New Pro-Life Title.

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by tecoyah, Oct 28, 2016.

1. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

As it seems very clear that those who claim the pro life moniker have no interest in said life once it exits the womb...I propose we no longer use said terminology.

It is now Pro-Birth.
    14717076_10154174539606731_6418639832322848022_n.jpg

2. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

I prefer to call it Anti-Choice since it's aimed more at restricting and controlling women than it's ever been about the BAAAAAAYBIES!

3. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

Ill take it further, they are pro-white-American-forced-birth.

4. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

I'm still calling myself pro life.

5. FoxHastings

Go ahead....what "life " are you "pro" ....everyone's???

6. Fugazi

Great I look forward to seeing your posts against war, execution, self-defence and gun ownership.

7. Maccabee

I'm pro innocent life. BTW, you guys (pro abortionists) used to call us anti abortionists. But now I'm hearing you guys aren't "pro abortion" but instead "pro choice." What changed?

8. Maccabee

As I said, I'm pro innocent life. Actually I'm pro life in general. Even in self defense, the death penalty, and war I want it to be the absolute last resort. I won't get giddy to kill someone if they break into my house. I won't call for the death penalty until its proven beyond a shadow of a doubt the suspect is guilty. And I won't call for war unless us or our allies are attacked unprovoked.

9. Fugazi

Problem is the foetus is not innocent.

10. Maccabee

Oh, what felonies did you break when you were inside your mom?

11. FoxHastings

Now we're Pro-Choice?
    You should actually try to learn something about a topic you comment on....the term Pro-Choice has been around for about 40 years....where have YOU been ??
    Try to catch up...

It's stupid to call Pro-Choicers pro-abortion since they aren't pro-abortion, they are pro-choice.....see, there's two options and that gives women a choice.

If we were only for abortion that isn't a choice. Now go to the dictionary and look up the word choice, it might help with your obvious confusion...

and who are YOU to decide what life is innocent ? and why that would innocence make it special even if it were true ?

12. Fugazi

None as I had consent to be there.

13. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

I agree. The term pro-life is not an accurate descriptor for many of the folks who are anti-abortion. At least on it's own.

If you wanted to do one of those asterick things, like Pro-Life*

and then always have a note at the bottom that says something like "Many restrictions and conditions will apply".

But that just seems like a lot of extra work.

Pro-birth sounds easier and better. It doesn't have the noble title like PRO-LIFE* does, but it's much more accurate.

* - Many restrictions and conditions will apply

14. Junkieturtle

Nothing. It was always pro-choice because it's always been about the decision being the mother's. Pro-choice is not an outcome based position, like pro-birth is. Pro-choice is pro-rights, pro-mother, pro-CHOICE.

For example, a pro-choicer has no problem with a mother choosing to give birth. That situation satisfies a pro-choice position because it was the mother's choice.

On the flip side, pro-birthers are only happy with one single outcome. Theirs.

15. Maccabee

My complaint is you guys calling us anti abortion for a good while. Logic dictates if there's two opposing views of the same topic, one being called pro and the other anti then it stands to reason that they'll share the same name. Therefore if we're anti abortion then aren't you guys pro abortion?

Ditto. As for me I'm just basing my definition on current law and the dictionary. To be innocent means you didn't commit a crime and in this case a crime worthy of the death penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh what?

- - - Updated - - -

Then why did you guys called us anti abortion?

16. FoxHastings

Good lord....Pro-Choice is called Pro-CHOICE because we want women to have a CHOICE . OBVIOUSLY you haven't looked that word up yet.

YOU and other Anti-Abortion people are against abortion so YOU are called Anti-Abortion, although I call you Anti-Choice because you are against women having a choice.

I am NOT FOR or PRO abortion.....I am FOR CHOICE.....look up the word CHOICE in the dictionary.....you still have no idea what it means....:roll:

17. Junkieturtle

Isn't that the end goal? If it isn't, what is the goal, that does not include a total or near-total ban on abortion?

18. clg311

clg311 Well-Known Member

"In a triumph of investigative journalism, the BBC has released a Report, “China’s forbidden babies still an issue,” confirming that under the Two-Child Policy, forced abortion remains a threat for women pregnant with a third child.

In this Report, John Sudworth, the BBC’s Beijing Correspondent, interviews the father of a family in hiding because his wife has just given birth to their third child. The Report describes the man as “anxious and on edge, but still determined to tell his story.” The father told the BBC, “A third baby is not allowed, so we are renting a home away from our village. The local government carries out pregnancy examinations every three months. If we weren’t in hiding, they would have forced us to have an abortion.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/11/02/chinese-family-hides-to-escape-forced-abortion-of-third-child/

So much for choice.

19. RandomObserver

RandomObserver Active Member

If I recall correctly, in the sixties abortion was seldom mentioned in literature or film (and even then the references were usually oblique to "protect the general public" from knowing what happens in the real world).

In the seventies, the people I knew who were against abortion held that opinion for religious reasons and proudly called themselves anti-abortion. This may have been a regional phenomenon (I grew up in North Carolina which is part of the Bible Belt).

I believe it was in the eighties when I realized people were calling the movement "pro-life" (because they thought it created a more positive impression on the general public) and groups like Operation Rescue were getting organized (I was in upstate New York during that period).

In the nineties I noticed that most of the pro-life groups were avoiding the religious justification and embracing bumper-sticker logic (I assume that was to avoid making it a religious issue in a country where we all have freedom of religion). I was not involved in pro-life activities at that time, so I can only guess about that.

I don't mind calling you pro-life as long as we all understand that is just a label to identify which side of the fence you occupy. I think the terminology war is more directed at pro-life advocates who post generalizations like "all life is sacred" (after a day of consuming beef, pork, chicken, etc)... or pro-life groups who spend time, energy, and money trying to keep women from getting an abortion (but will not spend a penny to help the women who decided to take their advice and have a birth).

20. FoxHastings

Yes, it IS terrible when women are denied CHOICE....glad you agree...aren't you glad this country protects women's reproductive rights???

21. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

Calling an embryo innocent is as meaningless as calling a tree innocent. Though the concept of innocent life in general seems silly to me. Morality is a matter of the ability to resist destructive temptations. Babies are not more moral than adults because they're naive, they are more amoral. And mindless things like trees and embryos are completely amoral.

22. Fugazi

You asked me "what felonies did you break when you were inside your mom?", I replied none, I had consent to be there, had I not had consent from my mother to be there then I would have been committing the felony of serious bodily harm .. of course I couldn't be arrested, charged and prosecuted for that crime because I didn't have the mens rea (guilty mind, intent) to do it .. however my mental capacity at that time has absolutely zero bearing on the right of my mother to defend herself against the injuries I was imposing onto her had she not consented to them.

23. Fugazi

What has the above got to do with the US, are you trying to suggest that their are forced abortions in the US for women who have more than two children .. I'd love to see the evidence for that please.

24. RandomObserver

RandomObserver Active Member

That is inevitable if we vote to let the government control pregnancy. You cannot get the majority to agree that abortion is ALWAYS wrong, so a vote to maintain government control of abortion says we believe the government is so wise and just that we should override the decisions of the woman (or couple) and put it in the hands of the wise and just government. Once you give the government that mandate, what do you think will happen when we demand that the government must balance the books? Do you think somebody in charge might realize it is more cost effective to force a woman to have an abortion when she (or even she and her husband) cannot afford to raise a new child?

This is why we should all vote to keep the decision in the hands of the pregnant woman (and not in the hands of the government).

25. clg311

clg311 Well-Known Member

So you're OK with a women choosing abortion if it's the wrong sex?