White man rights "learn your manners" to black neighbor.

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Crcata, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Crcata

Crcata Banned

LOL So I just realized my phone defaulted to "rights" instead of "writes". Forgive that, and if a Mod could change that, please do.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/‘l...e-response/ar-BBxewRt?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U270DHP

And no where in that letter was anything racist written, but yet another black man with a chip on his shoulder so large that he cant help himself but to see racism in any amount of criticism from a white person.

At one point in his reply to the "racist white person" he spoke on the idea that he should not have to "adjust HIS volume" to what his NEIGHBOR seems is responsible...presumably on the idea that his neighbor has no authority over him.

Ok fair enough...so at what point do we draw a line? At what point do you have to start considering others when taking actions such as stomping and yelling or playing your music to loud, etc. At what point is it to much? Do we just all do whatever we want regardless of how it makes others feel just because we want to? In a hypothetical situation...would this black person in this incident like it if people banged on his walls? If not, would "I will bang on MY walls as much as I WANT regardless of how it makes YOU feel because YOU have no authority over ME" be an acceptable response in that hypothetical situation?

Again, nothing in the admittedly angry letter was about race. It was about lack of respect. Yet like clockwork, the black man turned it into a race issue.

How do we reach out for peace with a community that believes any confrontation between races is automatically an issue of racism that hey are the victims of? It's acceptable to say racist things like "white people speak without thinking" these days, but yet if the role was reversed, the white person would be fired from his job for racism.

We definitely live in a time where blacks have more freedom of speech than whites. Where whites are victims of racism far more than blacks. Where blacks have more freedom of expression than whites. And yet like clockwork, blacks continue to claim victimhood.

So I ask again, how in the hell do we reasonably reach out to the black community to sue for peace?

2. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

Taping a note to the door was a punk move by the white guy. passive aggressive and just weird. Especially if both had lived there for a while and this was a one off occurrence.

Playing the race card was uncalled for as well. It was an overreaction.

Both people overreacted.

3. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Amazing how both the black and brown minority turned this into a racial event. This is the end result of the left's narratives and policies. Whenever a minority is offended, it's automatically because of racist white men.

But, the silver lining? Sounds like the white guy is a progressive, based on his apology:

This kind of story shows how whites and blacks will never be able to peacefully coexist in society. Almost every previous generation of Americans knew this, but apparently the 1960's hippies and other radicals knew better?

4. Crcata

Crcata Banned

When you live in a apt complex you do have to accept to sme degree the walls are made of paper and that you are inevitably going to hear your neighbor at times. To what degree is another beast in itself but I can agree that both overreacted a bit. However, what has become so annoying is this double standard of what racism is. This black guy can say we white people talk without thinking and thats not racist, but any criticism from a white person is automatically racism. THAT is what is splitting our nations races the most. It is something neither I, nor most white people, will accept as reasonable or acceptable. It is just ridiculous.

5. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Correct, he should have just called the police.

6. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

This is a news story. That suggests its lack of frequency not its frequency. People of different races interact constantly and handle conflict without this dynamic. But they do not inform the media.

7. Map4

Map4 Well-Known Member

When we lived in an apartment the people above us complained to the manager that our stereo was too loud.
    The guy worked shift work and was trying to sleep.

We turned it down. Easy and end of story.

8. Crcata

Crcata Banned

I can agree with that. Actually that makes alot of sense.

However, that also applies to the amount of black people killed by cops. I mean...statistics already proved this, but nonetheless people seem to forget.

9. monkrules

monkrules Well-Known Member

When I first moved into my present city I moved into an apartment complex knowing there were quite a few black residents. Some were easy to get along with, some were not. But, as a group they were, by far, the loudest and most inconsiderate of all residents. In the future, I’ll never again choose to live close to black folks.

The recent riots, BoweL Movement members’ obnoxious beahvior, snowflakes’ ‘demands’ for safe spaces, etc., all have served to make blacks seem far less desirable as neighbors, co-workers, students, etc. BLM has probably set blacks back 50 years. I don’t know anyone who would want them as neighbors, given a choice.

10. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

This guys twitter feed is obsessed with his "blackness".
    Next time just call the police, and every time thereafter.

11. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

I think we are in danger of plopping all these 'bad' shootings into one cauldron depending on our bias or agenda. First we have to define what 'bad' is or is not. It can mean negligent or improper shooting. Or it can also include a shooting that is neither, but is without actual threat.

Sometimes a gun in the dark is gun in the dark, and there is no reasonable way for a cop to find out that is a cap gun in the hands of a fifteen year old. It is a bad 'shooting' because there was no bullet, no threat outside of the reasonable and predictable perception of the officer investigating a burglary, no matter how well trained the officer is.

But I think we are finding way too many of the other kind of 'bad' shooting's where we( the public) end up thinking that this tragedy should never have happened if only the cop had shown enough imagination to think of other possibilities, or other tactics to employ. MORE TRAINING in handling mentally ill, developmentally delayed, and yes deaf or confused suspects. With these shootings we know there had to be a better option than to shoot to kill. Cops can be too quick to use force and some cops have a previous history...

There is a subset of these, where race and profiling have to examined as a potential contributor to the quick trigger or use of force. Where we are right to question of a blond haired blue eyed 16 year old, would have been shot in the back as he was running away.

We can't put them all in the same cauldron.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we are in danger of plopping all these 'bad' shootings into one cauldron depending on our bias or agenda. First we have to define what 'bad' is or is not. It can mean negligent or improper shooting. Or it can also include a shooting that is neither, but is without actual threat.

Sometimes a gun in the dark is gun in the dark, and there is no reasonable way for a cop to find out that is a cap gun in the hands of a fifteen year old. It is a bad 'shooting' because there was no bullet, no threat outside of the reasonable and predictable perception of the officer investigating a burglary, no matter how well trained the officer is.

But I think we are finding way too many of the other kind of 'bad' shooting's where we( the public) end up thinking that this tragedy should never have happened if only the cop had shown enough imagination to think of other possibilities, or other tactics to employ. MORE TRAINING in handling mentally ill, developmentally delayed, and yes deaf or confused suspects. With these shootings we know there had to be a better option than to shoot to kill. Cops can be too quick to use force and some cops have a previous history...

There is a subset of these, where race and profiling have to examined as a potential contributor to the quick trigger or use of force. Where we are right to question of a blond haired blue eyed 16 year old, would have been shot in the back as he was running away.

We can't put them all in the same cauldron.

12. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

That Black dude is a damn idiot. No two ways.

They are both punks because they can't accept responsibility for their own insecurity. The white guy was too insecure to confront someone he had a problem with in person. That is just pitiful. What man could be proud to know he had to tape a note to the door? Nobody could raise their hand and say they were proud of that move.

The black guy can't admit he is wrong so rather it be about his disregard for others' lives, it's a race issue? He is a punk. I rarely resort to name calling, but in this situation it is what it is...

13. monkrules

monkrules Well-Known Member

I know other people who have had similar issues with black neighbors. Their best solution was to move, and not to live next to black people again. It's not worth the hassle.

14. arborville

arborville Well-Known Member

The people below me used to bang on their ceiling (our floor) to make their point when my 1 year old ran around the apartment, apparently disturbing them. It never became a racial incident. We moved to a house where she could run around as much as she wanted without disturbing neighbors. That was more than 20 years ago.