Ethnic/racial dating bias

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Ritter, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

(To me) It seems that most people are attracted to their "own kind"; people like people who look similar to themselves when it comes to long term relationships, in other words.

Questions to discuss: Do you have an ethnic/racial preference and do you seem to only attract people of your "own kind"? Is it racist to have such preferences? If yes, why?

PS. Be honest, guys. There's no reason to try to depict yourselves as saints. :)

2. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

In my youth I "Experienced" most ethnicities and thus have developed an informed preference in female companionship. I found black women to be rather loud and unattractive in general. Asian women in general are meekly demanding and abruptly domineering when angered. Latin women tend to simply be too masculine in mindset and Italians stubborn to a fault.

Irish women are quite nice until you (*)(*)(*)(*) them off and then become dangerous creatures with devious capabilities, Russian girls are just plain mean and American females are childish little babies until 40 or so.

Best bet as far as I'm concerned is to date 10 years older than you and avoid any woman who dresses like she needs penis.

3. Right is the way

Right is the way Well-Known Member

My opinion is a hot girl is a hot girl. If she makes you happy and you make her happy go for it. Just keep in mind there will always be close minded people out there.

4. NCspotter

NCspotter Active Member

You pretty much summed it up for me. The girls that have been attracted to me (not the other way around) have all been white. I'm more obsessed with eye color than anything else though to be honest. And no, it's not racist to date another person from your own race.

5. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

I liked God's response to Moses' sister getting bent out of shape that Moses married a black woman. God spit in Moses' sisters face (struck her with leprosy for a few days). That's a godly response to such nonsense.

People are attracted to others for a wide variety of reasons that I see no reason for anyone else to get involved in.

6. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

Black men are marry White women about 10 times as often as White men marry Black women.

7. Taxpayer

Taxpayer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Racism isn't simply having a preference. Dating only women is not sexist and choosing to attend a Catholic church is not anti-antisemitism. There is a subtle but important difference between stating a preference and asserting a superiority.

Joe prefers chocolate ice cream to vanilla, that is not the same as saying chocolate has inherently greater value or vanilla is inherently flawed.

racĀ·ism /ˈrāˌsizəm/
    noun

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

8. Taxpayer

There are about nine times as many non-black people in the US as black. If black men chose wives without ever knowing the woman's skin color, you would get a similar result.

9. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

[I too prefer whites, but a beautiful woman is - of course - a beautiful woman. Although, I am part MENA (Turkish father/Finnish mother), I don't fancy MENA broads at all. I prefer Nordic gals and make any Freudian conclusions out of that you want. :)

10. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The language or cultural barrier is the first thing to overcome if you date someone from a different country. Miki Ando, the Japanese figure skater, is dating a Spanish skater and her English is as good as a translator, which allows her to communicate with her Spanish boyfriend. I prefer good-natured Russian women over other nationalities and I find American women slightly intimidating. Eye colours may be another determining factor as brown-eyed people are more likely to mate with brown-eyed people.

About women's eyes color

Blue eyes
    This pretty baby seems to be very nice and sweet! Don't think so! But she is always sure that she can gain almost everything in her life. That's why a couple of kisses won't be enough. So you will have to do a lot for her. And there is no guarantee that you will have the same in return. (Example: Nicole Kidman).
    Grey eyes
    She is hard-working person. But you are not to wait for big results in bed. It is the only place where he doesn't intend to achieve good results. But if you pay more attention to the quality, not the quantity it is your choice (Example: Charlize Theron).
    Hazel eyes.
    It is not difficult to burn the fire of desire in her, but it's more difficult to keep it on. She is very sensitive, but at the same time she is lazy. But she won't ask for more from you too. That's why if there are few minutes lefty till the end of the dinner break you can fall into passion without hesitating. (Example: Britney Spears).
    Green eyes.
    She won't make it in the underground. But if you are left alone with her, you can do whatever you want, because there are no taboos for your girl friend. She can lead you to the madness with her caress. But when it comes to the matter you will be greatly disappointed with her indifference. Don't be frustrated! Because your partner is more interested in the love game, than in sex as it is. (Example: Linda Evangelista).
    Grey-blue/green eyes.
    It's a problem! It is very difficult to make this girl melt. And I can say that warmness of the soul doesn't stay on the last place. And if you will achieve your aim, you will the winner, because she doesn't have any complexes. She is very romantic, tender woman. (Example: Madonna).
    Dark-hazel eyes.
    Her impulsivity and irritability means nothing if compare them with her temperament. If you are a bit not in the proper form, you shouldn't put the date aside! She is very easy to burn. And this woman is always ready to make experiments till the very morning and uses all her imagination and tenderness for you to feel like the real man. (Example: Salma Hayek).

http://www.cindyagency.net/dating-advice-tip1.htm

11. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I'm pro swirl myself but people probably prefer members of their own race or ethnic group, all things being equal.

12. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

Why doesn't this hold for Black women marrying White men?

13. crank

crank Well-Known Member

I've been in a mixed race marriage for 25 years, as are two of my siblings, and around half the people I know - of all ages. Ultimately, I guess none of us really care what race/culture/language/country someone is from. Beauty can be found anywhere, and so can a sense of humour, intelligence, and kindness. None of us are saints, it just would never occur to us to limit ourselves to a single type of human. To me, that's truly weird.

14. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

A study showed that 87% of white American women are attracted to black men, while they choose a white man when they look for a provider. But the vast majority of white American men find black women unattractive. There may be some scientific explanations for this strange phenomenon.

15. crank

crank Well-Known Member

The expression 'tall, dark, and handsome' doesn't exist for nothing. Darkness has always been associated with masculinity and health. Dark hair, dark eyes, olive skin, etc. It's fairly universal. There will be some primitive driver behind this, you can bank on it.

I guess short blonde men experience the most difficulty in the mating game :D

16. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't think it's racist to have preferences in partners that happen to lean you towards your own ethnic/racial group. I do think it's a little racist to presume that "your own kind" can only include people of the same ethnic/racial group. :cool:

17. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    `

I've dated, or otherwise been with, black males in my life. My 13 yo daughter, is biracial. I've been a friend, confidant, lover and at times, a handmaiden. I've experienced hatred and prejudice because of it but I've learned how to deal with it. Black is not a preference, nor is white, Asian or whatever. I've also dated both black and white females but that's another thing.

18. Diablo

Diablo Well-Known Member

'Cos of size.

19. BleedingHeadKen

BleedingHeadKen Well-Known Member Past Donor

So are American males. Most of them never grow up. I've found, though, that if they (the women) had a hard upbringing and left home early, they are usually wiser and more mature. Especially if they are self-employed or running a business.

20. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

It may depend where one is at and whom one hangs out with. Being military inter racial marriages are common. Walk into any PX or Commissary and you will see many who are married to different races and mixed race kids all over the place. There isn't the racial hang ups or strife one sees in civilian life. I don't have any racial preference, most GI's I don't think do. Myself being a white guy married a Thai gal way back in 1969 and we are happily married after all these years. Our oldest Daughter married a guy from Laos, while our son and youngest daughter married a white girl and a a white guy. But one of my grand daughters is married to a black guy. Still we are just one big happy family.

But a lot of that may be that in the military one relies on the members of his squad or platoon or whatever to accomplish the mission and to protect his back.

21. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

I have no racial dating preference and believe there are psychological and cultural reasons why other people do.

22. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Of course, beauty is beauty. And beauty has no race nor an ethnicity.

Still people might have preferences for certain traits that might just be more common amongst certain groups/races. I have a preference for light traits and, therefore, tend to be more attracted to Nordic girls, although it tends to be Eastern Europeans or MENA-broads whom I attract lol.

Do you think there is any truth in the "opposites attract" notion when it comes to traits as well? I think it is not unusual for people to like what is rare in their community(ethnicity/race). This way a partner with rare traits is seen as some kind of a "trophy" that can be "shown off" to everyone else to gain status. But, in general I believe people tend be drawn to what is familiar to them. :p

For example many men in MENA and South America like blondes and women there often dye their hair to meet this demand. Blondes are universally scarce and there is somewhat of a "global tale" about the "beautiful blonde".

Edit: Blondes have low pigment and low pigment is also associated with children (I - like many others - had light hair as a kid, but it darkened as I grew older). So, blondes may triggered that ape signal of "she is youthful and strong" in the male brain. :laughing:

23. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

People confuse racial/ethic differences with cultural differences because they usually overlap. The odds are high that a person of a different race/ethnicity was raised to very different ethical, social and relationship values, measures and goals. At first this make a relationship seem particularly interesting because it is exciting, interesting and new, but can become a disaster overtime.

It seems that is is white people who are about the only people concerned with not totally accepting people of other races, backgrounds, social values and beliefs.

24. Taxpayer

Don't know. Maybe there is something wrong with white men.

25. crank

crank Well-Known Member

That's not it at all. It's a beauty thing, mainly (black men are very beautiful, no one's likely to argue with that!), but in my experience it's also about sense of humour. White people just aren't very funny ... unless they're Jewish or British :p