It is a dangerous time to have a child

Discussion in 'Other Off-Topic Chat' started by Balto, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

While I have always advocated for people to consider the basic "ABC" move (Adoption Before Conception) before deciding to go all the way without condoms, there are people out there who rather would want to keep the maternal wards and stores busy. But, it is a dangerous time to have a child.. Astronomers have predicted that earth will come in contact with a fairly-big asteroid twice in the 2030's, the first in 2036 and the second in 2039, if the first time around is a near miss. That would mean children born today would be reaching 20 or a little after when a potential collision with a asteroid similar to what took out the dinosaurs, came around.

While Trump isn't as bad as a asteroid impact, he will come and go, his presence to the end of this decade definitely does not help. There are more cons than pros to having children at the moment. To anyone who is expecting, or has recently had a child, know the next generation is to experience threats both politically and from beyond the Stratosphere. Aside from a rock penetrating into our orbit, we are overdue for a catastrophic, volcanic eruption, like Yellowstone-levels. To anyone who did not come in contact with serious radiation poisoning, or were killed instantly, this eruption would surely cause another Ice Age.

Getting the picture here? Having a kid is NOT a smart move, I go to Walmart, I go to Target, I see these mothers with strollers, with car-seats in their carts, and I am like, "What are you thinking? Don't you know this is one of the WORST times to have a child, not to mention the toll it takes financially and physically on oneself?" Now, more than ever, if you want a child, the smartest move is to adopt, and not to conceive. Someone born from within the last decade.

Now is not the time to go into labor, let alone bring another life into the world.

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I agree that if you think you shouldn't have a child, you shouldn't have one. In fact, based on what you've written, the only really moral course for you to take is to have yourself sterilized.

It's the only way to save the planet.

3. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

I never married because I didn't want to be a yukky family man with a wife and noisy smelly kids, I live alone and it's great..:)

4. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

What if the asteroid misses earth, and the U.S. survives Trump? What if it's actually better because of Trump?

I love being a father. I love being a grampa. I wouldn't trade that for anything, and I mean anything.

Do what you want in life. But don't let politics guide those decisions.

And asteroids are something we have no control over. Life comes and goes anyway.

So live life. Do not let fear be your guide.

:oldman:

5. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Give up the SJW and you might find someone willing to procreate with you too.

6. atheiststories

atheiststories Active Member

You going to take that OP? I think you should knock up his mother.

7. Maindawg

Maindawg Account closed at members request

When I was a kid , we got like 4 vaccinations . Now days they pump kids with dozens of vaccinations. They put chips in kids now too. I think there are many autistic children. Like one in sixty. It's very alarming. We live in a toxic dystopia. The prospect of having a child in this day is frightening.
    There are so many children in foster care . I used to work for the school with special needs children. It seems to me that they are in the practice of jailing children these days. They give a kid 90 days in lock up for truancy. They arrest children for fighting. They put cops in schools and arrest children for doing dumb stuff that children do. Stuff we used to do like slingshots and spitballs. We were bad but we did not belong in jail. Just grounded once in a while.
    They are conditioning children for prison. That is where they expect foster children to end up.

It will cost over a million dollars to raise a child in this century .