+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: Post your tough questions for an Atheist/Agnostic.

Quote Originally Posted by yardmeat View Post
    Again, you haven't gotten around to explaining why it is silly for the Egyptians to do the exact same thing that your Bible does.
    It's possible that aliens also visited the Egyptians and many other cultures around the world who did carvings and statues of them to "worship" as "gods", but Judeo-Christianity doesn't go in for worshipping carvings and stuff..
    God said- "Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good." (Jeremiah 10:5)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Brady View Post
    It's possible that aliens also visited the Egyptians and many other cultures around the world who did carvings and statues of them to "worship" as "gods", but Judeo-Christianity doesn't go in for worshipping carvings and stuff..
    God said- "Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good." (Jeremiah 10:5)

Statues were used to symbolize gods. They weren't gods themselves. Are you seriously suggesting that there are no statues of Jesus?
    "I do whine because I want to win and I'm not happy about not winning and I am a whiner and I keep whining and whining until I win." - Donald Trump . . . yes, that's an actual quote

Quote Originally Posted by yardmeat View Post
    Statues were used to symbolize gods. They weren't gods themselves. Are you seriously suggesting that there are no statues of Jesus?
    Yes there are, but nobody regards the statues as being Jesus himself!
    But heathen statues are worshipped as "gods", and given gifts of bananas and tooty fruities and stuff to keep them sweet..

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Brady View Post
    Yes there are, but nobody regards the statues as being Jesus himself!
    But heathen statues are worshipped as "gods", and given gifts of bananas and tooty fruities and stuff to keep them sweet..
    Shouldn't you be worshipping the Janner god?

Quote Originally Posted by William Rea View Post
    Shouldn't you be worshipping the Janner god?
    Nah mate, I'm not a genuine Janner (Plymouth citizen) because I've only lived here for 15 years, I was born and bred in Leicester and lived there for about 45 years.
    True Plymothians are basically hideous mutants descended from the witches and wizards who used to hang in depraved communities on Dartmoor 10 miles away during the Dark Ages.
    Eventually in more modern times they came down to the city and their female descendants are the miserable old cows who work in charity shops..

Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    As it seems there is a Christian thread meant to answer tough questions (and will not do so) I propose a like thread concerning the opposite. You might note the combined Atheist/Agnostic, this is to quell confusion as both terms apply equally when the Theist is involved.
    Tough questions for Atheists/Agnostics?

Two different categories. Anyway, probably I would ask not a "tough" question, but a very simple question:

no God [or irrelevant God, for Agnostics] means that there isn't a "Great Design" or a "Final Purpose" in our existence, so that we live just because we live. So ... why to live?
    Sapiens fingit fortunam sibi
    ["The wise man makes his fortune by himself" Tito Maccio Plauto]

Now I wonder if this life time have happening again. My last will was first time. Now I remember at least second time with my Macdonalds visit 1,5 miles from home in personnal car with friends we eat food in MacDonalds.

Second time it were this day from last time we living life. It was not this time well.

- - - Updated - - -

Second time I remember twice visit.

- - - Updated - - -

Even I am atheist I can remember this life.....
    1. Just little Sports.
    2. Legalize Cannabis.
    3. Military action.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AlpinLuke View Post
    Tough questions for Atheists/Agnostics?

Two different categories. Anyway, probably I would ask not a "tough" question, but a very simple question:

no God [or irrelevant God, for Agnostics] means that there isn't a "Great Design" or a "Final Purpose" in our existence, so that we live just because we live. So ... why to live?
    Why does not actually matter, now does it? Why is an arbitrary question and completely dependent on individual human mindset. And an Atheist can most certainly be agnostic....I am proof of this. Atheist as far as all the neat little God thingys we have created...Agnostic because ....who I don't "Know" about anything else.

I wonder it's 5th time we living life next time we live.

Or 1-3 billion in American time.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a Christian plus statistics. At least 1 billion.
    1. Just little Sports.
    2. Legalize Cannabis.
    3. Military action.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546