Milosevic for all of us?

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by spt5, Dec 11, 2016.

1. spt5

spt5 New Member

This may be ancient history now, but in the 1990s Milosevic was Serbia's last communist dictator, who was executed for war crimes in The Hague after he cleansed the Albanian ethnicity in Kosovo.

But the question is, would he have even been charged if he had done it without being a communist and a Russian ally? Also, does Europe in the 21st century mandate every country to put in power its own Milosevic?

We can observe, that the desire for borders and border controls has now a revival in Europe, especially obviously after the UK's brexit. If we reintroduce the borders, then we cut through the middle of people's villages and towns, and preventing them from continuing their businesses, farms, or even seeing their wives/families. This is guaranteed to raise a Milosevic in every European country soon. Then Europe will enter a nationalistic civil war chaos, like every neighbor of the European Union is now having a sectarian civil war chaos.

Discuss.

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I just want to be clear on your meaning. Are you saying that a post Brexit like return to national borders, such as would happen if the EU were to collapse, would lead to the rise of Milosevic's in all these countries? I just want to be clear I understand your argument.

3. Balancer

Balancer Well-Known Member

I welcome you, the inhabitant of the parallel Universe!

And that in our Universe everything was slightly more interesting:

4. spt5

spt5 New Member

Yes and I know that that is what you'd like.

5. spt5

spt5 New Member

Milosevic or Karadzic, the exact names are just semantics, the point is that history is about to repeat itself and not only in Serbia this time. It is possible that that is not such a bad thing though.

6. Lil Mike

OK I understand you even less than I did before.

7. spt5

spt5 New Member

Okay. When you invent new borders, you induce ultra nationalistic ethnic cleansing. This was done against Hungarians when Austria-Hungary was replaced with new borders. And more recently, the same happened when Yugoslavia was replaced with new borders. This is what brought in Milosevic and Karadzic in Kosovo. Soon there will be new borders again as a result of the collapse of the EU. Although the EU encourages border conflicts as is even without the nationalistic exits, because the EU encourages national language laws.

8. Lil Mike

OK you lost me at "new borders." No one is talking about that.

9. spt5

spt5 New Member

Any country that finds itself outside the EU means a new border, because the EU single travel zone demands that you close your external borders whilst take down your internal borders. Brexit too is the creation of a new border. The east European countries are eager to make new borders because their economic plan is usually based on ethnic cleansing, and was successful this way ever since 1920, when Yugoslavia was created.

10. Lil Mike

So in other words, no EU equals ethnic cleansing and war.

OK, I see I've wasted my time coming to this thread.

11. spt5

spt5 New Member

It's not that black and white. We are talking about increasing likelihoods here. If everybody begins inventing borders, then there will be enough people who won't like it. Is that impossible?

12. Lil Mike

No one is talking about "inventing" borders. I think your understanding of the issue is exactly backwards.

13. spt5

spt5 New Member

Why? Every border in and around the former Austria-Hungary is an invention. This means most borders in Europe, because Western Europe has a lot fewer borders. Also, Serbia is fairly in this category.

14. Lil Mike

Since you mention Serbia, Yugoslavia had a civil war until they ended up with borders that more closely matched their ethnic groups. Austria-Hungary's old borders were far less representative of ethnic groups; in fact the newer borders more closely match that. Even today in countries all over Europe, differing groups in countries have independence movements. The closer the borders match the groups living within them, the less likely you'll get civil war.

15. spt5

spt5 New Member

What I would like to bet for is that Hungary takes back its lands from its neighbors. As per European statistics, half of Hungarians live on the wrong side of the borders of Hungary. Do you think that the EU will sanction a deportation of Hungarians so that this doesn't happen? Hungarians live as far as central Romania. And they are not even immigrants. Very interesting geo political situation. Quite like the Serbs in Kosovo and the Russians in Crimea.

16. spt5

spt5 New Member

I think we need to start a new oppression onlympics in Europe. I want to put the Kosovar Albanians at the pol position. You?

17. Kaiser Wilhelm III

Kaiser Wilhelm III New Member

He was not ethnically cleansing, he was putting down an armed insurrection. Yet another example of the west allying with Islam as a tool to impose the globalist agenda.

18. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

If you are referring to Slobodan Milosevic please note that he died of illness in prison and was not executed. My understanding is that after his death he was declared not guilty because he did not have a direct role in the executions.

So why did he die in prison?

Not because he was a communist but because he was European and because his arrest was a result of NATO action. Fascist dictators in Central & Latin America & Africa have had far greater roles in ethnic/racial genocide. But the international courts look the other way and don't give a blip about all those deaths. As usual, politics, not principle, are the reason for international actions of this kind.