Why Trump Won

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by GeorgiaAmy, Nov 18, 2016.

1. GeorgiaAmy

GeorgiaAmy Well-Known Member

GW, two terms. Obama, two terms. 16 years, both parties and the people are disgusted by politicians. Trump was a finger and F you to both parties, DC, and career politicians. We are sick of both parties. I think this is the beginning of the end for the two party monopoly. Libertarians and Independents are more and more frequently on state ballots for local offices.
    He is not a politician. That is why he won.

2. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Banned

He simply won because he addressed the economic issues. All those media pundits live in a delusional bubble. The real life is tough. Many Americans suffered economically during Obama's years and they were totally ignored by the ruling class. No one was talking to them. Trump simply gave them voice. All you needed to do is to observe his crowds. And their dedication.

Bannon put it the best.

“He gets it, he gets it intuitively,” says Bannon, perhaps still surprised he has found such an ideal vessel. “You have probably the greatest orator since William Jennings Bryan, coupled with an economic populist message and two political parties that are so owned by the donors that they don’t speak to their audience. But he speaks in a non-political vernacular, he communicates with these people in a very visceral way. Nobody in the Democratic party listened to his speeches, so they had no idea he was delivering such a compelling and powerful economic message. He shows up 3.5 hours late in Michigan at 1 in the morning and has 35,000 people waiting in the cold. When they got [Clinton] off the donor circuit she went to Temple University and they drew 300 or 400 kids.”

3. GeorgiaAmy

Bet bank you aren't an adult American living independly.
    What compelling economic message of his stood out to you?

4. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

There are still more folks pushing the wagon than riding the wagon . . . but not for long.

5. k995

k995 Well-Known Member

Romney talked about the same, and he was an actuall succesfull businessman.

Yes media pundits from both sides dont have a clue, but its more then just economic hardship. To me there is a great deal of "cultural hardship" .

Thats simply nuts, sorry just hear the guy speak he sometimes barely can bring his message acros.

6. Super21

Super21 Banned

Democrats didn't have any credibility. Real wages have gone down since 2000 and they have been in control since then. They care more about immigrants and their careers rather than improving the lives of working people.

7. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Plus he had the cash to fund his own campaign, it's almost as if God made him rich and engineered him into the Presidency so he'd save the world from the threat of nuclear war like he's just done by becoming chums with Putin..:)
    "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required" (Luke 12:48 )

8. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Banned

Romney tried it 4 years ago. Things got considerably worse since then. Put it this way. If he wasn't a good orator, an orator speaking the language of the ordinary people, there wouldn't be 30,000-40,000 people attending his rallies. He won the election comprehensively which means he got his message across to people rather well.

9. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Banned

Have I ever said that I'm an American? However I have very close relatives in Arizona and Florida. People want better paid jobs and above all job security. And frankly, they had enough of millions illegals roaming around the country abusing the system. Basically America and Americans first. Two fingers to the globalist kabbalah. To you is all the same. You've profited well from the globalist kabbalah running the show. Don't be selfish. There are many Americans in need.

10. jackdog

jackdog Well-Known Member

Trump won for one simple reason - he and Steve Bannon nailed the mood of the country. The Dems , the Bushes, and the media forgot about all of us out here in flyover country. If the Dem party had listened to Bill Clinton Hillary may have had a shot, but they did not and still don't get it

11. GeorgiaAmy

He wasn't bought and paid for to finance his campaign. Nobody owns him. Religion in US politics today is pretty benign.
    Nobody in the US has worried about a nuclear attack since the end of the Cold War in the 80's.
    Save the world? Haha. Yeah, I see the developed world rushing into Africa. Genocide, starvation, living conditions we cannot fathom.
    Why is England worried about Russia? Specifically?

12. GeorgiaAmy

Your economic assessment is ignorant. If I tried to discuss things in your neck of the woods, it would quickly be apparent I was ignorant.
    Regarding Mexican Illegals, it's a common gripe, but Americans aren't that concerned. They are paid around minimum wage or less. Anyone can find a minimum wage job. Decades it has been a political topic, decades nothing has been done, decades Americans keep those that employ them in business. If it was that bothersome, something would be done.
    Absolutely Americans first. Always.
    It is funny to me... We have absolutely no interest in the world's opinion of us. We don't care about your approval.

13. GeorgiaAmy

Haha. Trump is crass, politically incorrect, and completely unlike any candidate ever participating in public dialogue running for president. Any American watching the debates and speeches wouldn't have characterized him as a great speaker. Bold, honest, rebellious, controversial, refreshing....
    Different. Profoundly different.

14. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's probably as good a reason as any. But I would say there is a lot more to it than just that. This election was as unique as they come. It certainly wasn't between two established politicians. Yet the politician's party received more than a million votes than the non-politician and the politician's party picked up at least two senate seats and six house seats. Three more house seats to be decided and once they are, that six seats will probably be seven.

