Carrie Fisher suffers massive heart attack on plane

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by Space_Time, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Space_Time

Space_Time Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing anyone having posted this yet. Correct me if I'm wrong. Your thoughts?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/23/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-plane/
    CARRIE FISHER
    MASSIVE HEART ATTACK ON PLANE
    3,151 12/23/2016 1:13 PM PST
    EXCLUSIVE
    1223-carrie-fisher-tmz
    update_graphic_red_bar
    3:58 PM PT -- Carrie's brother, Todd, just told AP she's in stable condition.
    2:46 PM PT -- We're told when the plane landed paramedics worked on Carrie for 15 minutes with CPR before they were able to get a pulse. She's currently at UCLA Medical Center on a ventilator.update_grey_gray_barCarrie Fisher suffered a massive heart attack Friday on an airplane ... TMZ has learned.
    Our sources say Carrie was on a United flight from London to LAX when she went into cardiac arrest. People on board were administering CPR. United Airlines says its crew reported Carrie as "unresponsive" when they landed.
    We're told the emergency occurred 15 minutes before the plane landed in L.A. A flight attendant asked if there were any medical personnel on board and an EMT who was sitting in the back of the plane came up to first class and administered life-saving measures.
    Witnesses at LAX tell us Carrie's eyes were closed and she appeared unconscious as EMTs rushed her through the terminal. She had an oxygen mask on her face.
    The plane landed just after noon in L.A. and paramedics rushed her to a nearby hospital.
    Fisher, who became famous, of course, as Princess Leia from 'Star Wars,' has been on a book tour.

2. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Uncle Ferd thought she was a babe back inna day...
    :wink:
    Carrie Fisher in stable condition after medical emergency
    December 23, 2016 -- Carrie Fisher is in stable condition after suffering a medical emergency aboard a flight Friday.

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Uncle Ferd says she's Jamie Lee Curtis' half-sister...
    :confusion:
    Carrie Fisher: Friends and family wish recovery after heart attack
    24 December 2016 Friends, family and colleagues have sent best wishes to the actress Carrie Fisher, who is in intensive care after suffering a heart attack during a flight, her brother says.

4. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Banned

I never knew that! Huh.

5. usda_select

usda_select Active Member Past Donor

So sorry to hear of Ms. Fisher's passing. I'm sure she was a nice person though I didn't know her outside of her acting turns.

I've got to say, however, that the interviews that they are running now of her in recent days where she has her dog with her during the interaction are pretty disturbing. Not for what she says but how she says it. She seems to have dementia. When she died, they did the same thing with Norah Ephron and replayed recent interviews with her; she didn't seem to recall getting divorced or married for that matter. I am told by a few people that Lucille Ball and Liz Taylor looked to be in the same condition before their passing. One would think that someone would keep them out of the interview chair where they appear so dazed and confused.

Again, RIP Ms. Fisher.

6. Johnny Brady

Johnny Brady New Member

7. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

I never really followed her much but she was weird in every interview I ever saw of her.

8. usda_select

usda_select Active Member Past Donor

Hate to speak poorly of the deceased but yeah; not eccentric like Tom Cruise or Madonna or Kanye…just bizarre.

9. Space_Time

Space_Time Well-Known Member

It's spreading:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/carrie-fi...tal-fair-234505689--abc-news-celebrities.html

Good Morning America
    Carrie Fisher's Mother Debbie Reynolds Rushed to Hospital in 'Fair to Serious Condition'
    SABINA GHEBREMEDHIN and MICHAEL ROTHMAN,Good Morning America 8 minutes ago Comments Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

Debbie Reynolds was rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital on Wednesday, a source close to the actress confirmed to ABC News.

A representative for the Los Angeles Fire Department said that authorities responded at 1:02 p.m. PT to a medical aid request on the block where Reynolds, 84, has a home. LAFD transported an adult female in "fair to serious" condition to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, according to the LAFD rep.

On Tuesday, Reynolds addressed on Facebook the death of her daughter, actress Carrie Fisher, thanking friends and fans for their continued support. Earlier that day, Fisher died at the age of 60, four days after she suffered cardiac arrest while aboard a transatlantic flight.

Read: Carrie Fisher Opens Up About Mother Debbie Reynolds' 'Frail' Health
    Related: Debbie Reynolds Speaks Out After 'Beloved and Amazing' Daughter Carrie Fisher's Death
    Read: Debbie Reynolds on How Music 'Brought Her Through' Life
    "Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter," she wrote. "I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop. Love Carries Mother."

Reynolds' son, Todd Fisher, told ABC affiliate KABC Tuesday that the family was coming together to grieve their recent loss.

"My mother [Reynolds] is very strong right now and Billie, Carrie's daughter, is very strong ... we are all together now at this point," he said.

Reynolds has coped with her own health issues in the past, including what her son described as "a small stroke" last year.

Todd Fisher explained to ABC News this past summer that "when she was in the hospital and barely recovering from an operation, she had a small stroke."

In May, Carrie Fisher spoke to Entertainment Weekly and People magazine about her mother's health, calling her "frail."

"It's a lot of times terrifying watching my mother, who's incredibly resilient, coping with certain health issues that she's had," Fisher said at the time. "It’s the thing that gives her life, but it was also pulling it out of her, because she’d perform and then she’d have to recover. But this is someone who wants to go back and do it now. She became very ill and now she’s bouncing back."