The truth about slavery

Discussion in 'Human Rights' started by Mike12, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Mike12

Mike12 Well-Known Member

You know, its' amazing how liberals have brainwashed people into believing slavery started with Europeans, who went to Africa, captured Africans as if they were animals, shipped them to America and enlsaved them. ALL LIES... When idiots like Colin Kapernick get on his knee and talks about the history of slavery in US, he shows us he knows little about history, history he should know as a black man.

The truth - Slavery has been around for thousands of years, from before roman empire, to roman empire to a few hundred years ago. Slavery has been color blind - black on black, white on white, white on black, black on white, arab on arab etc... As it relates to slaves in America, it was African tribal chiefs who sold black slaves to Europeans or traded them for other goods (barter). Yes, blacks in African had black slaves, they enslaved blacks when they didn't pay debts, they made criminals slaves and even parents offered black slaves to black tribal chiefs as an offer. African black tribal chiefs and others with influence were the ones who started black slavery and they, at one point, had more black slaves than europeans and other whites had. It was the african tribal chiefs that sold their own race and their own slaves to whites, for money and goods.

So the next time Colin Kapernick and other idiots start blaming whites, they really are ignorants. Blacks should blame African BLACK tribal chiefs for selling their own as slaves and starting black slavery around the world. YES, believe it because it's true - Africans started black slavery in America. For those who don't believe me, simply do your research.

2. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

Very true. European could not penetrate into Africa for very long or very far. The reason was malaria and other tropical diseases. The sailing ships were on a time table to catch the best winds for the year. The ideal voyage for a slave ship was a quick trip to the West African coast. They would buy the slaves from Blacks on offshore islands, then take off before the hurricane season. The only things they wanted besides the slaves were fresh food and water and as little time spent in Africa as possible.

3. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

So??

How does this mitigate or change in one iota the horrors of the Triangular Trade or the nature of American slavery as it existed from 1810 to 1865?

4. Gaius_Marius

Gaius_Marius Well-Known Member Past Donor

It also completely ignores the Papal bulls sanctioning slavery of infidels. Racism and bigotry in slavery came with religion. Very different from ancient slavery.
    What is this American obsession with rewriting history to excuse themselves?

5. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

You're trying to change the narrative. The fact is that Blacks were completely complicit in the slave trade and benefited from it. For the America's and European involvement in it, the trade would not have occurred without Black involvement and approval. Besides it was Whites who largely ended slavery. The lesson is be more grateful.

6. Pycckia

Pycckia Well-Known Member

It spreads the guilt.

7. Mike12

Mike12 Well-Known Member

exactly...

8. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

To claim that Blacks were totally responsible for their own existence as slaves is absurd. It is true that certain African tribes did capture people from other tribes and sell them to the slavers. Why? Because they had a market with the slavers . ,Why were there White slavers? Because they had a market, the White plantations owners. If Black Africans did not help the slavers get slaves to market the White slavers would figure out away to get the slaves themselves.

To say that Whites ended slavery is as stupid as saying that the Germans ended WWII. Of course the Germans ended WWII they did it by losing the war. Yes we all know about the abolitionists.

Remember that the plantation owners were White. Oh yes you can bring up the minute, small, infinitesimal number of Blacks who owned a smal, tiny, infinitesimal number of slaves. I honestly am not convinced that even thatvwas true but Ibwill accept a small, tiny, little, infinitesimal amount.

9. PARTIZAN1

It,s a sick attempt to shift the blame. It almost like blaming all women who get raped or groped by Trump fir getting raped or groped.

10. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

Wow 50 years not even a blink in history. Besides slaves were brought here before the US existed and white people had been slaves since the dawn of time . Heck since you have to work 4 or 5 months out of the year to pay your taxes we are all slaves.

11. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 New Member

Well, yeah. Nobody really educated thinks that slavery is white people's fault; it's a terrible thing, but white people are no more guilty of it than any other race. One does have to be careful about overcompensating, though; slavery was still horrific, even if it was no one race's fault in particular, and racism remains an ongoing problem in modern America, even if it isn't the problem.

12. ChristopherABrown

ChristopherABrown Well-Known Member

Within revisionist history, it's all erroneous related to the actual past of American history.

The fact that civil war history scholars are mystified at why the civil war was so nasty underlines this.

13. PARTIZAN1

It is obvious from your childish quip about paying taxes as being slavery that you do not understand what slavery is.

You also have no command of history. Slavery existed much longer in the Americas than 50 years because if you knew our history you woukd know that during the times our founding fathers were working out the compromises to get a liable Constitution there was negotiation between the slave holding holding states and the non slaves holding states. So slavery existed long before 1810.

