Britain set for new wave of prefabs to help tackle housing crisis

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by cerberus, Nov 18, 2016.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

There is not a housing crisis, there is an IQ crisis. Too many dumb people

3. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

4. cerberus

Bet you wouldn't want to live in one though. Then again, some 'trailer parks' are well laid out, and the trailers themselves insulated with the latest materials, so I guess prefabs aren't what they used to be viz. upright surfaces made of cement-based materials, and no insulated roof space. I guess it all depends upon future government expenditure.

5. Fugazi

I'd have zero issues with living in one.

6. cerberus

It'd cost you an arm and a leg for heating though! I bet it would be like living in a fridge in the winter.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd cost you an arm and a leg for heating though! I bet it would be like living in a fridge in the winter.

7. Fugazi

Not at all, they are extremely good at retaining heat. - http://www.recyclingpoint.info/byfusion-launches-recycled-plastic-bricks/?lang=en or http://www.byfusion.com/

They are also more flexible than traditional bricks so are more earthquake proof .. not that I would need that in the UK lol

8. cerberus

Yes, I've agreed the modern ones are much better, but I've been talking about these

[​IMG] post-war?

I'd sooner be in a prefab in a 8.4 Richter scale quake, than here - traditional bricks and 8 floors up. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Fugazi

Oh god, yes those were awful .. but they did serve a purpose and were only supposed to be a short term solution, though my home town still has an estate full of them.

10. cerberus

Indeed - a roof above your head is better than no roof above your head.

11. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

There is a book called "building a low impact roundhouse" by Tony Wrench, I am sure there are many othe similar books & many youtube videos that educate people in building a low impact house & community that would be worth reading/watching.

The trouble is that many many council planners refuse to allow a sensible small development in an area that could accomodate this kind of living.

I live in East Lothian and by God we have a huge potential for a dozen or more small communities, each of say 20-30 people without impacting on any community or ecology in any negative way at all. So that is 300+ people that could be homed in an alternative society.

And lets face the liberal-left Globalist wankers have screwed up our society so much ... why not allow some people to set up an alternative society? .... Mmmmm of course those liberal-left globalist wankers hate anyone to live outside their total control... They love to tell us what is OK to say what eduction we must have .... Infact lets just kill the gloibalists & free ourselves & make a new World.

Lets start with those evil wankers that want to enslave us to the EU... Tim Farron .... I think he would be a good case for removing to a concentration camp on some off shore island.