. The problem is that the public doesn't consider it wrong yet. The Obama 2016 race and police war (his legacy) just started. Very unfortunate times.

3. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

The speech codes have not silence Stacey Dash. How did the NKVD/Gestapo handle dissenters?

4. Brewskier

You'll notice there's a good amount of "homophobia" in those lyrics, as well. Progressives won't criticize Willie D they way they would a white artist, however. I wonder why?

5. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

What do "speech codes" or the "Gestapo" have to do with wishing people dead or being a bigoted POS?

This is an example of his mentality

"Somebody did me wrong, somebody stole my phones, and so I did the same thing to somebody else. I didn’t necessarily steal their phones, I just didn’t ship them. I took the money and didn’t ship their orders. That’s what happened, and I felt justified in doing it, at the time. Of course, now, I realize I was wrong. I was grateful [to the court], ’cause it could have been a whole lot worse"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_D

Thankfully after his years of music it doesnt seem like he has much influence as his net worth is 1 million.

6. Brewskier

I'm not a fan of rap, but the group he came from "The Geto Boys" is one of the pioneers of the genre. They have influenced countless groups, and are very respected among black rappers and their fans. This guy is no fringe character by any stretch, he's had one of the longest careers of anyone in rap.

7. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

And yet it seems his crap doesnt sell well. True he might have influenced other "performers" that have more success.

8. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lil wayne starts a few of his rap songs with "no homo". He's the most popular rapper, arguably, of all time. He has by far the most mixtape singles than any rapper.

Lil wayne says no homo in:

1. Weezy ambitions
    2. Lollipop
    3. We takin over Remix
    4. I like dat
    5. My daddy
    6. Back on my grizzie
    7. Oh let's do it
    8. All alone

It's acceptable bigotry now. But if a white person said it, it's not acceptable.

9. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Your thoughts on the lyrics? The topic you know.

10. Brewskier

It may be "obscure" to middle age white men, but many young blacks are deeply immersed in this culture.

I'm sure you'd be just as permissive if a white country music singer had racist lyrics in their songs, right soup?

11. supaskip

supaskip Well-Known Member

Rap (or "gansta rap" or the similar sub-genre) has nothing particularly new to say in this area.

12. Brewskier

Probably not, but it was (at least) a very popular genre of music 20 years ago. Many of the big names in the genre are multi, multi millionaires. Snoop, Dr Dre, Ice Cube, and others have net worths of well over 100 million dollars each. Cube's lyrics were very racist, anti-Semitic, and homophobic back in the day. He was never challenged on it. His career didn't suffer for it. It sold very well. It just shows what the black audience will tolerate.

13. cupAsoup

cupAsoup Well-Known Member

I have no clue who this guy even is. Nor do I waste any brain power contemplating the political thoughts of entertainers. I do find some irony in the right who constantly cries about hollywood and their liberalism, to seize upon this nonsense as worth mentioning.

- - - Updated - - -

I would dismiss song lyrics as nothing more than song lyrics. This is a non story.

14. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Ice T went from singing about killing cops to playing one on TV.. Go fig.

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: You do care as you are posting. You are fine with it considering the target and want to discuss "the right" instead of the topic.

Shall we go through the threads about the National Anthem and see if your thoughts are consistent?

15. cupAsoup

cupAsoup Well-Known Member

You're confusing me posting with caring. This post was simply some low hanging fruit to point out the hypocrisy of the right that is clearly over your head. I'll break down the silliness of this thread for you.

Right wing logic: rapper uses incendiary language in his songs. Every black kid who listens to it agrees with him.

16. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

There's nothing obscure about violent rap lyrics.

- - - Updated - - -

The one's running around blowing each other away and dealing drugs seem to agree with every word.

17. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I can see why you dont want to discuss the wishing death on two people and being openly bigoted in his lyrics and rather discuss "the right". By deflection you are by default accepting the lyrics.

18. Brewskier

Yes, I'm confident that if this had been a white country music singer, with racist lyrics in his/her song, you'd be in here chastising other liberals who were complaining about white racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, he supports it. He just doesn't want to come out and say so.

19. Your Best Friend

Your Best Friend Well-Known Member

I don't understand how something is deemed not worth noting by you. It costs nothing to post and read a thread.
    I find it fascinating to discover what other people are thinking, no matter how lowly I might regard some "artist" and no matter how ignorant those thoughts might be. What are you afraid of? How bad it makes some blacks look?

20. Thirty6BelowZero

Thirty6BelowZero Well-Known Member Past Donor

"Rap veteran"

That's all I needed to see.

21. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

As amazing as this might sound, whites are the largest buyers of rap music. Those rappers didn't get rich merely from a black audience, it's almost impossible.

22. Brewskier

The reason he is bothered by this thread's existence is that it highlights a fact that white progressive Democrats do not want known. There's a lot of racism practiced in the black and brown communities - against each other, against themselves, against whites, etc. This causes a huge problem for white "anti-racists". They claim that they hate racism, and much of their energy is devoted to fighting against racism, but what they actually hate is white racism. That is, racism practiced by whites towards non-white Democratic voting blocs. When the white progressive runs into racism that goes the other way, or just racism in general practiced by non-white minorities, they are unable to respond to it. Some actually support the racism practiced by non-whites, and claim that it's not possible for those people to actually be racist. The chosen narrative on the left is that racism is exclusively a white problem, and any story that contradicts that narrative is met with the same dismissiveness and irritation that cupAsoup showed earlier. The left is very bothered when certain facts about their ideology are exposed, and it's one of the reasons I post threads like this.

23. Brewskier

That's true, and it's pathetic. A lot of rap, especially gangsta rap, is vehemently anti-white (some of Ice Cube's songs come to mind. Read the lyrics to "Cave (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)" to find out what black men like him think of white women who lust after him). For whites to buy and support this music is a strong indication of self-loathing.

24. Brewskier

Actually, here's the lyrics to "Cave (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)". Keep in mind, Ice Cube is one of the best known rappers in the world, and has a net worth over 100 million dollars. He is cast as the father in kids movies nowadays. His racist lyrics had absolutely no negative affect on his career. They probably helped him, in fact.

Can you imagine if a white artist wrote a song about how ugly black women are? They would probably have to go into witness protection for the rest of their lives. At the very least, their careers would be over.

Just a great example of the "racism" double standard, in our left-wing progressive society:

https://play.google.com/music/preview/Ttxiyoj54wnmpyoos27n6jvsafy?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

25. Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson Well-Known Member

Great stuff.

The Geto Boys were cool, for a minute, a quarter-century ago.

At this point, Willle D. has been reduced to an attention whore stirring the pot.