Gun Owners Outraged That Levi’s CEO Wants Them to Leave Firearms at Home

Discussion in 'Gun Control' started by Galileo, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Galileo

Galileo Well-Known Member

2. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

What do gun owners, atheists and vegans all have in common? They all want you to know what they are.

3. Crownline

Crownline Banned at Members Request

I hold a concealed carry permit here in California. I am not legally required to obey posted no firearm signs in businesses. There are a few places I can't carry. But when I am out and about I am armed. The weapon is holstered at home before I leave and stays that way until I get back home. I don't want to unholster, unload, and lock up my weapon in a parking lot before I go into a store. I don't want someone seeing me and call the cops. It is safer for me to just leave it holstered on my person and not to fool with it.

4. REALITY CHUCK

REALITY CHUCK Well-Known Member

Okay, first off, whoever that idiot was that carried a gun that they did not know how to carry in a safe condition needs a lot more training. I would guess that they were carrying a Glock or some other firearm without a secondary safety system. Firearms like that require specialized holsters that completely shroud the trigger. It would be interesting to know the exact circumstances.

Then there is this guy that seems to believe that only law-abiding citizens are the problem. If he just requests that THEY don't bring their firearms into his stores, everything will be pastel rainbows, cotton candy, and unicorns.

Here in Illinois, if a business posts that silly little sign on their front door, permit holders are required to leave their firearms in their car or face the possibility of a misdemeanor. Criminals are exempt. So, we just don't shop in those places. Interestingly, out here away from Chicago, I have not seen any of those signs where I normally go, and I have not become aware of any problems arising from this situation.

In fact, In the three years that we have had these permits, I have just heard of only the third incident of a permit holder defending himself. There are no stacks of bodies or rivers of blood that the Democrats promised us. Sigh! (sound of crickets)

5. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

All firearms require a holster that shrouds the trigger. Anything else is just stupid.

Oh, and Levi can go pound sand.

6. Xenamnes

Xenamnes Banned

The Levi company is not demonstrating the authority to do anything regarding its various stores, but is instead asking the public to perform a specific action. The company likely does not have the authority to prohibit the public from carrying firearms at its various outlets, so instead it is merely asking.

Beyond such, the CEO is citing terrorist attacks as justification for their request, thus alluding to the notion that those who legally own firearms, and carry them in a legal manner, are likely to engage in terrorist activity.

7. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

8. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Aren't property rights part of the constitution?

9. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Levis wants to infringe on their customer's right to bear arms while in their shops.

10. polski

polski Active Member

I don't think he's alluding to that at all. He's trying to promote a safe working environment.
    Sometimes conceal carry people wig out other people.
    In the chance of a robbery, all the store needs is some one firing a 9mm. That just complicates an already bad situation.
    All conceal carry people are not created equal. Some can hit a target in times of stress, while others can hit everything but the target in times of stress.

11. Rucker61

Rucker61 Well-Known Member

In 2010, there were over 100 workplace homicides in retail establishments. Would an armed CCW holder have been useful in any of these?

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/osar0016.htm

12. polski

polski Active Member

Depends if he shoots the bad guy or the bad guy and some other innocent bystanders.
    My point is all CCW holders are legal to carry a weapon.
    Many don't put in the practice time necessary to be comfortable with their weapon.
    That's the problem I see.

13. thintheherd

thintheherd New Member

I applaud his coming out with this. Sheds light on idiocy and allows us to vote with our dollars.

He can ask all he wants, not gonna happen, any more than all other establishments containing similar thick-headed societal warts. Then again, he won't see any more of me there so...

Suck it Levi.

14. Rucker61

What are the statistics? We know that criminals with no skill kill unarmed victims all the time.

15. TOG 6

TOG 6 Well-Known Member

16. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Please show me all the cases where undertrained but legal CCW holders have caused any deaths to bystanders due to their incompetence. Heck, show me more than one of these cases. It's a mythical problem that doesn't exist in reality, but only in the imaginations of gun control advocates.

17. polski

polski Active Member

It all depends on your version of reality. I have CCW in Ohio. I go to the range and understand the 2 weapons I own. I see many people at work who get their CCW and that's the extent of it.
    Instead of becoming familiar with their weapon, they carry it in their purse or when they go out in public. If they have to draw that weapon, they will not hit their intended target. Getting a concealed carry permit is easy. Just like getting a drivers license. Just because you have a DL, doesn't mean you can't hit a school bus. I don't have to show you any cases, it's just common sense. It's not too difficult when one is in a stressful or hurried state to hit something other than an intended target. That's why you have to practice. Nothing mystical about that at all. I love to know when I go out, that so many people have 45's & 9mm's. Makes me feel very safe. I'm sure they are all superior battle tested marksmen. That shouldn't be that difficult to comprehend.

18. Rucker61

What do you plan to do at Levi Straus when someone starts shooting?

19. polski

polski Active Member

With a loud vicious growl.....................attack. Many years ago I was a jarhead. The training stays with you.
    I just have to do all this in under 1 minute. After that, I would be out of breath. ;)

20. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

So in other words, it's not a real problem. Yes, it's a theoretical problem, but in real life, we aren't having undertrained people shooting innocent bystanders.

21. polski

polski Active Member

Do you have CCW? Just wondering what your weapon was.
    Any prior service.
    Or too many bong hits.
    Then we can discuss theory. ;)

22. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Their is a possessive pronoun. So it's their shops. It is their right.

23. Xenamnes

Xenamnes Banned

Where is the evidence that asking the consumers to refrain from legally carrying firearms in their outlets, actually contributes to a safe working environment? Where is the evidence that legal concealed carry leads to an unsafe working environment.

If someone is carrying a concealed firearm, how are others to know that they are doing such?

There have been numerous examples of legally armed customers stopping robberies at various stores, suggesting that the above is simply not true.

Fully trained police officers are no different. Some police officers can discharge eighty five rounds of ammunition and only hit a suspect once. Nationally there is not a single police precinct in the united states that can boast to having a fifty percent hit rate pertaining to rounds discharged in the line of duty.

24. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

Atheists? I think you meant Theists

- - - Updated - - -

I think the argument is that number would rise from 100 to 1000 or something....

25. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Well-Known Member

Concealed Carry is based on a fair amount of anonymity, as opposed to open carry, most People carrying don't want anyone else to know they are carrying a Concealed handgun.

Theists and Atheists are open to discussion as far as them wanting other People to know their beliefs.

I would think as far as Vegans and Chevy Vega Owners might be concerned, Your Mileage might vary.