A few ideas

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by Laurence123, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Laurence123

Laurence123 Member

As a part of the U.S. foreign policy the people within Iraq and Afghanistan that have suffered during the current conflict as specially if they are non adults, the formulation of a monetary fund, a health and wellness construct, including educational grants be given to them due to their high risk of becoming enemies or enemy combatants. Our G.I. bills should be fortified with more monetary value and incentives. I also believe that that our military should be given the supplies and ability to operate on a level where they are up to date with their armaments. In our current overseas conflicts as specially within Afghanistan and Iraq the United States must repay in construction and maintenance their respective infrastructures that have been broken and destroyed. All terrorists recruitment websites should be taken down by our internet service providers including social media to prevent these behaviors wherever possible.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

Huh?

Well, of course never mind that huge numbers of terrorists have come from the upper classes. And terrorism was a way there decades before the US was ever even involved in the region.

And yea, I am sure that ISIS has a lot of web pages resting on US hosts.

3. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's best to look at Afghanistan and its people like the savages in North America. Some of the tribes/people were more civilized than others. Like the Muslims in the Northern Alliance, they were more like the Inuit and Cherokee tribes. Although all tribes had acted against their neighbors with barbaric brutality since the beginning of time, some were more apt to be civilized.

The Afghan "savages"---the Taliban, IS, and assorted backward Muslims---are not going to "go on the reservation" any time soon. Their whole culture and belief system is about destroying Western culture and ideas. Giving these people welfare and Obamacare is the last thing they need.

The savage Muslims there can only be brought to heel by brute force. Remember when Hillary said, "It take a village?" Well, each village, starting with village leaders, or elders, must demand everyone in their village or neighborhood denounce the Taliban. Burning the Taliban Flag in front of the villagers is a first step.

[​IMG]

Leaders who won't do this should be killed on the spot as they are enemy combatants. Afterwards, their homes should be flattened as a warning.

Also, any fighter caught fighting out of uniform should likewise to killed, or kept alive only for information. New laws should be passed allowing Afghanis to keep small arms like AK47's-----however----anyone found with IEDs, RPG's, heavy machine guns, mines, suicide vests or other obviously wrong equipment should be executed. This goes for all adult males or females found with these items one their persons or in their homes.

Finally, all radical Islamic command and recruitment buildings should be leveled to the ground after a 30 minute warning. This includes all mosques that have evidence of being used by radicals to spread ideology or for military equipment storage.

4. Laurence123

Laurence123 Member

My thoughts are that shortly in the next ten years there will be a large influx of recruitment to terrorist organizations in the middle East and Africa. I am trying to propose a peaceful solution that extends our condolences to those young people who need to look at the United States as liberators not occupiers. Being tough on tribal local leaders and risking even more civilian casualties by your means Greataxe will go on to create more tension and instability. At least with the younger more influential population of the middle East we will have the chance to sway their opinions in a more positive tone. As senator mcain always says you break it you bought it and that goes for particular person's quality of life as well.

5. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

This hurts my brain.

1. Close to 20 trillion in debt, where are you going to get the trillions to do that?
    2. Good idea, give the terrorists more money! That'll make them all of the sudden love democracy! They totally won't spend it on more high tech bombs!
    3. Thank GOD you are not in the government

- - - Updated - - -

You're proposing arming terrorists to strengthen their forces.

6. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

Setting the cost of these programs aside, what makes you think that giving a person material wealth will make him like you? The world doesn't work that way. Nor are we responsible for the choices people make.

The US currently leads the world in military spending. We spend more than the next fourteen nations combined. That would mean our military is up to date.

Why? In war, one does what one must. One takes no pleasure in it, but needs not feel guilty for necessary action.

7. Mushroom

Savages?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No, those are not shots of the United States. Or Paris, or London. That is Kabul in the 1960's. Seems quite civilized to me.

And as an American Indian, I can not tell you how much offense I take to being referred to as a savage.

8. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Those pictures are heartbreaking and show how far Afghanistan has fallen. Of course, they've been at war for two generations, so savagery can be expected to be the result of that. But we won't be going back to women showing leg in Kabul in our lifetimes. The reformation of Islam is going in the other direction.

9. Greataxe

I'm part Cherokee too chief, so spare me.

Certainly you use photos from a bygone era, as as woman found dressed like that in Taliban territory would not fare well. As with Amerindian tribes here in the past, some were more civilized than others. Those who were especially brutal and ruthless like the Comanche, Apache, Aztec and Mayan were savages by every definition of the term. They had to be brought under control by brute force---my point here.

[​IMG]

This is by far the more common sight one encounters there.

10. Mushroom

But you are once again taking a snapshot of the minority, and making it to be the norm.

If the Taliban were eliminated as a threat then you can expect Afghanistan to return to more of what it was 50 years ago. That is what we are fighting against there after all.

And yea, the groups like the Lakota and Apache were far from others like the Mohawk and Potawatomie.

And the Mayans were not savages. They had very advanced government, architecture, and even their own system of writing. Only their form of religion comes close, and even that is somewhat.

You were probably wanting to say the Aztec, which had a much more widespread history of human sacrifice. They demanded almost daily sacrifices of humans. The Mayans tended more towards animals and "ritual human sacrifice", with simple bloodletting, scaring and sample sacrifice (offering the foreskin, earlobe, tongue, etc) being an acceptable alternate.

And that level of sacrifice was typically done by the highest members of the clergy and nobility, to show their dedication. Actual human sacrifice in the Mayan culture was rare. Normally only on the holiest days, or extreme hardship (famine, plague, etc).

11. Greataxe

Where outside of Kabul were there any decent sized, modern cities in living history in A-Stan?

Most people there live in Medieval-like conditions. Some places have electricity, but that is a rarity:

www.worldbank.org/en/country/afghanistan/overview

An Islamic culture that keeps its people ignorant and denounces modern scientific study is not suddenly going to transform itself. Only when enough modern elite people come together can modern civilization take root.

The practice of virtually every primitive people during warfare was to kill (and often slowly torture) any male fighter. Sometimes the women and children were taken as slaves and wives, sometimes not. The Mayan were likely more brutal than we know (or Libs want to admit). Human sacrifices were common among them.
    http://ambergriscaye.com/museum/digit14.html

12. Laurence123

Laurence123 Member

"You're proposing arming terrorists to strengthen their forces." - Army Soldier

In no way am i proposing arming anyone, I am talking about education, reparations and healthcare. You are foolish. Also it is our policy to liberate and rebuild so that the countries of Afghanistan and Iraq will become our close allies in the middle east, not to leave them high and dry.

13. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

They don't spend their money like that. They aren't even a country, they're a failed state. Who do you propose giving the money too? Their current government that's suspected of aiding the Taliban (since they all lived under that doctrine for centuries)? Thank god you're not the commander in chief. They HARBORED the terrorist network. They could have asked for help removing them. They did not. They deserve everything they have, and no experienced military or financial advisor would take your side on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention we can't even help train their own armed forces without them killing us!

- - - Updated - - -

And please, spare me. Don't call me foolish when you propose giving money to terrorists. There's a reason Bush, Obama, and Trump's advisors never proposed something so hilariously wrong.