Drunk men screaming 'Trump' attack Muslim straphanger, cops say

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by Space_Time, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Space_Time

Space_Time Well-Known Member

Why does this keep happening? How should the perpetrators be punished? Or will this turn out to be a hoax?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...p-attack-muslim-straphanger-article-1.2896163

Drunk men screaming Trump’s name try to rip off Muslim student’s hijab as straphangers stand idly by on East Side subway, cops say
    Updated: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 12:42 AM
    Straphangers stood by and watched as three drunk white men repeatedly screamed “Donald Trump!” and hurled anti-Islam slurs Thursday at a Muslim Baruch College student before trying to rip her hijab off of her head on an East Side subway, the woman told the Daily News.

Yasmin Seweid said she was stunned by the assault — and the fact that no one in the subway car came to her aid.

“It made me really sad after when I thought about it,” she said. “People were looking at me and looking at what was happening and no one said a thing. They just looked away.”

The terrified 18-year-old recounted her harrowing encounter with the hate-spewing trio.

NYC will sue if Trump implements Muslim registry: De Blasio
    “I heard them say something very loudly, something about Donald Trump ... I also heard them say the word terrorist and I sort of got a little scared,” Seweid told The News.

Seweid had left an event at Baruch and was on her way home on an uptown No. 6 platform at the 23rd St. and Park Ave. stop at about 10 p.m. Thursday when the men started taunting her, she said.

They hollered at the business major as she boarded a train.

Muslim Baruch College student Yasmin Seweid was harassed by three drunk man shouting Donald Trump's name.
    Muslim Baruch College student Yasmin Seweid was harassed by three drunk man shouting Donald Trump's name. (FACEBOOK)
    They kept screaming Trump’s name at her, and then said, “Oh look, a (expletive) terrorist,” she said.

Letters say Trump will be 'Hitler' to Muslims going nationwide
    “Get the hell out of the country!” they yelled during the train ride. “You don’t belong here!”

Seweid, who was born in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, to Egyptian parents, was shocked.

“I born and raised in this country,” she told The News. “I’m an American, you know?”

When Seweid ignored them, they pulled on her bag to get her attention and the strap broke.

NYC will sue if Trump implements Muslim registry: De Blasio
    “That’s when I turned around and said ‘can you please leave me alone,’ and they started laughing,” she said.

DESERET NEWS OUT; MANDATORY CREDIT
    154 PHOTOS
    VIEW GALLERY
    Protests erupt around the country after Donald Trump is elected president
    She walked to the other end of the train, and they followed her and tried to pull off her hijab, a head covering worn by Muslim women.

“Take that thing off!” they hollered.

“I put my hand on top of my head to hold it,” Seweid said. “Then I turned around and screamed ‘what the (expletive).’ ”

Trump supporter fired from bank job for racist Obama comments
    Seweid got off the train at Grand Central Terminal on E. 42nd St. and reported the terrifying incident to police.

Her father, Sayeed Seweid, 55, of New Hyde Park, L.I., said he was also angry that no one else stepped in to defend his daughter.

“Nobody even offered to help an 18-year-old girl,” he said. “That means something. Her phone was dying. You offer help — it doesn’t matter the race, religion, or the country.”

2. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

how did she know they where drunk?

3. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

(Shrug) I don't see the problem. If it actually happened and isn't just another DNC paid for dirty trick (remember Project Veritas?) and if they captured the guy then charge him, slap his rump into jail; put him in front of a judge and jury and then let the justice system take its course. End of problem.

4. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm calling BS on this.

5. trucker

sounds like a robbery purse snatch went bad and then she thought, hey i can make this look like a hate crime and blame some white guys and further my agenda

6. trucker

see how she eliminated any witnesses with this story of hers smart..

7. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Assuming this is true: 3 drunks mention Trump, and it is Trump's fault; 3 terrorists mention Allah and it has nothing to do with Muslims....

8. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah, my friend, another old man like me, got robbed by a black in the grocer's parking lot. Since he obviously supported Obama, it really looks bad on all Obama supporters and Obama himself. Right?

Does it mean I am a genius to be able to discern this, with my superior brain? Or can any decent rational brain discern as easily? So then, who would be fooled?

9. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

They better have drunk that way they have an excuse fircacting like *********s.

10. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have to agree, I am sick of all the leftist did this, rightest did that.... by both sides

11. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, BS on that just like the guy who stood up on a plane and yelled at passengers praising Trump and has been banned fir life from flying thatvAirlines. BS ! Oh wait the airline srorybwas true...mom well I tried to help out you Trumpeizdas.

12. trucker

yeah why not say they where sober as if that was beyond being a white male voting for trump:confusion: see if they where sober they would be serious neo nazis or skin heads kkk guys in a pack of 3, but since they were drunk white guys they were just the average white males for trump get it

13. Stuart Wolfe

Stuart Wolfe Well-Known Member Past Donor

The one thing really fishy about her story was her (or her father) saying her phone was out of power - presumably that's the reason she didn't record it, but why state it up front? Also - an 18-year old letting her cell run low? Now that's REALLY odd.

There's been so many fake hate crimes lately, I find it difficult to believe any of them anymore.

14. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Well it's a lot better than what Muslims do to non-Muslims, you know like (*)(*)(*)(*)ing blow them up and rape their woman.

Oh and God forbid people are pissed at Muslims - It's not like they've done anything wrong..

If Christians did half the crap Muslims did I would totally undertand the anger.

15. Sam Bellamy

Sam Bellamy Well-Known Member

Another day. Another fake news story.

16. trucker

:hmm: drunk 3 white males in a pack like wolves, no witnesses because the crowd agree with what was happing to the little black sheep muslim, nice script she wrote:wink:

17. trucker

yeah but they need to higher a good writer, that can make it more believable next time :blankstare:

18. Sam Bellamy

Sam Bellamy Well-Known Member

Here we have a woman with no evidence, like the bag she claims was torn, no eyewitness or, video, and no suspects to be found anywhere. We've seen this a few times since the election, where someone says they were discriminated against in the name of Donald Trump, only to have the evidence evaporate and the complainant admit creating the story for political gain. Thus, my BS meter is redlining on this one.

19. MrNick

MrNick Banned

The worst thing I have ever said to a Muslim was on 9/11 - as in the actual day of the attack. I went to go buy beer and smokes and the guy at the store "looked Muslim" and I was like: "Go (*)(*)(*)(*) yourself Osama" and that dude got pissed off...... I felt bad too right after that because he was really mad which shows me he was just as angry as I was..... I don't even think he was a Muslim either - he was just some dude, perhaps Indian......... But on that day man.....

20. Sharpie

Sharpie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes, as if anyone in the midst of a violent crime would scream Trump's name (or anyone else's for that matter). Clearly, it was an attempt to sully Trump. And to get a free cell phone.

21. justrying

justrying Banned

Welcome to trumps amerika.

This is how trump is going to make america great again

22. highntight

highntight Banned

With some people you can kinda pick up on this sorts thing. But you gotta pay close attention.

23. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Well, we must give them room to destroy. Yanno, like in Baltimore.

24. MrNick

MrNick Banned

What the hell does Trump have to do with any of this?

For all you know these were gay men still upset over Orlando..

25. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

From a purely safety standpoint it's stupid for anyone, especially a woman, to wear a scarf wrapped around the neck. It makes a very effective choke weapon that a bad guy can grab and choke you to death with.

RiseAgainst likes this.