Equality is Equal Accountability

Discussion in 'Women's Rights' started by ryobi, Dec 2, 2016.

1. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Equality is equal Accountability

You know what I like about the gym?

There’s no affirmative action in the gym.

No one gives anyone anything because of their race and gender, and no one takes anything away from anyone because of their race and gender.

You have to work for everything you earn.

But it doesn’t stop people from trying to get affirmative action in the gym.

I had a female(*)trainer tell me the(*)weightroom(*)was for women only.

I read the rules.

There was nothing(*)in the rules excluding men from using the gym.

Another time this trainer looked me right in the eyes and said she was trying to intimidate me.

The gym does not have affirmative action, however; the gym does(*)have a no intimidation rule.

Imagine what would have happened if a male trainer had told a female he was trying to intimidate her-lol.

In a study by Sonja B. Star titled: estimating gender disparities in federal criminal cases,(*)she found when women are arrested for the same crimes as men they receive over a 60% reduced sentence and that’s after being many times less likely even to be prosecuted in the first place(*)after they have been arrested.

Women are just not held accountable for the consequences of their actions and choices(*)the way(*)men are.

If Feminism is indeed an equality movement then shouldn’t we hear feminists complaining about the sentencing gap at least as often as the wage gap? The sentencing gap is over 60% and the wage gap is 22% and 60 is greater than 22-right???

However, feminists claim the sentencing gap is not their problem because it’s the fault of Men, mostly white men,(*)however; they also blame men, mostly white men,(*)for the wage gap. However, they care a great deal about the wage gap?

Why in one case do feminists care a great deal about a perceived inequality and in another case not care when the cause of each inequality is the same, men, mostly white men?

And before you call me a, “misogynist,” you do realize that not all women are feminists and not all feminists are women-right?

There are both(*)women and men who believe in gender equality.

And accusing someone of being a misogynist because they believe in gender equality is like calling someone a(*)racist because they believe slavery was wrong.

Estimating Gender Disparities in Federal Criminal Cases

Sonja B. Starr

University of Michigan Law School

August 29, 2012
    University of Michigan Law and Economics Research Paper, No. 12-018

Abstract:

This paper assesses gender disparities in federal criminal cases. It finds large gender gaps favoring women throughout the sentence length distribution (averaging over 60%), conditional on arrest offense, criminal history, and other pre-charge observables. Female arrestees are also significantly likelier to avoid charges and convictions entirely, and twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted. Prior studies have reported much smaller sentence gaps because they have ignored the role of charging, plea-bargaining, and sentencing fact-finding in producing sentences. Most studies control for endogenous severity measures that result from these earlier discretionary processes and use samples that have been winnowed by them. I avoid these problems by using a linked dataset tracing cases from arrest through sentencing. Using decomposition methods, I show that most sentence disparity arises from decisions at the earlier stages, and use the rich data to investigate causal theories for these gender gaps.
    (*)

2. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

The answer to all of your questions is that Feminism is a deluded contradiction that lacks both sense and principles.

3. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

A comment that could only be made if you pretend human society has only existed since the last decade or so, and in some cases still today like the sex and rape culture that exists, still could not be made.

4. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Pardon?

5. Drago

Drago Well-Known Member

US feminism is a first world problem only. A real feminist movement would tackle the Middle East.