+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: Hi all. New here. Need help with something.

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaNoblesse View Post
    There's something odd with my account because I'm odd.
    I hang at the Liveleak website a lot and we often get hoaxers posting phoney videos and stuff, but we've become experts at quickly spotting the fakes in that forum and in all other forums around the internet. For example we sometimes get males pretending to be females but we can spot them a mile off..

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Brady View Post
    I hang at the Liveleak website a lot and we often get hoaxers posting phoney videos and stuff, but we've become experts at quickly spotting the fakes in that forum and in all other forums around the internet. For example we sometimes get males pretending to be females but we can spot them a mile off..
    True story. When I was 16 I made an account on a political forum and pretended I was a 42 year old man. I figured I'd only get respect for my political opinions if I were a middle aged dude. I had to lie anyway because you had to be 18 to join the forum, so I just added a few more lies. It wasn't easy to post the way a man would post and I probably soundly ridiculous in my attempts. Although no one seemed to suspect anything because really, what young girl wants to pretend to be a middle aged man?
    Last edited by AnnaNoblesse; Jan 07 2017 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Needed a change of gender

  3. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaNoblesse View Post
    ...It wasn't easy to post the way a man would post and I probably soundly ridiculous in my attempts..
    And the reverse is true, a man pretending to be a woman can easily be spotted..

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Brady View Post
    And the reverse is true, a man pretending to be a woman can easily be spotted..
    I was on a dating site once (which had forums) and yea it seemed there were guys pretending to be women. The more they posted the easier they were to spot. After a while it became second nature because they followed a pattern. I assumed they did what they did for attention. When Google reverse image search became a thing then it became much easier to spot fakes. Guys seemed to like stealing pictures of women from Russian bride sites. I was like, come on guys, you know they have the internet in Russia. We can see that you stole those pictures.

    I don't know if I could easily spot a man pretending to be a woman on a political site because political conversations are mostly gender neutral. Sure women and men think differently about some political subjects but I don't know if I'd assume someone was an opposite gender just because they shared a political view with those of an opposite gender.

  5. Default

    Hello, I'm having the same issue. i read the first three pages of this thread but didn't really find an answer. Trying to upload tihs:




    But I also tried about 20 different pics at all different sizes. Nothing seems to work.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Hello, I'm having the same issue. i read the first three pages of this thread but didn't really find an answer. Trying to upload tihs:




    But I also tried about 20 different pics at all different sizes. Nothing seems to work.
    It's a glitch they are working on (maybe).

    You can't upload or link pictures which are on your computer or phone. And you can't link internet pictures as your avatar. It's a glitch they have that hasn't been worked out. It seems to have started right before I got here.
    Last edited by AnnaNoblesse; Jan 09 2017 at 06:08 PM.

  7. Likes Hermes liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with political science
    By Bobby Bot2 in forum Religion & Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 17 2015, 12:03 PM
  2. Need Help with Song Stuck in my Head
    By Rickity Plumber in forum Music, TV, Movies & other Media
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 10 2014, 03:48 PM
  3. Need help with Linux?
    By AndrogynousMale in forum Computers & Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 07 2014, 03:52 PM
  4. I need help with my job search
    By custer in forum Other Off-Topic Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jan 23 2014, 03:23 PM
  5. Hi, I need help with this
    By joseleg in forum Human Rights
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 18 2013, 12:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks