Russians hope for better relations with the USA

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by MrFirst, Nov 25, 2016.

1. MrFirst

MrFirst Banned Past Donor

How Russians' opinion on Americans change

Russians improved their attitude to Americans. According to the last research of Levada-Center 30% of Russians feel sympathy to the people of the United States. A year ago there were only 20% of such responders. Why Russians change their views and what helps to shape the public opinion? Many have revised their views after Donald Trump won the election, politologists Evgeny Minchenko says. According to him, the responders count that under the new president the Russian-American relations would be better.

"We were told that frauds in favor of Clinton were very probable and Trump may not win. And now people say: "Look, the Americans are good guys. Despite propaganda was against him, so as the whole machine of American elite was, they voted for Trumpy anyway. They have choosen the normal guy." Because Hillary Clinton is accepted by Russians as the kind of Communist bureaucrat which they hate: completely false, dishonest and corrupt", Minchenko said.

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3152059

2. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Russians aren't very bright, are they?

3. MrFirst

MrFirst Banned Past Donor

Russians are frank.

4. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

You mean rude and gullible? Russia shares 2600 miles of border with China. Doesn't that create some opportunity for Russian prosperity?

5. zoom_copter66

zoom_copter66 Well-Known Member

I didn't think Russians were capable of "sympathy"... as stated above...isn't that a sign of weakness?

6. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm sure the average Russian does not want their country to be in conflict with the U.S. any more than the average American wants their country to be conflict with Russia.

7. Pork_Butt

Pork_Butt Active Member

" Because Hillary Clinton is accepted by Russians as the kind of Communist bureaucrat which they hate: completely false, dishonest and corrupt", Minchenko said. "
    This is so very true. Hillary is the one responsible for the mid east (With help from Obama) problem.

8. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

I agree with your post.

I've been to Russia twice and I can say that the average Russian has a favorable opinion of the average American, even before this last election. However they feared that Russia and America may end up in war because of conflicts by the governments. I have an account on VK (Facebook for eastern Europeans) and after the election there was a lot of favorable comments about Trump's victory. Russians seem to think Trump will bring friendlier relations and thus lower the chance of war.

I don't claim to speak for all Russians and obviously not all Russians think alike. Some don't like Trump. However it's my opinion that when it comes to American and Russian relations it's a good thing that Trump won

Of course Putin isn't the average Russian and he might try to take advantage of Trump.
    But since Putin was already able to do anything he wanted under the Obama presidency I don't see how Trump could make things worse.

9. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

Well, if you believe the democrats, they were bright enough to influence the American election.