Playing Catch-Up

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Satonam, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Satonam

Satonam Member

Greetings,

For the longest time, I have neglected anything that had to do with politics and the outside world -mostly because I was a disinterested high schooler with no vision or foresight. It wasn't until I started college that I mysteriously began to care, but even then I kept pushing it off because I wanted to focus on my career first. Therefore, I have decided that joining an online forum would be the best way to surround myself with informed individuals, gain insight into various beliefs, become gradually informed about the complexity of human society on a global scale, and develop an opinion with well thought out arguments.

I study engineering, however, I want to be more than just an engineer. I want to be an involved citizen with some kind of political influence. I want to be in a position where I am able to innovate like Elon Musk, but at the same time, take an active role in helping improve more countries than my own.

2. Falena

Falena Cherry Bomb Staff Member Past Donor

Hello Satonam.

Welcome to the forum.

3. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

Greetings, [MENTION=73214]Satonam[/MENTION]

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.

I have found that there are four basic types of people here:

1) Partisan cheerleaders for the left, who will try to spin every issue to favor democrats and/or to discredit republicans,
    2) Partisan cheerleaders for the right, who will try to spin the opposite way from the above,
    3) Trolls, who only seek to inflame anger, but never add anything of substance, and
    4) Seekers of truth, who will try to absorb all sides, and make some sense of it all.

We need more of #4. :)

So, put on your asbestos bloomers, and jump in!

4. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

Good for you mate, and remember we already have tremendous influence by using our votes wisely..:)

rifle [​IMG]

5. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Welcome aboard. This is a great forum filled with some really intelligent people. And then there's me

6. Satonam

Satonam Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I like to think of myself as a seeker of truth. Although I may have more liberal tendencies, I can't exactly claim to be one; It's all about what makes sense to each individual and what they prioritize. In the end, we're all striving for the same thing, right?

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to PF. Personally I think this is a great way to introduce yourself to politics and to get involved. That's actually how I started. I began with lurking around first(that's right everyone, you heard me! And I saw everything). After a few months I signed up.

What's great about this place is your exposed to multiple ideas and views as opposed to just joining an affiliation and only getting one side. I look forward to seeing you around. If you stick with it then you'll love this place.