the other 1%

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by guttermouth, Dec 3, 2016.

1. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

my sister, my sheltered little sister, (who never had a job out of college and high school,) recently posted something on facebook about the "privileged" Trump son staying in school and how much it would cost tax payers. Her and I both are the children of immigrants. She, however was given roughly $200k by my parents that they both still owe as far as i know. Myself, i an a landscaper, i chose not to go into debt. I asked her just how much of her life she actually spends outside, not counting pumping gas, tanning, and partying when the sun was out. her answer, between her bed and her cubicle, was about 75%. I wasnt so soon to trust her, especially as the days grow shorter and she can no longer spend her weekends farting on the beach. Now, while she spends less and less time outside of her bubble, i do believe her answer would now change. even at 75% mid summer between sleep and her cubicle i still dont believe her since she smokes so much weed, like all her friends.
    our indifference
    she believes her education makes her smarter, and therefor she knows whats best for everyone around her.
    my question
    how can you spend 75% of your life shielded from the REAL world and pretend you know whats best for your own brother? her older brother, who didnt learn life from a book but instead learned life from spending almost half of it in the real world.
    how can a person who spends less than 75% of their life in the real world pretend they know whats best for a person like me?
    how can you pretend you know how to live from a book you read?
    my synopsis, 99% of her life is made possible by people like me, the people who get their hands dirty.
    as far as i am concerned, i am the 1%