Trump Blasts 'Saturday Night Live' as 'One-Sided Biased Show,' Asks 'Equal Time for U

Discussion in 'Other Off-Topic Chat' started by Think for myself, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ah yes, whilst I spent the night tucked away warmly in my bed with my life/spiritual partner next to me, our President elect was up and tweeting away.

Saturday Night live had a skit portraying Trump as a bumbling fool who lucked into the office of president and is faced with dealing with the realities of his promises.

Our president elect, in response to this satire of him, took to Twitter calling SNL a one sided bias show and mutters something about equal time.

Equal time. On a comedy skit show. This is an interesting concept. Does Trump want others to be mocked as he is mocked? Or is this just his notoriously think skin showing, where the future leader of the free world is so torqued over a TV show he takes to exploding on Twitter like a spurned teenager?

Very presidential behavior Donald.

[video=youtube;JUWSLlz0Fdo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUWSLlz0Fdo[/video]

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/alec...y-night-live-play-president/story?id=43667710

President-elect Trump weighed in on this weekend's 'Saturday Night Live' show that had Alec Baldwin playing him, tweeting , "It is a totally one-sided, biased show - nothing funny at all. Equal time for us?"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800329364986626048

Saturday's show was marked by the return of Alec Baldwin, who played candidate Donald Trump before the election, in his debut as the president-elect.

The episode's cold open (below, in its entirety) -- set at Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey, where Trump is holding meetings this weekend -- kicked off with Baldwin's Trump telling Kate McKinnon's Kellyanne Conway, Trump's campaign manager, that he could not have won the election without her.

"I think about that every day," she says, sighing. (McKinnon's legendary portrayal of Hillary Clinton was absent from the episode.)

The sketch also poked fun at the commotion caused by Vice President-elect Mike Pence's attendance Friday night at the Broadway musical "Hamilton," where he was booed by audience-goers. A star of the play, Brandon Victor Dixon, addressed Pence from the stage at the end of the performance, telling him, "We are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us."

In the "SNL" sketch, Baldwin's Trump says to SNL cast member Beck Bennett's Pence, I heard you went to see 'Hamilton,' how was that?"

Responds Bennett's Pence: "It was good. I got a free lecture."

Baldwin's Trump ends their conversation saying, "I love you Mike. You're the reason I'm not going to get impeache

2. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

He'll just have to get used to it.

3. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

Trump needs to get out of election mode and let his actions define him. The people know about the media bias. Let's see some results when he swears in.

4. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

SNL hasn't been funny much less relevant for decades. My advice to Trump would be to not worry about the show and don't waste your time talking about it, the people who watch it didn't vote for him anyway.

5. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

There is that and also he needs to realize that the campaign is over and that now he needs to begin the mental transition mode into the presidency -- something that heretofore only Barack Obama has failed to eventually do -- and a sitting president not only cannot be bothered by piddly stuff like rude leftists being rude -- I mean falling rain is wet, right? -- but if he is going to BE president of all the people then that also means allowing for leftists to be leftists. He doesn't have to cater to their insanity but he does need to let them -- well -- show their behinds to the world from time to time.

6. ellesdee

ellesdee Well-Known Member

The graffiti left behind in a Brooklyn playground in Trump's honor is his equal time.

7. justrying

justrying Banned

Trump is a wus and can't take a joke. Besides he is going to remove our freedom of speech

8. SillyAmerican

SillyAmerican Well-Known Member

Agreed. If president elect Trump believes that the media and/or popular culture is ever going to be fair to his presidency, he's fooling himself. Hopefully on January 21st he'll realize that he has so much on his plate, he no longer has time to watch SNL, let alone be concerned with whatever nonsense they're putting out.

Agreed. SNL is irrelevant, and president Trump will have much bigger fish to fry.

9. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

(Scratches head) You mean that he is going to promote leftist Political Correctness as a law? That's what Political Correctness aims to do after all; bully people out of exercising their right to freedom of speech.

10. justrying

justrying Banned

Trump can't take a joke. What a wus!

Next he is going to censor TV

11. squidward

squidward Well-Known Member

He uses one simple tweet and gets millions to pay attention.
    And you hate it so much that you'll use any angle to try to convince him to stop

12. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

What media "bias" SNL is a faffliuktin comnedy show for X sakes. I suppose LICE Liar In Chief Elect wants to violate the Constitution by putting the SNL cast and the Hamilton cast in gulags maybe even employ the final solution..

13. justrying

justrying Banned

Trump is a wus. Its that simple. Grow a skin Trump and learn how to take a joke.

14. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

With ScumTurd Billionaire Trump running loose this election cycle real life was funnier than SNL so I rarely watched it.

15. justrying

justrying Banned

Righties hate SNL. Their thin skins, like Trumps, can't take a joke

16. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

I stopped watching after alec boredwin hosted for like the 30th time. Did we run out of comedians at the same time as journalists. Looks that way.

17. ellesdee

ellesdee Well-Known Member

Thank you. I mean, I can see the bias in our news programs, but to whine about bias from a comedy show, and suggest equal time on a comedy show! Some of these people are getting ridiculous with it.

18. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

"Trump Blasts 'Saturday Night Live' as 'One-Sided Biased Show,' Asks 'Equal Time for U"

Trump has 2 months to grow some thicker skin - lol

19. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Well "equality" is the law of the land /eyeroll but that's not what I want to talk about.

I noticed you called SNL a comedy skit show, but is it just that?

There's another thread going on right now about so called "fake news" on Facebook and while I was typing that one I was thinking of a way to work in this specific type of "fake news" which has a very real ability to shape peoples opinions.

I'm speaking of course of political satire like SNL, like the Daily Show, like John Oliver, like Stephen Colbert, and so on.

People are actually taking what they see on these shows as actual fact, as "news".

And of course every one of those shows/people I listed, not to mention all of Hollywood, has an extreme Left bias so the entertainment they generate does as well.

So is SNL, and others like it, purely comedy skit shows?

To a lot of people, to a lot of Democrat voting people, its not comedy its confirmation bias affirming "fact".

20. justrying

justrying Banned

Trump is a punk, nothing more

An old racist white man

21. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Hey, I got an idea for a funny Baldwin sketch..:)-
    Wiki- "In December 2011, Baldwin was on an American Airlines flight at Los Angeles International Airport, playing Words with Friends on his phone while waiting for takeoff. When instructed to put away the "electronic device" by the flight attendant, he reportedly became belligerent and was eventually removed from the plane"

22. justrying

justrying Banned

Hey I have a better idea. Tell the idiot Trump to grow a thicker skin.

23. squidward

squidward Well-Known Member

Must really irritate you that he has mastered the art of getting ouround the narrative painting tactics of the corporatist owned major media outlets.

24. gc17

gc17 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Again.............Free speech..............get used to it.

25. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trumps not a racist imo, he hates everyone equally, the only one he loves is himself

now that could be good, as maybe his narcissism will make him try really really had to be a good president... I am willing to give him a chance

but he has to get over stupid things like this, if he stays up all night stressing about SNL, were in trouble