Forced to deal with it

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by CrazyAl, Nov 11, 2016.

1. CrazyAl

CrazyAl New Member

Saying as little as I can about how I am forced to deal with this issue I do not believe that gay relationships or marriage is good for society or the family. You will have to prove to me how it is a natural biological function.
    The US is all about liberty. The problem is I think bisexuality is more prevalent than people will admit and as you make people more comfortable with it, the more prevalent it becomes. Its not a religious or even a morality issue.
    At some point in time we decide our sexuality and stick with it. I don't think it is a choice for everyone, but for some it is a choice made out of weakness and just because they have liberty.. I'm not going into that one.

2. ProgressivePatriot

ProgressivePatriot Well-Known Member

What the hell are you blathering about?

Prove to me that your relationship , if you have one, is good for society, Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's the crux with freedom and liberty, you either believe in it for all or you believe in it for none.

Forcing people to behave like heterosexuals benifit no one. Marriages based on a lie and a life that remains unfulfilled, that doesn't seem like it would equate to the pursuit of happiness.

Look at the countries that "ban" outward homosexual expression, they are not doing well in the realm of family - if you believe in that model of society then you do not believe in the basic principles of the United States.

4. Polydectes

Polydectes Well-Known Member

So what?
    No I won't. I don't really care what you think.
    I'd agree with this, there are more poeple that identify as hetersexual who are really bisexual.
    How do you know?

I don't see what difference that would make.
    So you think people choose to be hetersexual or homosexual because they are allowed to? I don't buy that.

5. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

No. People just have to take you to court, if or when you screw with their rights.

No, there are other things like "justice" to note.

So what, are you a scientist studying human sexuality? Are you interested in hooking up with a bi-sexual person? What?!

Well... that depends upon who you talk to. (Exactly why I don't want government infused with 'religion'.)

That comment = BOTH ignorance and arrogance. (In short, it's very STUPID to say that.)

I think you need to stay away from commenting on this at all... except where it concerns your own sex life.

Get real man.

6. crank

crank Well-Known Member

Plenty of countries informally 'ban' homosexuality. And you will find, if you do even a small amount of research, that such have lower divorce rates, and lower rates of teen problems like drugs, alcohol abuse, pregnancy, depression, suicide, etc. No, not because there are no gays (because of course there are), but because any society which employs social pressure to conformity will usually have less of the aforementioned social problems. In such societies, there is merely social pressure away from homosexuality. It's not 'repressed', it simply ... isn't. It's not addressed at all, one way or the other. No one is actually told not to do it, it's just never presented as a viable option.

7. crank

crank Well-Known Member

I think there is merit to this idea, Poly.

I know a couple of guys who, had they been born in the west (instead of NE Asia) to liberal parents (instead of conservative parents) would almost certainly be gay today. Flaming gay, too. Raving queens. What I'm trying to say is that they're both rather .... ahem ... effeminate. Had they been raised here, their western parents might have assumed they were gay, and acted accordingly. Ditto friends, and possibly teachers and doctors. By the time they reached puberty it would have been a done deal ... with all that external validation. However, in their country of birth, effeminacy in men isn't regarded as a sexual thing - it's regarded as sensitivity, or intelligence, or any one of a range of non-sexual character traits. They just don't connect effeminacy to adult sexuality at all.

Anyway, both these guys are married (to women of their own ethnicity) with kids, and very enthusiastically married for in excess of 20 years a piece.

8. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

Can you name some of these enlightened countries?

9. Polydectes

I know there is not, at least not for everyone. I am homosexual, I tried not to be. It's not something I just decided.

I don't really place much merit in speculation.

Especially speculation based on non sexual behaviors.

Your speculation is based on a perceived stereotype. And not at all on sexual attraction.

I see this as more of a joke than an actual concept did you mean it that way?

So you are being serious? Because they like interior decorating or something they are gay?

I hope you aren't serious because that is a hilarious joke.

10. VaccinatorMedic

VaccinatorMedic New Member

Who cares what you stick your penis in? It dosen't really affect you beyond seeing more gay PDA.

11. cd8ed

Too many people care unfortunately.
    I would estimate 80%+ of all threads on pf regarding homosexuality, especially msm intercourse, are created by the anti-gay crowd.

12. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

The growing number of people of bisexual history blows away the "born this way" claim.

13. cd8ed

What do you mean? What is "bisexual history"?
    How so?

14. Polydectes

A straight guy that experimented with a frat bro in college. A gay guy that tried women out. A straight woman that kissed a girl and liked it. A lesbian woman who messed with a guy when she was drunk.

I don't know if it was born or bred in my case, I don't remember having proclivities that young. All I know is that when I came of age where boys start getting interested in girls i wasn't. I liked boys. It caused me a lot of shame and if I could have I would have chosen to be straight at that moment. I tried for years to be straight.
    I found nothing but misery and self loathing.

