Our Troops in Afghanistan need – boots!

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by longknife, Oct 8, 2016.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

2. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

The best boot I was ever issued was the Vietnam War jungle boot.

3. longknife

longknife New Member

Me too. Kept mine for so long I had them when I retired.

4. APACHERAT

I wore my jungle boots during my entire tour of duty when I was in-country. Afterwards back in the States it was back to wearing the all black leather combat boots but I still had my jungle boots in my locker. When I went back into the civilian world I wore the same jungle boots as a work boot and they lasted me for something like five or six years into the the mid late 1970's.

Another great combat boot was the "boondockers" worn by Marines and soldiers who fought in the Pacific and by many soldiers in Europe until the Army's combat boot entered service in 1943. In the movie "The Great Escape" you see Steve McQueen wearing boondockers.

The boondocker is a 6" high leather rough side out boot. Since the boon docker has no ankle support they are designed to be worn with leggings.

For fifty years I would hear WW ll, Korean war Marines and Marines who served during the 1950's always talking about the boon dockers boots and how comfortable they were. The boondocker had a stitched black rubber sole and heel that can be resoled and heeled.

Last year I finally said I have to find some boondockers. There are some chi-com knock offs that can be found on Amazon so I bought a pair at $80. They didn't have the black rubber sole and heels but after wearing them for a week they became really comfortable.

But I wanted the real thing, a Marine Corps boondocker made to 1940's quality and military specs and I found them. Made in the USA mil. spec boondockers at $250 a pair. And I bought a pair. The most comfortable and the best boots that I own. Money well spent. -> http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/newusmcboondocker.html

5. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

I feel like I can never go wrong with rockys

6. APACHERAT

7. Tommy Palven

Tommy Palven Active Member Past Donor