This election wasn't decided on the issues or a vision defined. They hardly ever came up. Sure Trump had the slogan, "Make America Great Again," catchy. I couldn't tell you Clinton's. But one reason is the Democrats, their party leaders and present president decided Clinton would be their party's nominee four year in advance. Then rigged the Democratic primary system to ensure that result. Then Clinton who thought she was the next in line, being annointed four years earlier, I would say was extremely over confident. She spent quite a lot of time doing fund raisers out of sight rather than holding rallies or giving interviews. Trump did very little fund raising, was in front of the camera constantly, called in to all the morning shows, did interviews. Trump no matter what one thought of him, he was exciting and inspired his base. Clinton was dull, boring, uninspiring, she came across as aloof. For all of his foot in mouth disease, his outrageous statements, Trump spoke to concerns of the middle class worker, union households, those who had or were in danger of losing their jobs, those whom the slow recovery hadn't helped them.

Clinton, all she said was she would be Obama's third term and that those middle class workers didn't have it so bad. That was what the stats showed. I could bore you with numbers, but let's just say that especially in the old rust belt, the midwest, Trump connected with the people. The more aloof and over confident Hillary Clinton, didn't. Hence Trump won Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin for the first time any Republican did so since 1988. That was the price of ignoring a long time Democratic constituents, a voting block that Hillary took for granted. Not only this group or block of voters, quite a lot of other blocks too.

15. Lesh

Lesh Banned

If you're "sick of both parties"...why did so many incumbents win?

Like almost all of them...

16. GeorgiaAmy

The democratic voters loved Bernie and I absolutely think it is shady that he didn't win the primaries. Nobody thought Trump had a serious chance. Listening to Hannity and Limbaugh try to steer r Republicans away from Trump without openly bashing him was funny to listen to. Hillary has absolutely no charisma. Bill Clinton was hard to hate even for the most die hard Republicans.
    I think a lot of people misunderstand much because they know only what they have seen or read. As an American, I have never been to the middle east. 9/11 was devastating. I have seen journalists beheaded, heard of suicide bombers blowing up diners, etc. I can also think a little for myself. Almost two decades and most Americans think we are over there fighting the threat of radical Islam.
    Unions in the US are almost dead. Only a few would be associated with the Middle-Class. Everything the government touches turns to crap. They create absolutely nothing. Federal government has put their greedy hand in everything. Our healthcare, our schools, our choices on how we want to live, our property, everything.
    Haha. Trump isn't going to build a wall. His win was the beginning of the people shrinking the power of the federal government.

17. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

1- Trump nailed his colours to the mast by saying he's a Christian, good for him!
    2- Obama and Hillary constantly calling Putin names can't have guaranteed a peaceful future for your kids and grandkids.
    3- The third world brings it's troubles on itself, it's zilch to do with us
    4- I don't know anybody in England who's worried about Russia; in fact many of us (including me) admire Putins strong leadership skills, he's the Russian equivalent of Trump..:)

18. perotista

We'll see. I wish him well mainly because if Trump has a successful presidency, then that means this country is being successful as well. I also hope the monopoly of the two major parties at some time disappear. That a viable third party arises. We need one. Personally, I never like the idea of Trump or Hillary Clinton becoming president. I did the only thing I knew I could, I worked to get Johnson elected and voted for him. But now since the election is over, I am in a wait and see mode. I'll not condemn or praise Trump, I will wait and see what he does first, then I will either come down hard on him or heap praise upon him.

But there were many, many reasons why Trump won and Hillary lost. Being a non-politician as I said is as good a reason as any. Having thing go exactly right if not perfect on election day and eve is another.

19. GeorgiaAmy

Well the House, Senate, and Presidency frequently flip back and forth between democrats and republicans. Indepents and third parties are excluded from debates and you usually have to write them in on a ballot. Incumbents definitely have the advantage if their constituents are pretty content.
    The Democrats and Republicans have controlled US politics for a long time. Trump winning was a huge blow to both parties.

20. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Granted GOP elites are confused...but claiming that this was some major anti-establishment movement when virtually every Republican incumbent was re-elected...is just false

21. GeorgiaAmy

I feel your pain. I voted for Ron Paul. Huge freedom proponent, very knowledgeable about economics, served for years giving every dollar he earned as a politician back to the people. He tried to talk to people using logic and reason. You will never see a successful marketing campaign driven by logic and reason.
    We'll see what happens...I think DC isn't going to be very accommodating to Trump at first. If he can keep enthusiastic support from the people, DC will have no choice but to bend over. If nothing else, SNL will be WAY funnier than if Hillary had won.

22. perotista

LOL, oh geez, SNL. There was nothing funny about Hillary Clinton. SNL would have had their job cut out for it. As for the rest, I agree.

23. Lesh

Lesh Banned

admire Putins strong leadership skills, he's the Russian equivalent of Trump

Putin honed his political skills as a KGB officer...Trump honed his as a reality TV actor

Who do you think has the advantage?

24. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

They both love their countries so I'd say they're about even..:)

25. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Yet his approval rating is one of the highest at this stage.
    Obama was a similar bush, but americans are better off, slightly, than before he was prez.