Electoral College Revolt Growing Into 'Powerful Show of Force'

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by resisting arrest, Dec 14, 2016.

1. resisting arrest

resisting arrest Well-Known Member Past Donor

Far from uniting the country, Trump and his flunkeys are creating huge divisions. Even though the Republicans control the house and thereby will confirm Trump's "victory, the idea of the electoral revolt is to symbolically show that Trump has no mandate. Symbols have a lot of political leverage these days. Trump will inaugurate his administrations under huge dark clouds.

With the Electoral College vote less than a week away, Harvard University constitutional law professor Lawrence Lessig says 20 Republican members are considering voting against Donald Trump—more than half the number needed to potentially block the real estate mogul's election.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/12/14/electoral-college-revolt-growing-powerful-show-force

2. WertyFArmer

WertyFArmer Well-Known Member

They have not seen riots, like the ones that would pour out across the nation if they block Trump. I know several people who would see this as the last straw.....

I guess technically it would not be a riot, it would be a full on rebellion.

3. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

The proof of the OP is an anonymous source on a "progressive" blog. :roflol:

The blog also acknowledges the goal is not to block Trump, but to undercut his legitimacy. In short, it is just another false production for the corporate propaganda media and press outlets of the global super rich.

4. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh please. The electors currently driving this crap include Pelosi's daughter, from democrat states Trump didn't even win.

No one is buying it.

Next.

5. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Banned

"Fake news", how much you wanna bet they all vote like normal?

6. War is Peace

War is Peace Banned

Now we know why the Left has been trying so hard to kill the 2nd Amendment.

I'm thankful the Founding Fathers created a mechanism to protect us from snowflakes throwing temper tantrums. If enough electors change their vote, the election then gets decided in the House of Representatives which has a Republican majority. I look at the bright side:
    1. Millennials will get the education concerning the Constitution which they obviously didn't get in school.
    2. The Left will go down in flames as they hold a magnifying glass to their own hypocrisy.
    3. Trump might stop being forgiving and magnanimous and decide he's been given enough reason to strike back. (special prosecutor for Hillary? - investigate the Clinton foundation? - investigate debate gate? - etc)

I pray that CNN and others keep it up. Even the most hardened zealots will eventually turn away from the hate and lies.

7. MrNick

MrNick Banned

It would be a declaration of war against the people and democracy via elitists and the establishment.

It would be a civil war...

8. MrNick

MrNick Banned

In some states they have to vote for who won the state.

I just cant see a situation in which the voters are undermined...

Patriots would go bananas and all hell would break loose.... It would be pretty bad.

9. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

A court in Colorado is forcing two of the Clinton electors whom want to vote for Trump, to stay with her and reject their arguments they do not want her as president.

10. StillBlue

StillBlue Well-Known Member

Amazing, liberals have peaceful marches, albeit infiltrated by anarchists and they get called everything in the book. At the possibility of the electoral college Constitutionaly not electing Trump were told all but the second amendment becomes null and void. That's a serious disconnect .

11. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Banned

They are just milking the drones. People are warming up to trump

12. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Absolutely.

If they can strip the 2A, they can strip us of everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahaha you said "peaceful marches".

That was a good one!

13. MrNick

MrNick Banned

I agree, but I could see maybe a couple of electorates swaying from the pack...

Sobeit if they want to alienate themselves - because that's what they will be doing. They're probably trying to suck up to the establishment thinking they're going to get some position if they stick with the RINO's.

14. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

"Anarchists" - ah yes, the term that some Democrats use on their fellow Democrats who do something to embarrass their movement.

15. For Topical Use Only

For Topical Use Only Well-Known Member

Suicide missions.

Ever seen how a brutal, militarised, apolitical state deals with proper violence from the citizenry? Yeah, that. To the max. It's America, it's always to the max.

16. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why would conservatives have cause to riot? They've been telling us for weeks now about how the electoral college is the constitutional system in place and have staunchly defended it.

The electoral college was set up precisely to protect the country from pathological liars and utterly amoral con men and foreign influences. The electors would not only be doing nothing wrong, but would be doing their constitutional duty to elect Clinton instead of Donald.

17. Iriemon

Right. The election system has been bastardized from what the founders intended from a system where independent electors voted their conscience to protect the country from con men and charlatans and foreign influence, to one where establishment party lacky politicians vote party lines.

Trump will be selected because the establishment party elite will select him against the will of almost 3 million more voters who voted for Clinton.

Which is pretty ironic, considering Donald was supposedly the "anti-establishment" candidate.

Face it Trump supporters. You've been conned and duped by a charlatan.

18. WertyFArmer

WertyFArmer Well-Known Member

They wouldn't be conservatives and the only cause they would need is the notion that an election won by the nationalist was stolen by the elites.

19. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why didn't I think of this? I should have started a fund raising campaign promising to pursue getting electors to vote against the voters of their state's wishes. I might have been able to raise millions!

Then I could travel the country staying at the finest hotels and eating the most expensive meals, flying on private charter jets, all paid for by those contributions - for the purpose of trying to talk to electors at each location. For money left over, I could continue to travel in luxury, making sure to give some 20 minute talk at any social club on the topic saying it is to issue the integrity of the system in the next election. Oh, of course it is certainly allowed to pay myself a salary for this effort and it certainly could pay for relatives and friends to come along as staff members.

Surprised Stein didn't make this her plan B when her plan A attention whoring predictably failed.

20. Iriemon

Who are you claiming needs a math election. Nobody said that 20 changed electors would be sufficient.

I always get a kick out of posts that insult other members while proving that it is the poster who most appropriately fits the insult.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about?

The only election that counts hasn't happened yet.

21. In The Dark

In The Dark Well-Known Member

Bring it.

I didn't vote for that POS but I'll defend the system that elected him with my life.

vman12 likes this.
  22. Iriemon

Funny, they are the ones defending the system of election by elites.

Being a conservative is full of ironies.

23. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

You realize this thread is one of those discussions that will be bumped repeatedly after Trump easily wins the electoral college vote. Just like all those "Clinton landslide" threads were bumped.

I see the republicans are already setting up the open bar over there in the corner.

24. Iriemon

That system hasn't elected Donald.

If you want to defend the system with your life because you think it is great, then you defend whomever the the electors select. Including if it is Clinton.

25. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

Aren't the elites the people who live in the large coastal cites? The ones who voted for Clinton? I've never heard of those in middle America referred to as elites. Maybe you're referring to the electors? Well, the electors come from LOCAL party members. For instance the Kansas electors come from Kansas. Are people from Junction City Kansas known as elites?