Donald Trump Says ‘SNL’ Was a ‘Good Show’ When He Hosted, But ‘It’s Not Anymore’

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by Think for myself, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Way to pick your battles prez elect.

Indeed, Matt Lauer asked Trump if he would jsut stop watching SNL if it bothered him so much,a nd Trump went all over the place with it.

Apparently Trump hosted SNL when it was still good, in November of 2015. Apparently in a year and a month since then, it has gotten terrible, and now Trump thinks it is a terrible show. Apparently, it was not for 30 years and then got bad in a year.

He goes on to call Baldwin's imitation of him mean-spirited and biased. Yeah, Turmp claling someone else mean-spirited. Pretty funny.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/donald-trump-snl-alec-baldwin-today-matt-lauer-1201935983/

Donald Trump addressed his post-election Twitter use and outspoken dislike of his portrayal on “Saturday Night Live” during a “Today” show interview Wednesday morning.

Since winning the election Trump has taken aim at — among a long list of targets — “SNL,” in particular Alex Baldwin’s impersonation of him. Trump has tweeted that the NBC show is “totally one-sided,” “biased,” “unwatchable” and a “hit job,” and has said that Baldwin’s performance “stinks” and “just can’t get any worse.”

Matt Lauer asked the president-elect if he might consider stop watching “SNL,” rather than watch every week and complain about it.

“Well I hosted ‘SNL’ when it was a good show, but it’s not a good show anymore,” Trump said. “First of all, nothing to do with me… There’s nothing funny about it. The skits are terrible.”

Trump hosted the NBC show during Season 41 on Nov. 7, 2015. In the “Today” interview, Trump went on to address Baldwin, who has engaged his criticism on Twitter, most recently replying that he will “stop” if Trump releases his tax returns.

“I like Alec, but his imitation of me is really mean-spirited and not very good,” he said. “I don’t think it’s good. And I do like him and I like him as an actor, but I don’t think his imitation of me gets me at all. And it’s meant to be very mean-spirited which is very biased.”

Trump also bashed the show in general, saying, “Frankly, the way the show is going now and you look at the kind of work they’re doing, who knows how long that show’s going to be on. It’s a terrible show.”

Lauer also asked the president-elect if he think his combative Twitter habits are too hard to break, especially in light of his pledge following his election victory to be more “restrained” on Twitter. Since that pledge he has used Twitter to go after the musical “Hamilton,” the New York Times and “SNL” among others.

“I think I am very restrained and I talk about important things,” Trump replied, returning to his common refrain of biased reporting. “I get it out much faster than a press release. I get it out much more honestly than dealing with dishonest reporte

2. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

SNL hasn't been a "good show" in over 30 years.

3. An Old Guy

An Old Guy Well-Known Member

Trump the man-child needs to get a grip on himself, his behavior is embarrassing - to himself and to the nation he will soon be the leader of.

4. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Because it was Biased.And don't dare say it wasn't.

>>>MOD EDIT Of Topic Removed<<<

5. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I do believe even as President-elect he is more then capable and has the right to his opinion.

6. justrying

justrying Banned

94 million people unemployed and this moron Trump is obsessed with Saturday Night Live.

7. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

He might fix Obama's mistakes.

8. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

Agreed, I suppose the kit glove treatment that Obama received for seven years is to much to ask of the left?

9. justrying

justrying Banned

Might?

You sound doubtful

Perhaps he can go on SNL and tell us his plans since he's obsessed with them

10. guavaball

guavaball Well-Known Member

And he's right. The ratings prove it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...to-air-30-less-commercials-beginning-nex.html

Its a shame you didn't check that out.

- - - Updated - - -

And who is president right now and has been for the last 8 years? That's right, your messiah.

11. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

The ratings prove what? Your link says that they are trying to reformat the show to cut down on commercials.

Ratings this season seem to be up over a last season so far.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/02/snl-season-42-premiere-ratings

12. justrying

justrying Banned

13. guavaball

Is he president yet? You do know he's not sworn in until the 20th of January right?

- - - Updated - - -

No one cuts down on commercials if its popular. Did you really not know that?

And down overall for a decade. Do try again.

[​IMG]

14. justrying

justrying Banned

So he's not sworn in yet. So what

What are his plans to get 94 million unemployed Americans back to work?

We already know his plans to remain obsessed with SNL...like his obsession with them is going to make America great again

Geez!!!

15. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I don't think Trump talking about SNL is any worse than Obama talking about the Kanye West/Taylor Swift snub. Presidents have long been making comments about popular culture.

16. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

At least we are now acknowledging the unemployed. A big shift from the Obama deflectors who always told us these were the retiring Boomers, Children and other people who really didn't need or want jobs. Admitting the problem is a good first step towards addressing it.

17. justrying

justrying Banned

You didn't answer the question. Go back and read it again, and then provide us an answer. Thanks!

18. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

People miss the point.. SNL has a history of mocking people in a funny way which is great. SNL now is just a rabid attack dog hiding behind "comedy".

19. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Perhaps now you understand why 0bama is a terrible president?

- - - Updated - - -

And it's nowhere near as destructive as 0bama's overt support for BLM over the police.

20. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ironies abound.

Since you raised this important subject that is of vital concern to all Americans, I have to agree with Trump that SNL does suck for the most part. On the other hand, it still has its moments:

[video=youtube;OeWQm_q_Lqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeWQm_q_Lqg[/video]

I wonder why they didn't run this during the election when Clinton and her disappearing acts were still relevant to the American people?

Oh, the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma...

21. justrying

justrying Banned

We are not discussing obama. Trump is the future potus. How is he going to get 94 million unemployed Americans back to work besides feeding his obsession about SNL?

What are his plans?

22. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

He has given his economic plan many times.

23. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Mocking in a semi funny way hot damn they are still capable!

24. guavaball

So he has no presidential power for what you are accusing him of not doing. My God why does everything have to be explained to you?

Look at Carrier.

You really should think these replies through before you hit submit. You are snowflake mad because he hasn't helped the unemployed your Messiah helped create when he hasn't even been sworn in yet.

And that somehow makes sense to you. Wow.

25. justrying

justrying Banned

He has?

Link?

Proof?