Proof of how great a president Reagan was

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by Robert, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

Reagan left behind a record. President Bush ordered the record be declassified in 2008.

What an awesome president.

This directive is over the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

I posted page 1. Check the link for the other pages. (I posted the ending too)

http://fas.org/irp/offdocs/nsdd/nsdd-166.pdf

Signed Ronald Reagan

2. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Thank you Ronald Reagan for giving us 9/11.

3. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Actually it was President Clinton's failed policies why OBL declared war on America and would attack America on it's own soil on 9-11-01. Unfortuantly G.W. Bush inherited Clinton's failed policies. Same thing happened to Nixon when he inherited LBJ Vietnam failed policies.

But who was that liberal Democrat who got Congress to finance and arm the Mujahideen during the Reagan years ? That's right, Rep. Charlie Wilson (D)

4. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Thank you for agreeing that Reagan deserves zero credit for Afghanistan and invalidating your own OP for me.

5. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Read the book or at least watch the movie.

If you remember, back in the early 1970's the "New Left" had gained control of the Democrat party and basically surrendered and refused to fight the Cold War.

When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, President Carter and the Democrat's "New Left" strategy was not to participate in the Olympics. The Russian bear laughed so hard he pooped all over the place.

Reagan entered the picture in 1981 with two missions, rebuild the military that the left had turned into a hollow force and to take on the Soviet Union and winning the Cold War.

The Soviet war in Afghanistan would be one of the last battles to be fought during the Cold War.

side note:
    (The Vietnam War was just one battle of the Cold War.)

Now Reagan went to Congress to get appropriations to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan but to many Democrats had already surrendered to communist expansion. So the cocaine sniffing and sexual groping liberal Democrat, Rep. Charlie Wilson enters the picture and convinced enough liberals to give Reagan the money he needed to fight and win the Cold War.

6. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

You don't usually say (*)(*)(*)(*) this stupid. This is a rarity.

7. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Arming the Muj was the beginning of the chain of events that led to 9/11.

8. ArmySoldier

The cold war led to arming the Muj that set the chain of events to 9/11. You just got drunk and decided to post a stupid comment about Reagen "giving" us 9/11. Actually, I'm not even going to get into it. I know you just got wasted, and got all emotional and decided to post that.

Sober up. Go find a 68W with an IV.

9. Questerr

Questerr Banned

We didn't have to arm the Muj. No one forced us to. Afghanistan had zero real value and no regime the Soviets could have put in place could have lasted very long anyways.

We should have stayed out of it.

10. ArmySoldier

No one forced us to be in the cold war. Chain of events are chain of events. It's no one single person's fault. Arming Muj was not the beginning of the problem. It started with geopolitics against the Soviet Union.

Once again, go take your drunk butt over to SC and have that cute SPC put an IV in you. lol "Reagan giving us 9/11".

11. Questerr

Questerr Banned

So just to be clear, I should never see you saying that Obama is responsible for ISIS because a chain of events led to ISIS's creation, right?

12. ArmySoldier

Yes. I too have said stupid (*)(*)(*)(*) blaming Obama solely responsible for ISIS. But I sobered up. We both know that many factors equate to ISIS. Many not even involving the US.

13. Questerr

Questerr Banned

That's fair. I'll admit my statement about Reagan and 9/11 is comically simplistic, but you can't praise Reagan for arming the Muj (like in the OP) without acknowledging how that ended up being a massive (*)(*)(*)(*)ing mistake in retrospect.

14. ArmySoldier

Arming the Muj was one major area I disagreed with Reagan. That and immigration. That's not the first time arming people has backfired on us. It won't be our last, apparently.