Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheCandidate2020, Oct 24, 2016.

1. TheCandidate2020

TheCandidate2020 New Member Past Donor

I'm new to the forum thing, so please forgive me if this is a somewhat awkward introduction.

I actually became a member to talk about a new political show I'm involved with. I know about the rules regarding advertising, so I'll let the moderators give me a thumbs up or down if I'm allowed to post a link to the site. In a nutshell, we're searching for potential write-in candidates to run in the 2020 election for President of the United States. The site is already up, legal is done, and it's currently being shopped around major production companies. Our goal is to change the way we select future candidates and if we get a strong enough following, I believe we can restructure the American political system so we never have another election like the current one.

I'll save the rest of the details for other forums if it's allowed - so for now, hi to everyone and I look forward to having some interesting discussions on here.

2. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

Welcome! An interesting idea. Write in campaigns are becoming viable. Uniparty candidates have been the norm for decades until this election. Clinton vs Bush would have been the ideal ticket for your new show. Good luck

3. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wait, you're telling me being super rich, and being able to get away with serious crimes isn't the best way to select a President?

4. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good luck with that. It's apparent we need to change the the way mass media chooses our candidates.

5. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

Write in campaigns are now easier to organize, and they have been working.

“Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski has won her reelection bid, staging a successful write-in candidacy” http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/senate/murkowski-wins-reelection.html

6. AFM

AFM Well-Known Member Past Donor

Welcome, I have an inkling that if a concerted effort had been made to support a national "write in" candidate for the Presidential Election next month it would have been successful. The problem might be finding an acceptable candidate for the moderate R's and the Blue Dog D's. My guess is that ~ 60% of the electorate might vote for that middle of the road candidate.

7. TheCandidate2020

Thank you, however I personally don't think there has ever been a better time for the show than now. Everyone has been so polarized by the two candidates we have running that they vehemently defend the one they dislike less. While I feel like Trump is probably the lesser of two evils - based mostly on the fact that we're less likely to get into another war, he's still proven himself to be a liar (though still less than Clinton). That being said, I think both candidates are sociopaths at best, and Clinton is probably leaning more towards being a psychopath. Both of their track records have proven that they don't care enough about others to do the right thing when they have the opportunity to, so IMHO, that makes them both totally unelectable to me. If we can find a future candidate to be on our show that is honest and intelligent enough to lead this country (which out of 320 million people is a statistical lock), then we can avoid ever having another election like this one again. A career politician doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell running against someone that has been directly chosen and vetted, then intimately followed by millions of American voters. And since I was rude and didn't thank you in the beginning - thanks for taking the time to say hello and wish us luck on the show!

8. TheCandidate2020

LOL, right? All I know is that we can do better - and I don't think anyone can disagree with that sentiment. Now I just have to get our name out there before we get shut down by the media lapdogs and lobbyists that stand to lose quite a bit if our show gets traction. If you like the idea, all I ask is that you PM me for a link to our site and help spread the good word! We've got links to our social media pages on there and we need people sharing them if we're going to see this succeed.

9. TheCandidate2020

Thanks brother! I have all the faith in the world that this can change the system if we can just get wheels on it. Please check out and share the site if you believe in what we're doing. I have the link on my PoliticalForum.com profile. And thanks for the well wishes!

10. TheCandidate2020

Thanks for the link, I wasn't aware of that. Definitely good news! I think what we're seeing is the end of the old regime - a last dying breath from a system that has been corrupted for quite some time now. I don't see it being an easy transition since the people currently in charge won't want to give up their control, but with the power of social media and a motivated American public, I don't see how they're going to shift the tide. Thanks to this debacle of an election, momentum is on our side!

11. TheCandidate2020

Hi, and thanks for your reply! Yeah, unfortunately the show wasn't created in time. It was the madness of this election that spawned the creation of "The Candidate 2020". If we can survive the next 4 years then I have no doubt that better options will be available for the public to vote for. We've allowed ourselves to be manipulated and divided by social issues, and while they're important, they are not nearly as critical as the survival of this country. Something that doesn't get discussed in the 2-party debates. The corruption that pervades our current system is a cancer that needs to be destroyed, and as long as there are lobbyists paying off our politicians, this will never end. My belief is that once we find the best candidates this country has to offer, the 2020 election will be a lock for a write-in; providing we're able to get the traction the show needs to go viral. Career politicians won't be able to compete against someone that has been chosen, vetted and intimately followed by the public for several years prior to the next election.

12. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

If Trump loses momentum will on the side of a more radical populist. If Trump wins the American political establishment will be able to examine its colon without a scope.

Michael Moore explains the new politics 101 for the DP/RP elites that are desperate to stop Trump:

“From Green Bay to Pittsburgh, this, my friends, is the middle of England – broken, depressed, struggling, the smokestacks strewn across the countryside with the carcass of what we use to call the Middle Class. Angry, embittered working (and nonworking) people who were lied to by the trickle-down of Reagan and abandoned by Democrats who still try to talk a good line but are really just looking forward to rub one out with a lobbyist from Goldman Sachs who’ll write them nice big check before leaving the room. What happened in the UK with Brexit is going to happen here. Elmer Gantry shows up looking like Boris Johnson and just says whatever (*)(*)(*)(*) he can make up to convince the masses that this is their chance! To stick to ALL of them, all who wrecked their American Dream! And now The Outsider, Donald Trump, has arrived to clean house! You don’t have to agree with him! You don’t even have to like him! He is your personal Molotov cocktail to throw right into the center of the bastards who did this to you! SEND A MESSAGE! TRUMP IS YOUR MESSENGER!” Michael Moore, 5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win, 10/23/16.

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-moore/5-reasons-why-trump-will-_b_11156794.html