Renewed hope

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Left Of Genghis Khan, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Left Of Genghis Khan

Left Of Genghis Khan New Member

Greetings fellow Americans. After suffering through 8 loong years of liberal agony, the recent turn of events has given me new hope, and with it a desire to become more involved now that I truly see a future for me, my family, friends, and all Americans. A hope for a dramatically reduced centralized government, greater local/state rule, and a return to Constitutional law. As what many would stereotype as an ultra right-wing, evangelical, “Just Left of Genghis Kahn” conservative, I now truly am looking forward to a new chapter in our great country’s history. May God bless American again.

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

Most great nations go through a period of liberal insanity; thankfully yours has ended and so has ours, and a new beginning awaits us. Doesn't mean there aren't some ancillary social problems to be sorted though. We've been dumbed down for so long it might take a while to recover from it.

3. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

Pick some active threads and start posting. A significant, let alone "dramatically reduced" central government is an unlikely, 'believe it when you see it', thing. The corrupt bipartisan political class still controls Congress and it will fight very hard to keep expanding the size power and cost of its loot machine - the USG bureaucracy. Term limits would remove most of the entrenched obstacles - see McConnell on term limits. Welcome to the forum. Good luck

4. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Welcome aboard.

5. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Right, Don has just removed the threat of an American-Russian nuclear holocaust after 70 years of suspicion and mistrust and he's only been President for 5 minutes, what a man..:)

6. Left Of Genghis Khan

Left Of Genghis Khan New Member

Maybe, we'll see how that pans out and I'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Personally I do not think nukes are an issue with Russia, they know a scorched earth on both parties (because that's what it would be) is not beneficial to their interests. Different issue with Korea, radical Muslims etc., but you didn't mention them.

More importantly, he's given me hope that there is the possibility of saving America from the spreading disease of liberalism and progressivism....which is a far more immediate danger to my family, to me and to my country than anything else on the planet.

7. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

I wanted to, but as this is the New Member introductions thread i thought I'd better keep it lightweight and jolly!
    Believe me, I regularly roast them out in the main forums..;)

8. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

[​IMG] One of the headlines in the BBC news this morning (apropos the election) asks 'Is this the end for liberal democracy?' Um, we can only hope so! :mrgreen:

9. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

Shalom and welcome to the forum. :)