Trolls Are Making a Legitimate Comeback — In Fashion

Discussion in 'History and Culture' started by Guyzilla, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Guyzilla

Guyzilla Well-Known Member Past Donor

We’re not trolling you (also, we can’t resist a bad pun). Those neon-haired troll dolls that were ubiquitous in the 1990s are back with a creepy/adorable vengeance — and just in time for Halloween.

Actually, it’s the forthcoming November 4, 2016 release of DreamWorks’ new kid film ‘Trolls’ that has inspired the resurgence of these little goblins. The fact that their influence is now extending into the fashion world, though, is kind of ironic — considering the dolls were, essentially, naked.

Regardless, troll dolls are the official muses for several new and upcoming lines of clothing and accessories by major designers and retailers. One of those designers is Betsey Johnson, who decided to collaborate with DreamWorks to create a line of trolls-inspired accessories, the Betsey Johnson xox “Trolls” collection, sold exclusively at Macy’s.
    https://www.yahoo.com/style/trolls-are-making-a-legitimate-comeback-in-fashion-211125455.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    AS IF I needed anyone to tell me I am a fashionplate. Don't hate me cuz Im beautiful. I may have to revert to the CLASSIC troll, after the beatdown. But ORANGE you glad someone is honest enough to admit they are here to gore YOUR ox?