Dark cloud of illegitimacy hangs over Donald Trump’s pending presidency

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Fisherguy, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

This originally appeared on Robert Reich’s blog, and bears repeating. Things are not right with Trump's "election." It's time for electors to take a serious look at what is going on....

A dark cloud of illegitimacy hangs over the pending presidency of Donald Trump. Consider:

1. The CIA has concluded that Russia intervened in the election in order to help Trump become president. The secret CIA assessment found that Russian operatives covertly interfered in the election campaign in an attempt to ensure the Republican candidate’s victory.

2. Trump has close business ties to Russian oligarchs, friends of Putin, who have financed his projects and, presumably, also lent billions of dollars to Trump’s enterprises — which may explain why Trump won’t disclose his tax returns, which would show evidence of these deals.

3. Several of Trump’s key campaign aides have close ties to Putin — including his former campaign manager, Paul Manafort. Manafort was a longtime consultant to Viktor Yanukovich, the Russian-backed president of Ukraine who was overthrown in 2014 and who has done multi-million-dollar business deals with Russian oligarchs. Between 2007 and 2012, Manafort received some $12.7 million in cash payments from a pro-Russian political party in Ukraine. Trump’s foreign policy advisor, Michael Flynn, flew to Moscow last year to attend a gala banquet celebrating Russia Today, the Kremlin’s propaganda channel, and was seated at the head table near Putin.

5. Trump has picked for Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil, who is also close to Putin. In 2013, Putin awarded Tillerson the Order of Friendship, one of the highest honors Russia gives to foreign citizens. Tillerson came up through the ranks at Exxon by managing the company’s Russia account. After becoming CEO, Exxon bet billions on Russia’s vast oil resources through a partnership with Russian oil giant Rosneft, owned partly by the Kremlin. Putin himself attended the 2011 signing ceremony for the deal. Russia has already indicated it would welcome Tillerson being named America’s top diplomat.

6. Trump was defeated in the actual voting by a startling — and still growing — 2,676,670 votes. Clinton’s popular vote victory margin is now 2 percent, thus handing Trump the largest defeat suffered by a candidate elevated to the presidency by the Electoral College in modern history.

The dark cloud of illegitimacy continues to grow darker.

Before the Electors submit their ballots for president next week, Trump must release his tax returns and the CIA must make public its report on Russia’s intervention in the U.S. elections in support of Trump.

PeppermintTwist likes this.
  2. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

"and still growing — 2,676,670 votes."

Still growing? How?
    Are there polling stations on the southern boarder with Mexico?

Edit to add... Only some democrats see the election as illegitimate. Most people see Trump as the legitimate president elect, even if they don't want him as president.

That dark cloud you see looks like the MSNBC logo.

3. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Fake news.

The CIA hasn't concluded anything. Leftists media is claiming they did but there is no proof. The CIA itself doesn't want to release any proof. Every other intelligence agency has denied what Leftist media is saying.

Conspiracy theory.

A global business man of Trump's caliber has dealings with nations other than America, surprise surprise.

Conspiracy theory.

With a minimal amount of degrees of separation you can connect any person to any other person. This is evidence of nothing but the sort of innuendo that nutters feed upon.

Conspiracy theory.

Again, degrees of separation.

Unprovable and inconsequential.

The investigations, audits, and recounts that have already occurred have shown the count can easily be wrong. Without a full audit of every single vote there is technically no way to say who beat who and by how much. Until that occurs, which it won't, one can only estimate. And of course it doesn't matter in the end because that's not how our election works.

4. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

You're right there. That was messed up and I thought those people doing it were foolish. And yes I thought Trump was foolish for leading the charge. I rolled my eyes every time that story came up.

If he were I would care but I'm positive Trump isn't "in bed" with them. He wasn't in on the hacking. As I posted somewhere else in detail- while the Russian people are happy Trump won, Putin himself didn't plan on Trump being the beneficiary of Clinton losing and isn't as excited as people think. Putin can't just run over Trump, Bolton, Mattis and Tillerson like he could president Obama. Putin will find further expansion to be tough going under the Trump administration.

