Westworld fans?

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by toddwv, Oct 19, 2016.

1. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have to admit, this show has me hooked. 3 episodes in and it is clear that it is HBO's next "Game of Thrones." A rich "universe" of operation, the hint of mystery, and a swath of character threads are pointing to Westworld as a entertainment powerhouse that will keep its viewers enthralled.

If you like shows geared towards adults and don't mind a mix of science fiction and the "spaghetti western," then Westworld is likely a good pick for you to watch.

Trailer (labeled as "mature"):
    [video=youtube;IuS5huqOND4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuS5huqOND4[/video][\center]​

2. Wrathful_Buddha

Wrathful_Buddha Well-Known Member

I'm loving this show so far. I can tell it's going to be one of those shows that I will watch from the beginning when it's all over because it's so deep and has so many layers. It's no wonder Hollywood isn't doing so well with quality television like this. Hollywood can't compete.

3. L_Ron_Paul

L_Ron_Paul Member

I love Ed Harris' character. You can tell he loves playing an evil bastard.

4. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Who doesn't, I'm told it's considered one of the most truly satisfying aspects of the acting profession, rivaling doing comedy.

5. Aleksander Ulyanov

When I first saw the movie I remember being intrigued despite myself, as I found the premise thin to the point of being unsupportable. This is even better in that respect, relying upon good actors (Anthony Hopkins is best) and a much more solid and intriguing story to override what you see as just impossible on too many levels. The plot in particular, utilizes the premise and the Western "setting" much better than did the movie, folding several stories, none (and all) of which seem the "real" one into a rich tapestry of twisted intrigues and conspiracies, all posing the ultimate Dickian question; "what is reality, papa?" in several different ways. I just hope they can keep it up.

6. Aleksander Ulyanov

One question to me is central right now. What is the huge earthmoving machinery we saw two episodes back?

7. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    `

Westworld; well written, well acted and well directed. After "GoT", another HBO triumph.

8. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

I love the show and like how it ended the season. Some cool surprises.
    Unfortunately like Game of Thrones, the seasons are too short.

9. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    It has aspects of the "Matrix" and "Morgan" (Kate Mara) woven through it and the subplots are intriguing.