It wasn't a choice for me, if it was I would have been straight.

15. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

No, we don't. This requirement that something has to be biologically natural is a concept you're just making up and is entirely subjective and arbitrary.

Nobody chooses their sexuality. Not straight folks, not gay folks. You might choose the actions you take involving your sexuality, but that's not the same thing at all.

Homosexuality is not a threat to family or morality. The folks who insist it is have never once been able to explain it in a rational objective way. With obvious exceptions like marrying a serial killer or a violent drug dealer or something, families are not really about who you love and everything about how you love. Two same-sex individuals can create a loving home just the same as two hetero individuals. They can have the same lives, enjoy the same things, do the same things, create the same bonds, etc etc.

16. JakeJ

People who have had sex with others of both sexes.

17. cd8ed

Yeh, I know what bisexual means, I just don't understand it in the context used.

As I read it, it sounded like you were saying being bisexual and / or gay was chosen because more people are identifying as bisexual now that they are not beaten in the streets or arrested for it.

Think about that for a minute, if someone is attracted to both sexes - one they could pursue easily, the other gets you potentially murdered - they are not going to acknowledge one, even if they are doing in secret.

I don't know personally how my orientation happened, it just did - no thought involved. Science can also not pinpoint the cause and are bouncing between genetics, hormonal factors, and environmental factors. No mainstream medical orginization has come to the conclusion that orientation is chosen.

To act like attraction is chosen because it is suddenly ok to be who you really are is disingenuous.

18. JakeJ

A person is attracted to who to have a relationship or sex with for whatever reasons the person does. There is nothing to show that a person is born gay, straight or bi. That claim is offensive as it equates human relationships and sexuality to being no different than that of a fruit fly in freedom and equates being gay to a birth defect.

I have known too many people who changed who they were having a relationship with including which sex too many times to believe it is a born trait. The excuse/explanation given is "oh the person really was always gay" if the shift is from a heterosexual to homosexual relationship, with the excuse/explanation given of "oh the person really was always bisexual" if shifting from a same sex relationship to opposite sex relationship. It's just nonsense, pointless and not necessary.

It also is a false comparison. If a person is attracted to another person who happens to be blonde it would be absurd to argue the person was born to be attracted to blondes." However, it is also nonsense to claim a person has a choice of who the person is attracted to. It is not a born trait nor is attraction a calculated trait. Rather, it just is what it is for whatever reason that is: "The voodoo that makes desire and/or love."

I don't like lima beans. That doesn't mean I was born to not like lima beans. I could chose to eat lima beans, but I don't like lima beans. Yes, it is a choice. But not a choice of what I like nor is a born-trait dislike. I just don't like lima beans for whatever reason that is. I used to really not like olives - greatly. But after a Martini I came to like olives - quite a bit. Was that a "choice?" A "born trait?" The answer it is neither. It just is what it is for whatever reasons, if any reason at all.

Again, I know too many people who were vehement that she/he was born gay - and down the road they are in a sexual and romantic relationship with someone of the opposite sex.

There is no reason or need to give any rationalization, justification or excuse. It is simply a matter of personal freedom. You don't need the rationalization of you were born the way you are. In my opinion, it is self degrading to make such a self declaration as it is to claim you are mindless.

19. Polydectes

I think the fact that there are gay people is an indication that it isn't a choice.

Who in their right mind would choose to be gay?

20. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

You are not "FORCED" to deal with this....you have decided you want to. No one is pushing any form of sexuality upon you at all, it seems instead that you are simply someone who feels the lives of stranger should be your business and thus your problem because you make it one.

21. cd8ed

I agree completely

The people that can change orientation are bisexual and the attraction they feel still persists, they just choose to act one it. I have met very few people who are completely straight or completely heterosexual, orinetaion is a bell curve on a scale.

I agree, from what I have read and it seems sound logically, individuals are born with markers - not orientation - the markers influence pheromone receivers, ultimately the environment may have a large influence on the outcome for some and almost none for others.

22. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

The tax breaks and governmental entitlements of marriage aren't needed to exercise any "liberty" and withholding tax breaks and governmental entitlements isn't forcing people to behave in any way.

23. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

Yeah, their decision to identify as a homosexual was merely a choice.

24. cd8ed

I can choose to identify as an airplane. Doesn't make it true.
    Who someone is attracted to is not a choice, I would rather have people being honest to themselves than living a miserable lie.

- - - Updated - - -

I can choose to identify as an airplane. Doesn't make it true.
    Who someone is attracted to is not a choice, I would rather have people being honest to themselves than living a miserable lie.

25. cd8ed

That's why the government should not be involved in marriage. We wouldn't be having this issue.