Seriously? You're going to attack his wife? What, do you think she's a Russian KGB spy? Well then I guess it's a good thing that she's not moving into the White House right away. Russians have very maternal spies I guess. They care more for their kids education than they do in digging up secret information while living in the White House.

5. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

It's spelled "border" not "boarder" you nit.

If you want to know why the count keeps growing then read this .....

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/22/50305...ion-day-california-continues-counting-ballots

Thankfully California isn't a toss up state or America wouldn't have its election results for weeks.

6. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

Wait, did I just quote myself??

7. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

I do not consider myself liberal or conservative, so no. Perhaps you have not seen the recent news but this Russian hacking meme is collapsing.

8. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton took money from the Russians and sold them 20% interest in US Uranium,
    and you claim Trump is in bed with Putin? Get real! Obama tells the Russians he'll be
    more flexible after his re-election, and then they invade Crimea? How is that for flexible?
    He didn't do anything! We've already had our first woman president and his name is
    BARACK OBAMA!

The Russians didn't hack Podesta, and Clinton is at fault for her own email fiasco and
    crimes. Trump won legitimately. And he wasn't born in Kenya.

9. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

10. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

And a dark cloud of stupidity hangs over every progressive who posts ridiculous things.

11. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

12. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Trump won. You lost. He IS the president. No amount of (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)ing will change that. Get. The. Hell. Over. It.

13. Denizen

Denizen Well-Known Member

Shouldn't we wait to pass judgment until we are certain all Russian votes for POTUS candidates have been lodged?

14. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

I'm sure you also want to wait for all the illegitimate votes from illegals and what not to be vetted as well, right?

15. Denizen

Denizen Well-Known Member

Please submit them now.

16. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

That is a very sexist comment. How am I supposed to explain to my kids that people still think like this in 2016?

Apologise.

17. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

Seems like that dark cloud of illegitimacy has settled over the CIA and Obama. Really bites to post your latest conspiracy as truth right before it blows up in your face doesn't it?

18. In The Dark

In The Dark Well-Known Member

Mods: Pease move this to the Whiny Crybaby Sore Loser Forum.

19. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hahahha. Obama was caught on open mic helping russia...want the video of actual reality or do you prefer tin foil hat full bore nutter trump isnt the legitimate president elect kinda stuff?

20. AlphaOmega

Honestly they need to create a safe space section for these crybabies spoil brats who refuse to be adults and accept trump won fair and square. This is supposed to be a political forum not an extension of the fake news the left tries to push onto people. We need to begin notifying and getting these moved to at least the conspiracy section where the nutter stuff belongs.

21. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oops, the CIA refuses to brief congress over the Russian hack, why? Liberals are such pathetic liars when it comes to getting their asses handed to them in an election. I suppose you also think the Russians contributed to the overwhelming majority of states who have republican governors, not to forget the democrats haven't had such low numbers since the 1920's

22. AlphaOmega

Maybe you missed it, they refuse to come before congress and present the evidence. This is more obama infection of the cia like he did the fbi and doj. Good news though...that dirty mother (*)(*)(*)(*)er will be gone in just about a month. Shortly after that you can expect these govt agencies to experience a scouring to root out exactly who these corrupt individuals are. We know comey and lynch are ..... Theres more.

23. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

Libs are no better than the Nazi Brown Shirts----thugs and goons who are trying to steal this election from Trump any way possible because they can't handle defeat after their propaganda outlet MSM assured them that Hills would win. They are disgraceful!

24. ButterBalls

ButterBalls Well-Known Member

Flexibility :)

25. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

Left trying to steal the election from the voters, based on a crazy theory of Rooskie Mind Rays activating out work coal miners, so they can install the fat little kleptocrat that promised to put a lot of coal miners out of work.

Sad!

Things will be better with Trump, by his 3rd year, the first two are going to be very rough as he pulls our nation off the crazy zero interest rate policies. Mad Muttering Democrats will be no help.

[​IMG]