NIH recognizes LGBTQ community as 'health disparity population'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MolonLabe2009, Oct 7, 2016.

1. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

So, let me get this straight. Homosexuality results in a higher risk of cancer and HIV/AIDS and the government wants to spend more taxpayer money to find out why?

I can tell you why and I can tell you how to reduce those risk.

Stop participating in promiscuous sex, and stop having sex with people of the same sex.

There! Problem solved.

2. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

wait, so they are saying they have "less access to health care" would infer that Obamacare has failed and once again is another example of it not doing what promised? will liberals admit and acknowledge Obamacare has once again presented more proof it doesn't do what intended, or will they go to their new tagline, we have things that could be improved but its a great system? I don't know, either way they try to spin this, all these people should have affordable healthcare from the government exchanges, so what research do we need to do, they have insurance now, we were told that will solve everything, so why do they need anymore help than anyone else in america...

P.S. basically this is just more proof that Obamacare is a failure, government spends every penny it can squeeze out of people, and there is little results to show for any of this... is this going to be like studies done to investigate the lactating levels of lesbian women without children? I mean they have to spend their budgets or else they don't get more next year right, so lets just spend it to spend it so we can ask for more! yay america...

3. crank

crank Well-Known Member

homosexuality is irrelevant. people (gay or straight) who sleep around are more likely to contract STDs than those who don't.

4. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

But don't you need a 100 million dollar study to prove it? Derp. Basic common sense is too complicated.

Did you know kids from single parent households don't perform as well in school too? We needed a 20 yr, billion $ study to prove that one too😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. crank

crank Well-Known Member

generally speaking, I prefer to see empirical studies carried out before tax dollars are spent. otherwise it's just some politician dictating an opinion.

having said that, no amount of studies will change bad parenting or slutty behaviour.

6. Polydectes

Polydectes Well-Known Member

How are you going to do that? Your solution lacks practicality

7. Perriquine

Perriquine On hiatus Past Donor

Nope, you've got it twisted. Homosexuality doesn't cause cancer or HIV/AIDS. Correlation is not causation.

All you've illustrated for us with this is that you don't actually understand the problems or their cause. Telling people to stop engaging in promiscuous sex or same-sex behavior won't stop either one from happening. We need to know what factors are involved in leading some populations to take greater risks with their health, and then address those issues.

8. Perriquine

Has nothing to do with 'Obamacare'. These issues have been around a lot longer than that. The ACA's purpose was to make health care more affordable to a larger population. It wasn't about curing the discrimination faced by some populations that also factors into them not being able to access health care. It can't cure the problem of gay kids getting kicked out of their homes and entering the sex trade in order to survive.

Maybe people should try looking at this through a different lens than their hatred for Obama and anti-gay bias.

9. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

but they are making the argument because they are a minority population they are not getting the healthcare they need, but the argument of Obamacare is that everyone would receive the healthcare they need, by providing insurance, which these individuals could now use, and as a result achieve healthcare that they were formerly "discriminated" against by with their preexisting conditions... now you're telling me that even removing preexisting conditions from the ability to obtain insurance, still doesn't remove the discrimination despite them now being able to purchase insurance and obtain healthcare they desire and need...

see the problem with your argument is it defeats itself, and like I pointed out the immense irony, they are no longer being discriminated against, they have insurance...

but I see you spun into a whole new topic and argument about gay kids getting kicked out of homes, as if that had anything to do with the OP... way to derail when confronted with facts you can't refute...

if you want to dive into homelessness and then specifically ONLY gay teens, or the sex trade, let me know, we can derail this thread as much as you want...

but I get it, you just wanted something to rub your smug liberal nose into, rather than the singular discussion this thread created, why let that stop you from derailing and spinning into a tirade on other issues than the one being discussed... is that your typical behavior, when anyone dare challenge something, you bring something else up? is that how you defend and "discuss" things in your bubble of like-minded people, anyone who dare disagree or challenge, gets 20 other accusations lobed at them???

P.S. before responding though, I want you to read the article below about the smug american liberals today... you might learn something about yourself and why so many folks hate you and your way of talking to people... and you're in luck, its written by another liberal, so you can't claim its biased or wrong, written by liberals for smug liberals...

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism

10. TheGoverness

TheGoverness New Member

In what word is that a viable solution? That's not gonna happen ever.

11. Perriquine

Being able to obtain insurance does not mean people are no longer being discriminated against.

But whatever - if you can't get past a negative obsession with Obamacare for two seconds to actually listen to what's really going on, then I guess there's not point in our discussing it.

You are the one who spun this into a topic about Obamacare.

