+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Painting of Cops as Pigs Hung Proudly in US Capitol

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBilly View Post
    Because it is my opinion not a historical painting, that is only your opinion.
    It is historically correct according to the DOJ report on Ferguson, that this is the way cops behaved.
    You're just making something up that pleases you the most.

The 3 black officers are then painted as racist also?
    Bit weird to have 3 albino wild boars on a painting.

maybe you would feel the same way of a painting depicting blacks murdering children and thousands of others in Chicago
    I don't know if dragging the Chicago police is such a good idea. They are known for massively destroying their own recording equipment so it remains totally unclear what they did. So officers like Richard Zuley were able to violently torture all kinds of suspects into convessions. Safe to say, the reputation of that police force rivals that of Ferguson.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RichT2705 View Post
    Ummmm...please keep up with the conversation
    Well the conversation is mostly about the Ferguson, and the DOJ report saying the police force is racist, hence the painting is historically correct.
    You dispute all that, but so far got no proof. And when asking for it, you claim it's not part of the conversation. Bit weird.
    So lets have it, or shush.

You're ok with it, since you think cops are pigs...I get it.
    Negative. I'm ok with it, because it's been put in the correct context of the policies of the officers.
    Please quote me correctly, instead of raping my opinion so it fits your agenda.

Don't know what you are trying to deflect out onto now, and don't care. never saw any Muslim cartoons hanging in the Capitol either.
    It doesn't matter. The US government supports those cartoons, just like the support the painting of the cops.
    That is what matters, that there is no hypocrazy. But go on and play dumb on this.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RichT2705 View Post
    No, "free speech" doesnt apply to a Painting having some "right" to be on a wall. Educate yourself a bit, and stop running to the well of "rights" where they don't exist.

The painter has a right to free speech, which means he can paint this or anything he wishes...this does not mean it is appropriate to hang anywhere.
    Stop being a hater of free speech. Just because the message may upset you. The whole purpose of free speech is to bring upsetting subjects into the debate forum.

As someone brought up earlier, does a artist have a right to draw muhammid? Does a newspaper have a right to print it? Does a muslim have a right to kill the painter or blow up the newspaper?
    Last edited by dairyair; Jan 11 2017 at 09:20 AM.
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall. D's and R's are united and the people are divided.
    WE THE PEOPLE, NOT We The Corporations, or We the Government. Hold our elected officials to this.

hard to believe in a time when we're facing a banking crisis that many of the banks created -- are still the most powerful lobby on Capitol Hill. And they frankly own the place,"

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zbr6 View Post
    Pfffff.

This is a thread about a piece of anti-police hate speech masquerading as art being pushed by the government.

I didn't care about that fabricated nonsense report from a pro-Black militancy DOJ then and I don't care about it now.
    It also seems it is being squashed by the gov't?
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall. D's and R's are united and the people are divided.
    WE THE PEOPLE, NOT We The Corporations, or We the Government. Hold our elected officials to this.

hard to believe in a time when we're facing a banking crisis that many of the banks created -- are still the most powerful lobby on Capitol Hill. And they frankly own the place,"

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PrincipleInvestment View Post
    I'm not going to defend the confederate flag, nor argue free speech. My point, is that if something offends a liberal it's social injustice, but not so much if it only offends conservatives. Where are the SJW lawsuits over this depiction creating a hostile work environment for policemen in the US capital? Saw some dressed in Klan robes at the Sessions confirmation hearing ... funny, normally they're pretty upset about Klan representations too ...
    How was the environment made hostile?

6. Default

The mere fact that Obama had a picture of pigs dressed as police officers in the white house shows how un-American he is. I hope this is a false story. I didn't read it.
    Pick up your rope and follow me, Air Assault infantry.
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -COL Sanders

Courage is not being fearless. It's doing the feared. REAPER 1/50

Tom Brady!!! Drive for 5!!!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by guavaball View Post
    lol What it means is that how you perceive yourself is immaterial to what you actually post. Wow. That had to be explained to you.

I go by your liberal postings that would (*)(*)(*)(*) you off. Are you saying you wouldn't mind it?

You are no different than the hypocrite liberal congressman who screamed for a Confederate monument to be torn down but claims this painting is free speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by guavaball View Post
    So you can't prove it. Not even with a single quote of mine. If you are going to accuse someone of doing something at least pretend you have something besides your own opinion to back you up.
    You're trying to tell someone how they'd feel, ie peed off, even after they said no.
    That's projecting your short comings.
    Last edited by dairyair; Jan 11 2017 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dairyair View Post
    Stop being a hater of free speech. Just because the message may upset you. The whole purpose of free speech is to bring upsetting subjects into the debate forum.

As someone brought up earlier, does a artist have a right to draw muhammid? Does a newspaper have a right to print it? Does a muslim have a right to kill the painter or blow up the newspaper?
    So Democrat free speech is pigs as policemen and klansmen at Congressional hearings. Keep it up. You are doing your party so much good. Apparently, some Democrat sympathizers disagreed with you in Garland, TX at the draw mohammed contest. They didn't like free speech and paid with their lives.
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

9. Likes guavaball liked this post
  10. Default

You're trying to tell someone how they'd feel, ie peed off, even after they said no.
    That's projecting your short comings.
    No its proving their laughable hypocrisy.

But of course you can't admit it. Watching someone scream about removing a monument they find offensive then defending something from being removed for being offensive is the heart of this hypocrisy. Not that you will ever admit it of course.

11. Default

First off, stop the emotional based nonsense. Secondly, I already illustrated why 'free speech" doesn't apply to what we are discussing.

Of course an artist can draw, and a newspaper those pictures. No one would say they cannot, however one would wonder why they would choose to. The second part is so ridiculous I'm not sure it really needs answering.

Shows you're out of ammo IMO.
    Leave it to the left, to think so little of Women...that they think all it takes to be one is a feeling and a change of clothes.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast