We The People gave the guy a chance

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Balto, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

To the people who think Trump hasn't been given his fair share, this thread is aimed toward you.

I have seen presidential elections in the past. Obama was elected in 2008 because We The People were tired of the Republican catastrophes that are inherent within the party, We The People elected Obama in 2012 because the bombshell called G.W.B left so much dog sh*t, it couldn't be patched up in four years. Then we get, as I will humbly call, "The Guy," The Guy showed us all we needed to see, 4 years compressed into one election cycle. The multiple occasions where Trump became red-headed showed us how he deals with critical situations, his consistent denials throughout the campaign showed us how he deals in terms of personal responsibility. And the revelations over Trump University, as well as how he rented out buildings in the early 70's, along with the documented bankruptcies, showed us that he is a shady businessman.

We The People did give the guy a damn chance. We Came, We Heard, We Saw. The people who, through all that, possibly you reading this, who continue to chirp, "Give the guy a chance, Give the guy a chance!" need to deal with the reality that America HAS given the guy a chance, and the reality that you are as much of a menace to this country as Snowden is. Swallow the serum?

2. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

Comparing Donald Trump voters to people who stole American national security secrets. Tell us how you REALLY feel about those deplorables. And you don't understand, that's why your candidate lost to begin with. Trump is mere symbolism. ANYONE could have stood in Trump's shoes this year. Trump's victory highlights how weak the Left is.

It also highlights this: The Left, more than the right by far is in an echo chamber.

3. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Well-Known Member Past Donor

Since Trump has not even been sworn in yet, no, he has not been given a chance yet.

4. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Nah, you are pretending to have given him a chance. He is not even in office yet. How about really giving him a chance.

5. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

The Left does have some rebuilding to do.

But two things need to be learned from this. One, the statement "Anyone can be President" needs to be taken less literally. And two, Trump mastered the key to the human psyche. Repeat something enough, and people will eventually begin to believe it. Funny enough, in 1980 Reagan's campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again." Yet, Trump and Reagan couldn't be further apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I will be curious to see how much division and destruction not if, but when he does.

6. cupAsoup

cupAsoup Well-Known Member

The idiot cannot even control his twitter tirades. He deserves no chance. He deserve to be obstructed and denied at every avenue. The only sensible strategy is to limit the damage this dangerous buffoon can do in four years.

7. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, we don't have much ammunition. This is becoming the most conservative car-wreck since Hoover.

Yes, something seriously is wrong here.

8. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Sadly that won't happen. We could be 3 years into the Trump presidency, annualized economic growth of 4.5 percent economic growth, unemployment at 3%, U6 at 6%. ISIS gone and Russia an enduring and peaceful ally and trading partner, and these jackals will still be telling us what a disaster Trump is.

9. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

I think both you and I know you couldn't say that to anyone with a straight face.

10. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, we gave Hillary a chance, and she turned Libya and Syria into two bloody hellholes, and she lied to us about everything.

11. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Yeah and you guys dont have karma on your side either.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25HN1kZtRIw[/video]

12. squidward

squidward Well-Known Member

Funny, you repeated sexual predator a half a billion times

13. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Far better chance than wit Hillary.

14. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

What chance you give him is entirely irrelevant. He will be President regardless. And it's rather comical to say you've given him a chance when he hasn't even officially won the election yet, let alone taken office, let alone had 100 days in office.

15. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

You gave Trump a chance???

Let's see, how many days has he been president?

0 divided by nothing, carry the 0 is ... oh yea ZERO!

16. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

"...deserve to be obstructed and denied..."

Well, since the America people have, over the last eight years, taken control of the House and Senate away from the democrats and given it to the republicans that's going to be hard for democrats to do. Democrats are out of power for a reason and that reason has nothing to do with Trump.

17. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Give him a chance to do what? If he wants to try anything new I've yet to hear much of it, all I've heard is how he's going to dismantle programs that others took decades to establish and no, I don't think he should be given a chance to do that, not without considerable opposition. If he's got any new ideas, like I hear he's bigly into rebuilding infrastructure; I've always been behind that myself and feel I could well support him in that area.

18. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

LOL! And the lefties whine about obama being blocked by an elected Congress.

19. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

You want my honest opinion? I still don't know who Donald Trump is. This is a guy who started out as a Liberal, but then took the Nationalist label(but not in a visible way, more like Nationalists attached themselves to Donald Trump. Which I fear may be a mistake in the long run.) and somewhat ran on it.

Since then, his cabinet picks have been moderated by giving quite a few(some would argue too many) bones to the conservative part of the coalition that elected him. In many ways, Tomfitz was right about his character. He strikes me as a guy who would say or do anything not only to get elected, but to curry favor.

As a self-proclaimed Fascist-Technocrat(and I consider that as being center-right.) I actually do want some progressive reforms, but I do not believe in class warfare. I believe there are many more ma and pa stores than fortune 500 companies. I believe class warfare stifles innovation, it impoverishes countries and it ultimately weakens our national defense.

See: Venezuela. I believe, in a true "new contract for America" just like JFK/FDR. I think America was great when we had a strong middle class pillar, when the ladder of opportunity was there and when we strove to make things better. We didn't settle for mediocrity, and we didn't have these damn "safe spaces". We were a daring, vigorous country and we don't have that spirit anymore.

Now we've become the world's foremost retailer! The U.S is up for sale, for the convenience of window shopping. No country lasts forever as #1, but I think this is the first time in human history when a country has essentially forfeited its unique characteristics. Unlike with Rome, there's no external factor forcing this collapse. It's all internal, and could all be prevented.

That's why I left the Democrats in 2010. I blame the Democrats for everything that's happened to this day. From the New Deal, to the flawed expansion of Social Security, etc. To the much higher government spending, which takes money out of the private sector. The Democrats are to blame for the collapse of the US Empire.

20. Aleksander Ulyanov

Obstruction and denial doesn't require that you be in control. Just look at the last eight years. If we Dems find it easy to frustrate Republican ideas in the future one reason will be that we have learned from such good teachers.

21. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

Can he do that without the support of congress? If any programs are dismantled it'll be the doings of the republican congress, yes? Trump can only make suggestions.

What he can do is reverse executive orders president Obama put in place since. President Obama made a mistake by using EOs (and bypassing congress) since EOs don't need congressional approval to be implemented or reversed.

22. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

By being an open Trump supporter and voter, you are calling me a "menace to this country" and the same as "Snowden is?" I just want to understand the personal attack you appear to be launching in a new thread against all Trump supporters and the 60,000,000+ million Americans who voted for him. Am I correct in how I read you OP message?

23. Aleksander Ulyanov

Historically, Empires destroy themselves by being Empires, and of all the peoples who should never have founded an Empire Americans are the major example; our every ideal and belief, indeed, our very existence, is absolutely antithetical to the whole idea and concept.

24. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Dismantling programs is by definition "doing something new," isn't it?

25. cupAsoup

cupAsoup Well-Known Member

There's a difference between a constitutional scholar and an orange idiot with a twitter account. Clearly, you don't know the difference.