Congress Moving to Cut U.S. Funding to U.N. in Wake of Anti-Israel Vote......

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by MMC, Dec 29, 2016.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Congress is already setting the stage to cut off U.S. funding to the United Nations in the wake of a contested vote last week in which the Obama administration permitted an anti-Israel resolution to win overwhelming approval, according to congressional leaders, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the current administration is already plotting to take further action against the Jewish state before vacating office.

Other punitive actions by Congress could include expelling Palestinian diplomats from U.S. soil and scaling back ties with foreign nations that voted in favor of the controversial measure, according to multiple sources who spoke to the Free Beacon about the situation both on and off the record.

With anger over the issue still roiling, leading members of Congress told the Free Beacon on Wednesday that they will not delay in seeking retribution against the U.N. for the vote. This could include cutting off U.S. funding for the U.N. and stripping the Palestinian mission’s diplomatic privileges.

Lawmakers also will work to rebuff further attempts by the Obama administration to chastise Israel on the international stage. This would include freezing funds that could be spent by the administration on further U.N. action.

“Obama went to the U.N. because a U.N. resolution is functionally irreversible by normal means,” added a veteran foreign policy insider who is currently working with the incoming Trump administration. “Obama’s goal was to eliminate any limited options that could be used to repair the damage to Israel, and he gambled that Trump and Congress would be too intimidated to use the remaining big stick options. He’s going to lose that gamble.”

“American leaders will now use exactly those options,” the source explained. “Everything is on the table, from systematically going after the U.N., to moving the U.S. embassy into parts of Jerusalem the U.N. says aren’t Israeli, to kicking the Palestinians out of Washington.”

“Members on both sides of the aisle are furious, so our response will be swift and forceful,” the second congressional source said. “With a Trump administration in place, any nation that seeks to delegitimize the Jewish state will need to answer to the United States.”.....snip~

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/congress-moving-cut-u-s-funding-un-wake-anti-israel-vote/

Now that is what is needed.....an indepth effort from both Demos and Repubs in humiliating Obama and shaming his ass. What say ye?

2. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Oh, and it looks like Biden did BO peeps dirty work with the UN. Even European reporters are validating Biden's phone calls.

3. Nordic Democrat

Nordic Democrat Well-Known Member

I'd vote in favor of this, however I would definitely NOT do so in favor of Israel.

It is literally amazing to me how anyone could support expansion of settlements who is an American first. However, I definitely believe we should not host the UN on our soil, or pay for it.

4. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

The settlement issue is nothing but a diversion.....The Palestinians walked away from the table over another reason. Land had nothing to do with it.

Oh and I agree.....maybe the UN can get China to build an island in the middle of the Atlantic.

5. Nordic Democrat

I think it should be in Bruxelles, or possibly The Hague. Though no country wants to host it, and as a NYer, it's a HUGE pain in the ass and we get zero benefit from it.

I don't care about Palestine OR Israel, our closest ally has always been England. We should remain neutral, or not be involved at all.

6. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

I don't blame them.....whoever hosts it should at the very least make them pay for protection.

Several Democrats and Repubs think we only need to let Israel and Palestine deal with their negotiations. We don't decide.....Nor does the UN. Problem is.....the Palestinians need someone to hold their hand.

7. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Neo-Zionist control is almost complete. :)

8. lemmiwinx

lemmiwinx Well-Known Member Past Donor

Anyone know why Obama has such a thing against Israel? Something from his father or Saul Alinsky perhaps? It seems a little odd to me because when did he ever live in a Jewish neighborhood or interact with Jewish folks.

9. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Not as complete as the Palestinians racism. Just sayin. :grin:

10. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

He don't like it that Netty......treats him like an abortion. :laughing:

11. Nordic Democrat

Or if it stays in NY, the city needs to be heavily, heavily compensated. Well, we certainly put our thumb on the scales in favor of Israel. Obama WASTED 30 something billion dollars on "security aid" for them. How about helping our own citizens with that money?

- - - Updated - - -

I want to know why some people have such a hard on for Israel. Like I mentioned before, England is our number one ally and closest friend, Canada and France close 2nd.

12. Deno

Deno Well-Known Member

US getting out of the un is long overdue.

I'm thinking it was Rush that said they all

look like the Star Wars bar scene.

Why should we pay them to screw US and our friends?

13. a777pilot

a777pilot Well-Known Member

The UN is a critically flawed organization. The sooner we leave the better. The UN needs to be disbanded and restarted without the major flaw, i.e., non-free and democratic nations are allowed in. That's like having a commission to fight crime and allowing the gangs and the mob to be part of the group. Just doesn't work.

14. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

I say Israel deserves condemnation.

15. kiwimac

kiwimac Well-Known Member

If the Israelis cannot keep their ultra-orthodox under control and act like grown ups then they get what they deserve.

16. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

http://mondoweiss.net/wp-content/up...ries-scaled-to-economic-aid-from-usa-a800.jpg

How about the we take it from the 1 Billion to Jordan, the 1.5 billion from Egypt and the 1.1 billion from Afghanistan

17. Deno

Deno Well-Known Member

Haters "gona" hate

18. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

I disagree.....and think the Palestinians need that (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)slap upside their domes and that we keep on being that generous to them. Until it clears out the illiberalness.

19. Nordic Democrat

Couldn't see the image for some reason, my computer blocked it.

Let's take ALL foreign aid back, we shouldn't be giving money to anybody at this point. Nobody gets money from us until employment is 100% and our citizens have living wage jobs and good educations.

20. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Map+of+aid+from+the+US+to+the+World&FORM=HDRSC2

Second row down.....from the left.

Hold that.....I got it.

[​IMG]

21. Nordic Democrat

22. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

I can accept all but Israel.....this way we make sure the Arabs aren't playing Hillary Clinton uhm I mean Slim shady. :grin:

23. Nordic Democrat

Israel doesn't need our money, they are a functioning democracy. Arabs aren't our enemy, fascist Islamists are. Cut all aid so we aren't being hypocritical. And if we do give aid to only one country it should be Mexico.

24. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Well not our money.....but they do need some of our military aid. The Arabs may not be our enemy......but they aren't our friends either, and many of them are our ally's enemy.

Mexico.....is to corrupt to be handing money over to them.

25. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

Liars: White House's Denials About Having Orchestrated Anti-Israel Vote Crumble

On the heels of the hotly contested resolution, which condemned Israel for building homes in its capital, Jerusalem, senior Obama administration officials, including Secretary of State John Kerry and Vice President Joe Biden, have been identified as leading the charge to ensure the anti-Israel measure won approval by the U.N. Security Council.

The administration's denials of this charge broke down during the past several days as multiple reporters confirmed the Obama administration worked behind-the-scenes to help shape and forward the resolution.

http://freebeacon.com/national-secu...nse-exposed-architect-anti-israel-u-n-action/