Report: Trump Has Chosen His Secretary of State.....

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by MMC, Dec 10, 2016.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Well.....Trump has picked his SOS. I think this is his first mistake in making a selection. This guy does have ties to the Russians and will definitely draw heat from not only Demos.....but from Repubs to. I would hope he doesn't get confirmed as Romney and Bolton are the next two choices. In which Romney isn't looked upon favorably. Andrea Mitchell of NBC and MSDNC is breaking it out. Which I hope Trump would have tricked her. What say ye?

[​IMG]

The contest for the most talked about role in Donald Trump's administration has reportedly ended. The president-elect Donald Trump has chosen Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson for secretary of state, according to NBC News' Andrea Mitchell.

Ilyas Kirmani
    ✔ @ilyasKirmani BREAKING: Sources tell @mitchellreports Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson will be Secretary of State. @NBCNightlyNews
    12:08 PM - 10 Dec 2016

After Rudy Giuliani withdrew from the race, the frontrunners for secretary of state - other than Tillerson - were Mitt Romney and former UN ambassador John Bolton.

Tillerson became president of Exxon in 2004 and, as many media outlets are pointing out, he has a close relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin.....snip~

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...mp-has-chosen-his-secretary-of-state-n2258141

2. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Rex Wayne Tillerson (born March 23, 1952) is an American businessman and is the chairman and CEO of Exxon Mobil Corporation, the fifth largest company by market capitalization.

Ties with Russia

Tillerson has close ties with Vladimir Putin; the two men have been associates since Tillerson represented Exxon’s interests in Russia during Boris Yeltsin's premiership.[12] John Hamre, the president and CEO of the Center for Strategic and International Studies(for which Tillerson is a board member), states that Tillerson "has had more interactive time with Vladimir Putin than probably any other American with the exception of Henry Kissinger."

In 2011, Tillerson, on behalf of ExxonMobil, signed a deal to develop oil fields in the autonomous region of Kurdistan. The agreement was in defiance of Iraqi law, which forbids companies from dealing directly with Kurdistan.

Tillerson is also a trustee for the Center for Strategic and International Studies and the American Petroleum Institute, and is a member of the Business Roundtable.

Political views

Opposition to sanctions

Tillerson has stated that “We do not support sanctions, generally, because we don’t find them to be effective unless they are very well implemented comprehensively and that’s a very hard thing to do”......snip~

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Tillerson

On this one.....its like said, I hope he isn't confirmed. Johnny Quest McCain will lead the charge against with this one.

3. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Every authoritarian needs a bogeyman. For the Democrats it is the Russians.

4. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

It wont just be the Democrats.....Repubs will oppose this guy to. His ties to Putin are to direct. He can't handle the Asians and I doubt he can read thru the Europeans BS.

Helping the Kurds was his only good point.

5. spotdogg

spotdogg New Member

Wow...So much for 'draining the swamp'...:roflol:

6. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

Trump made his first mistake when he brought on the FIRST CEO. Bring in a clueless businessman when you could have brought on someone who's walked the walk, and talked the talk.

7. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am optimistic about this.

The fact that he is a trustee for the Center for Strategic and International Studies tells me that he is not a foreign policy amateur. His history as a CEO of a company is also a plus in my book because he will be overseeing the operations of a department with 69,000 employees and a budget of $69.5 billion. Furthermore, I don't think it is fair to imply disloyalty to the USA just because he has had a relationship with Putin over the years. Successful CEOs have to be good communicators, team builders, and tough negotiators when they need to be.

I say, give him a chance.

I'd bet he's gonna be a helluva lot better than what we've got now.

My two cents ... :oldman:

8. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

I've just read the same surface stuff on the net as everybody else but it
    looks like Tillerson would be a good choice if Trump's foreign policy
    is to do some form of rapprochement with Russia. He's worked with
    Putin and understands the politics of energy well, which is the baseline
    of a lot of foreign policy.

9. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. Goodness, they're the ones who always say they don't want to go back to the past, but they still act like the cold war is raging. They probably still hate the Brits, too.

Get over it, libbies! Even old Cankles wanted to kiss and make up, but didn't know how to spell RESET.

[video=youtube;9sudCmrAsF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sudCmrAsF4[/video]

10. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

Didn't president Obama say something about a Russian reset? No one criticized him for that. Why is president elect Trump taking heat for his attempt at a real Russian reset? Trump's not just saying the words, he's acting on what he says.

I can't imagine president Trump doing worse than president Obama when it comes to Russia. Russia took the Crimean peninsula, threatens to invade eastern Ukraine and is currently bombing Syrian civilians to bits and what's Obama doing about it?

Maybe Trump and his pro Russian cabinet can negotiate with Russia to bring peace. We know from past experience Clinton would be more likely to start a war and Obama would continue to do nothing.

I preferred Bolton but that's mostly because I know about him. I know nothing about this guy Trump picked so I'll just have to trust him until I see otherwise.

11. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Trump is naming people he thinks can handle the job. Lets not second guess his choices until we see how well they perform. I think this guys experience with Russia is an asset. Lefties 'feelings' aren't part of the equation in Trump's decisions. Let em melt down, it's winter, we can use the heat. ;)

12. Genius

Genius Active Member

Awesome pick! Someone who both gets respected and feared. Someone who will back up his words.

13. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

One has to hope that this is a joke, a very sick joke. This guy has business dealings with Russians so close that he could be a conjoined twin of the POS Putin. Bolton would be be better than this piece of human s.....!

I was hoping that LICE would at Keats pick some true patriotic Americans but other than 2 of the 3 generals and maybe that lightweight Niki Haley his picks are duspicabke, deplorable, and harmful to America.

Seriously folks come on a wrestling broad and stab his mom HUD Boy preceded by POS Sessions from Alabama. That not even the bottom of the barrel that is what crawls and lives under the barrel.

14. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

Other news sources have only said he's a front runner to be chosen.

15. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

Someone who us friends with and dies bysiness with Russians our enemy is not an "awesome " pick.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not give a rats ass hiw your lefties feelings are what AI care about us how this PIS will sell our country fawn the drain.

16. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Someone please tell me what swamp has been drained.

17. rammstein

The biggest turd in the swamp punchbowl was drained on Nov 8.

Patience CJ. Patience. More will come.

18. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

You are correct. More turds will come!

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct. More turds will come!

19. rammstein

Correction again. More turds have already come. Rex Tillerson looks like the "Gold Standard" compared
    to the last two holders of this office.

FORBES: 8 Reasons Exxon's Rex Tillerson Could Succeed As Secretary of State --

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenrw...d-succeed-as-secretary-of-state/#7c209c606b24

20. Genius

Genius Active Member

Can someone please translate?

21. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sorry, no war with Russia. Clinton lost.

It is amazing how the Democratic Party has become a particularly radical pro-war and neocon political party. It will be interesting to see if there is any chance traditional Democrats can retake the Democratic Party from the warmongers, neocons and global elitists.

22. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump was elected by 'We The People' let's let him do the job!! Time will tell..if he screws up...You can bet the MSM harpies will descend like the flying monkeys in the Wizard of OZ.

23. Triarius

Triarius Banned

Trump has made some more mistakes actually:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;565oSIDAtRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=565oSIDAtRE[/video]

24. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes the party needs to be taken back from these treasonous Clinton, corporate democrats. But even their losses has not wakened them up. They will have to purge these neoliberal neocons and replace them. Then their supporters, their establishment voters will have to find themselves a neocon, neoliberal 3rd party to affiliate with for the new democrats will not represent their treasonous interests.

25. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah and Obama appointed Hillary.....which was a POLITICAL appointment....No experience and a failed Russian reset....Not to mention Benghazi, Libya and the crappy Iranian nuke deal.