All societies had some form of slavery be they White, Black, Yellow, Red, or Purple. That dies not justify slavery.

14. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

In the Americas yes before Columbus ever set sail. I never said slavery was just. I said the same as you its been around forever so I guess you have no sense of history or you lack reading comprehension . Im simply pointing out that this is not a problem started by or unique to the US and Im tired of everyone making it seem like thats so

Also when you have to work for free thats slavery of a gentler sort. Dont pay your taxes and see where it gets you

15. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

Most of the slave owners were White. There were also Black and Indian slave owners.

16. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

You mean most of the slave owners in the US were white, I venture most were black in Africa.

17. Mike12

Mike12 Well-Known Member

you need to do more research.

The problem i have is the notion that whites went to Africa and captured blacks just as people herd and capture animals. The reality is that there were MANY black slaves which were owned by black people in Africa. For you to say it was 'tiny' is denouncing truths and facts. African tribal chiefs had MANY slaves, MANY MANY... and THEY were the ones that sold and traded slaves for money and goods. An argument can be made that without these African leaders advertising the usefulness of black slaves and offering them for goods and money, black slavery in America may have never come to be.

Blacks owned black slaves WELL before Europeans sailed into Africa, it was the African people who were directly responsible for marketing their own as slaves and using them for profit. It can be argued that the African people were directly responsible for black slavery in America.

i bet 99.9% of the African Americans know nothing about this.

18. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

You haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about. Not even a clue. By what means would White's acquire slaves if it wasn't for the Blacks themselves, especially on the West coast of Africa? American Airlines? Do tell. You're dealing with square rigged sailing ships, that are wind dependent and you're on a time table. Stay one day longer than necessary and the crew starts to die. Leave at the wrong time and you hit the doldrums and you die. Leave too late and you hit the storm season with the winds pushing you to Brazil, where slaves are sold cut rate. You can't make it to North America. Therefore the slaves were there and waiting for you to load, all courtesy of their Black brothers and sisters.
    And yes, Blacks did own slaves, often in numbers. The Creole culture of New Orleans and NW La. followed their own Black Code laws where manumission was common. Subsequently these freemen bought and owned slaves. It was more than a few. Of course you didn't know any of this. You just bought into the BS liberal narrative.
    BTW Whites did end slavery PERIOD. Not even debatable.

19. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member Past Donor

Mike...you ought not to be calling other people "ignorant."

Here's what you wrote:

When idiots like Colin Kapernick get on his knee and talks about the history of slavery in US, he shows us he knows little about history, history he should know as a black man.

One CAN talk about the history of slavery in the United States...and to protest THAT slavery...without regard to the fact that slavery existed back in the Bronze Age.

You do realize that...don't you?

20. Mackithius

Mackithius Well-Known Member

While this is very true. I Agree with the other sentiments here - this does not absolve those societies that practiced it.

21. Mike12

Mike12 Well-Known Member

don't twist arguments, you and i both know that 99.9% of blacks who protest slavery do it with the intention to not just merely condemn slavery throughout time, but they do it with a black/white racist agenda to it. You know it, i know it. This is not a genuine protest against slavery, they make it a white vs black issue and this is what needs to be openly discussed and understood, that black were, in many ways, more responsible for black slavery in America that whites. The anger and resentment whites face from many of these progressive black activists is due to ignorance of how black slavery came to be.

I would totally support any protest against 'slavery' when it's color blind (slavery in general) but when these idiots make it a white vs black issue, condemning whites, i do have an issue because they are ignoring history and not wanting look in the mirror and admit their own race played a big part. got it?

22. Scamp

Scamp Banned

There is slavery today, mostly in Africa and Asia.

23. QLB

QLB Well-Known Member

I meant in the civilized world and particularly in the US.

24. Mike12

Mike12 Well-Known Member

of course not but this is mostly an argument about the origins and who is to blame for black slaves in America. The resentment towards whites and the misinformation out there about how slavery started, is unfortunate. My point his slavery is a sad chapter but it should be color blind, not a white vs black issue where whites are blamed for everything about slavery...

25. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member Past Donor

You mentioned Kaepernick protesting slavery in the United States.

I responded to that.

As for that 99.9%, I have to inform you that 87.3% of all statistics of that sort are made up right on the spot.

I protest slavery also.

I can understand that blacks might highlight the slavery of blacks by whites in the United States...as can anyone with any sense of decency.

Ahhh, you have graduated from "ignorance" to "idiocy" in your slurs.

A step down...but not unexpected.