The article linked is actually about why some communities experience health disparity. All I did was give an example of something that contributes to those disparities.

It's very much on point, even if you won't wish to confront that uncomfortable reality.

Not really. If you want to derail it to talk about Obamacare, well, I'm not going to accommodate that desire further. You'll have to be satisfied with talking to the echo chamber, which clearly has no desire to understand what the article linked was actually about.

And right on cue, a tirade about 'liberals'.

Because anyone who says something you don't like is a 'liberal'. Anyone who points out that you're the one derailing is a 'liberal'. Anyone who dares to take issues with the obvious biases expressed in the OP is a 'liberal'.

More to the point, you aren't interested in a thoughtful discussion about the actual topic of the linked article.

Between 'Obamacare' and the 'liberal' BS, it's like this place has become one big, broken record.

12. Battle3

Battle3 Well-Known Member

But that's an unworkable solution. The gays will not stop their promiscuous behavior. In the 1970's and 1980's when HIV (then called the "gay plague" and "gay cancer" by the gay community) was first coming to light and was rampant in San Francisco and NY City, the gays refused to allow their "bath houses" to be shut down. They would rather continue the spread of HIV than rein in their wild sexual activities.

13. Perriquine

Right on cue, we also have the usual negative obsession with certain sexual behaviors that some people associate with homosexuality.

If you think you know anything about an actual person's sex life and what they're doing with which 'holes', based merely on the knowledge that they're gay, then you may be quite mistaken.

As usual, the lesbians get ignored.

Pathetic.

I guess no one is interested in what the linked article was actually about. Nope, just the usual partisan political BS hitched to anti-gay stereotyping.

I'm done with this train wreck.

14. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

lol that pun was intended come onnnn heh... I'll have to hit google and see which is dirtier, or I think perhaps the better method should be, which contains the more severe pathogens perhaps? perhaps a good balance between those two things, severity and count combined with the likelyhood of it manifesting itself... what a fun friday!

15. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

Oh dear lord, slow down before you you really make sex dirty lol.

Let's just leave it at stay away from the butthole and avoid mouths with sores lol. Much better for everyone ha.

16. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

the topic is about the health disparity, meaning they don't have access to the means to address health concerns once they arise... simply giving me 10 different methods in which someone may get sick, does not ultimately dispute my assertion they can now be addressed as a result of Obamacare providing the means to address health concerns... see your entire argument above just fell flat on its face... because people who had a preexisting condition which previous could not be addressed, was a very real and valid concern and a cause for change, the change has been made, and now those people can NOT be discriminated against, and can obtain the means to address the health concerns...

your attempt to bring up something that may result in a health concern, in a moot point, sidewalks could cause a health concern when someone stubs their toe, that does not mean sidewalk issues are health issues... attempting to draw a direct connection between the two does not mean the person is being discriminated against for walking on the sidewalk that has a crack or something in it... the fact remains, the gays who have aids, can no longer be discriminated against, its against the law, their preexisting conditions do not invalidate them from purchasing insurance to address their health issues... just because you don't like me saying "obamacare" doesn't mean you get to spin into a derailing point and assert that its directly link... its not... there are plenty of youth who are kicked out of their homes who don't have health problems as a result of getting kicked out... they have health concerns as a result of others things they do because they failed to make good choices once they were confronted with making one...

if you want to argue society should have more shelters or places to turn for youth kicked out of their homes, you can make that argument all day, its likely needed in every community across this nation... but you can't say, they are still being discriminated against for health, because they happen to get sick once they get kicked out... the two issues are not codependent and necessary for the other, nor do they always equate the outcome when applied... see thats the problem with smug liberals, they apply logic in such a goofing (*)(*)(*)(*)ing way to distort everything into racism, sexism, homophobic, etc etc etc... every turn of your life must be miserable that all you see is hate hate hate...

maybe take a step back, and take my advice, read the article I linked to that you clearly did not even bother clicking, despite it coming from a LIBERAL journalist discussing it... you couldn't even take the time to accept and ponder criticism from your own kind... because you can't handle anything when confronted, you spew rhetoric... and then you retreat to your bubble of like minded people who won't dare challenge or oppose your views, because then you might have to really think things over... and that would be horrible...

so the fact remains... gays are no longer discriminated against in healthcare, they now get obamacare, which has removed the discrimination in obtaining healthcare... just because they still get sick and you attempted to move the field goals to a new point and other issues unrelated to the topic of this thread, isn't discrimination... sorry...

P.S. since you challenged my assertion you're not a liberal, why don't you tell us what you are, since you didn't say so, you merely attempted to attack me without stating what you are... is that because you are a liberal and your only defense was to attack what I said, and not say, well so what if I am a liberal... lol at you liberals... I'll include the smug liberal article written by a liberal below, although just like last message, I doubt you'll even take criticism from one of your own, you can't stomach criticism...

