Former Chandler school assistant arrested on child molestation charges

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by sec, Dec 21, 2016.

1. sec

sec Well-Known Member

http://www.12news.com/news/local/va...rested-on-child-molestation-charges/375451605

HYPERLINK has full story

snip

A former junior high school employee was arrested Tuesday after two male victims accused him of molesting them when they were children......................................

Guest was an assistant at Andersen Junior High School in the Chandler Unified School District............

Police also said he was a youth basketball referee in the area during that time.

He's at Maricopa County Jail facing six counts of child molestation, three counts of sexual conduct with a minor, two counts of kidnapping and one count of sexual assault.

end snip

Once again we see a man who is entrusted to look out for the welfare of our children use said position to ply his pedophile craft.

Each time I see stories about teachers or school employees treat their job like a sexual buffet line, it makes me wonder what can we do to better profile or check on all employees and applicants to schools? We must protect the children first and foremost.

Would it not make sense to use established facts about proclivities to vett candidates and existing employees? Yes, it might upset some special interest groups but how can we better screen people who are tasked with the welfare of our children?

2. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

He's innocent until proven guilty.

3. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

I'm sure this guy was screened. The problem is you can't stop somebody until after he's been caught. This is hopefully, the first time he did something, and they caught him then. We don't have mindreading machines. Also, pedophiles, naturally, are attracted to jobs like that. I'm just curious if anybody around him saw any signs of it. I'm a former teacher and a current Boy Scout leader. I'm always watching the people I'm with, to make sure they aren't doing anything wrong. I haven't personally noticed anything, but I am on the lookout. The only chance the kids have is if good adults are watching out for them.

4. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

preachers, teachers, coaches, anyone with access to kids is sadly a job Pedophiles love

5. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I am starting to doubt that.

6. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Of course he was screened, by which I mean a standard criminal background check was done on him. The problem is if he was never charged/convicted for anything, there is nothing to disqualify him. There is no commonly administered psychological screening that I know of for pedophiles.