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism

17. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

Other "health-disparity populations" include the poor, Hispanics, and Blacks.

Not sure what justifies the anti-gay bigotry here.

18. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

how about this, in the immortal words of a famous movie, you never go ass to mouth... and we'll leave it at that... lol

19. Perriquine

You don't understand what a health disparity group is, obviously. It's not limited to access to insurance. That's only one piece of a much larger picture. You're trying to limit it to insurance as an excuse to rant about 'Obamacare'.

:roll:

...because the multiple issues faced by a gay kid kicked out of his home, that contribute to his health risks, is akin to stubbing one's toe.

What I mentioned was an example of something that contributes to the disparity in health among LGBT people. You can't see the forest because you're hung up on the knothole in one tree.

You think this is the only form of discrimination gay people face that affects their health. Tunnel vision.

I don't care if you call it 'Obamacare'. Again, you're the one derailing by trying to make the ACA the focus of this thread. That's not at all what it's about. Read the freakin' article - ALL of it. Not just one phrase that triggers you on 'Obamacare'.

Really you have a citation with some stats on that? Or are you just talking out of your hind end?

So you're part of the "people who have negative life experiences deserve it, because it's all the result of their poor decisions" camp. No compassion whatsoever.

Says the person answering me in a hateful way. As for your strawman arguments, not wasting my time. You clearly don't know squat about anti-gay discrimination, and you're hell bent on making it about something I never even said.

Maybe learn to talk to me like I'm a real person, instead of the mistaking me for the 'liberal' bogeyman in your negative fantasies. No, I didn't click your link. And I'm not going to, because I have better things to do with my time than read a bunch of crap irrelevant to the topic at hand.

...because you declare it must be true...because you're omnipotent or something. There is more to discrimination in healthcare than health insurance. There, I gave you a major clue. Let's see if you're able to pick it up and make something of it.

...because you can't take your blinders off to look beyond the topic of insurance and 'Obamacare'...

I renew my complaint that you apparently either don't know what the topic of this thread is, or are purposely trying to avoid it. Hint: It's NOT about 'Obamacare'.

It appears you're the one who can't stomach criticism, and has to deflect by ranting about 'liberals'.

I happen to think that labels like 'conservative' and 'liberal' are pretty meaningless, actually. Especially when it comes to one's opponent trying to define the word in order to apply it to you as some kind of insult.

20. Thirty6BelowZero

Thirty6BelowZero Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's a no brainer... This is why people are sick of the government.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, gay men are more likely to get AIDS than anyone else.

21. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Probably related to HPV but the jury is still out in some circles on that.

22. Thirty6BelowZero

Thirty6BelowZero Well-Known Member Past Donor

Seriously? Homosexual intercourse is the main factor in contracting AIDS. Second on the list is injection addicted drug abusers.

23. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

your response was the perfect example of how to NEVER respond to a message... you adding 20 one-liners is the worst example of a response I have ever seen... normally I would reply to someone and respond to what they said, this leaves me with zero desire to add 20 different responses to each line... holy (*)(*)(*)(*) dude...

my original point still stands... Obamacare provides health insurance and thus healthcare, that was the liberal argument passed on to us all, now that they have healthcare, you can't now shift and change the argument to they are still being discriminated against and don't have access to healthcare... just because you don't like the irony of liberals who made promises that all the woes of society would be solved by this bill, and it later turns out it created an immense amount of new issues for people, isn't my fault... but you can no longer claim someone is being discriminated against, they now have access to healthcare, problem solved, right, thats what liberals told us...

24. Perriquine

Yes, seriously. The idea that gay men are constantly having unprotected anal sex with multiple partners is nothing but a ridiculous stereotype.

Not all gay men practice anal sex. Of those that do, it's not necessarily the preferred activity or something done regularly. We aren't all promiscuous (some of us are truly monogamous), and many do use protection.

The majority of gay men are not infected with HIV. The loss of friends to the disease was enough to make many change their sexual habits. But we have a generation of gay men who are too young to remember what it was like in the 80s. They have never known HIV as anything other than a disease manageable through medical intervention. Thus we hear about infection rates going up.

Way too many people think Gay = HIV/AIDS. Way too many people think Gay = anal sex. Neither one is true.

25. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

Your first suggestion is spot on and applies to everybody regardless of gender or orientation.

Your 2nd one is completely irrelevant since AIDS does not care what gender you or the person you have sex with/share needles with is.

1 out of 2 ain't bad.