"transgender mania is a symptom of cultural collapse"

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by Llewellyn Moss, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llewellyn Moss

Llewellyn Moss Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;Z0XiVTS72rk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0XiVTS72rk[/video]

2. crank

crank Well-Known Member

Not really. "Supporting" a boring and unremarkable mental illness just because it involves s.e.x, is a symptom of privilege. First worlders who ran out of real problems last century, so make pets of absurdly trivial 'problems'.

3. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

Whatever.

Let's work on racism, greed and violence in general.

Those things are worth focusing upon; now.

4. ProgressivePatriot

ProgressivePatriot Well-Known Member

Transgender fear, ignorance and bigotry is a cultural collapse

There have been numerous threads on this forum and others that I frequent about Transgender people. I am always astounded by the level of ignorance and animus that is displayed by people who purport to be rational adults. In fact, the childish banter and cruelty is more in keeping with what one would expect to hear on a first-grade playground- but wait, maybe not. First graders are probably more accepting of transgender people, as well as more knowledgeable and sensitive than 99% of the people who I have encountered on these forums.

Worse still, you all -and you know who you are- rarely if ever display a willingness to learn more about Trans people, either out of intellectual laziness, or the fear that you might be persuaded to let go of your fear and prejudices, and see them as actual human beings who are not “mentally ill” but who are experiencing a complex and poorly understood phenomenon that has many causes. Furthermore, you fail to display and understanding of the fact that all cases are not alike, and that there are a number of medical and psychological ways-sometimes controversial- to approach it with the end goal to help these real people-who are not just “freaks” as they are often portrayed to be- lead a life where they are comfortable in their own skin rather that suffer from trauma and possibly end it in suicide.

Oh and by the way, the woman in that video- which I could only stand to watch about 30 seconds of- is one of the people who I am talking about here. I got as far as the part where she is blathering about there not being "multiplicity of genders" while science has clearly established the fact that many people are not biologically exclusively male or female and that fact may well be related to transgenderism.

5. crank

crank Well-Known Member

I know you mean well, but please keep in perspective that you're talking about a miniscule proportion of humanity ... and that most of us will never encounter same (knowingly), much less up close and personal. And their care and 'protection' is not down to us, any more than the care and protection of the average paranoid schizophrenic is. It's down to their families and doctors. You're overreaching in deciding to take on the burden of that care by acting out on their behalf. Very few of us are likely to be openly unkind or cruel to those suffering such conditions, when we encounter them. We're mostly as gentle and deferential as we are to any other mentally ill person. And that's ALL we need to do.

They don't have special rights to our attention just because hipsters think it's cool to be trans. That's almost a kind of bigotry against those suffering from 'non-hip' mental illnesses, and is quite sickening IMHO.

6. ProgressivePatriot

Thank you for validating everything that I just said equating them to paranoid schizophrenics. What exactly do you understand about transgender people? I'm will to be that it's next to nothing- further validating my post.

Few are likely to be cruel to them? Really? That is a display of the very ignorance that I'm talking about. Do you have any idea how much violence is perpetrated against transgender people? I'm sure that you don't and don't particularly care to know.

Few in number? So what? They are real people. Every life matters. And those numbers may not be a "few " as you think.

And it's not about what anybody this is cool. It's about reality. They exist. Deal with it in a mature and positive way or you will have blood on your hands. We liked to say in the sixties, you're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem- the problem here is relegating these people, however small in numbers - to a life of misery and early death because too many people just write them off as freaks who we don't really need to worry about .

7. slackercruster

slackercruster Banned

Yes, true, but isn't it something how that minuscule has taken over the US of A to promote the queerification of
    America?

8. Old Trapper

Old Trapper Banned

"Deal with it in a mature and positive way" followed by the childish taunt "or you will have blood on your hands".

Being a "Child of the 60's", and all of its anti-culture tripe ("drugs, sex, and rock and roll"; "Make love not war", etc.) we saw the beginning of the end of morality to be replaced by a form of Hedonism that has seen its results in income inequality, sexual perversions of ones choosing, the likes of a Donald Trump being supported by the religious community (Evangelicals), or seeing the Clintons being condemned by the same community. We see sex trade occurring unhindered, and no one cares. We see human trafficking passing through our ports, our cities, with virtually no consequences. STD's continue to rise, murder continues to rise, child abuse, domestic abuse, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, etc. increasing.

You speak of the "misery" suffered by people who choose to be perverts as something society is responsible for. Well, they will certainly pay for the consequences. Still, the choice of one such as Bruce Jenner was his to make. Children born with no clear sexual definition are extremely rare, and are not "transgender" ("Disorder of Sex Development" (DSD}. Most of the time these children are "cured" by operations at some point, and do go on to live healthy lives.

And while all have the right to respect, tolerance, and a healthy life, none have the right to force their peculiar choices on others. Discrimination remains ones right also, and it is time we once again exercise that right.

9. ProgressivePatriot

Taken over the USA??!! Promote Qeerification? Seriously?? Another validation of the points that I made in my post.

10. ProgressivePatriot

Yet another rant that validates my initial post. It reeks of ignorance and insensitivity. Morality, hedonism ? What does that have to do with transgenderism ? Oh ....you think that it is a frivolous choice, a perversion....because you, like so many others, have failed to educate yourselves about it. The only thing immoral and perverse is the fact that there are people like you who degrade and maligned these people while not bothering to take the time to better understand them.

Sex trade , human trafficking, STDs, murder, child abuse, drugs, .....how much dung are you going to throw at the wall in the hope that something sticks. These are all red herrings intended to avoid the actual issue that I raised.

"Children born with no clear sexual definition are extremely rare" ? Are you sure about that? Do you know that there are a number of different levels, or types of intersexuality and that not all are obvious and not all are detected at birth? Do you have any understanding at all about the relationship between transgender and intersexuality? Do you even understand the difference? I don't think so. Google it. It will be an eye opener, if you're willing to open your eyes. You are just one more person that has chosen to blather about the subject but has not taken the trouble to understand it better.

Children "cured" by an operation> Geezzzz! You need to read up on that too. Hasty surgery is usually not a good idea and the current thinking is that it should ne delayed for both transgender and intersexual conditions .

"force their peculiar choices on others. "?
    How the heel is anyone doing that ?? Is anyone telling you that you have to be transgender. Are you that weak minded ?

"Discrimination remains ones right " No it's not! Read the law!!

11. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

Funny, you accuse others of an unwillingness to learn, while you admit you stopped watching the video at 30 seconds.

12. ProgressivePatriot

Oh please! There is nothing to learn from that tripe . I see that the op has not been back to defend it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. fifthofnovember

And you know this because...you watched it? No.

It's hard to even take you seriously when you came right out of the gate with: "Transgender fear, ignorance and bigotry is a cultural collapse". That is nothing but a "nuh uh....YOU are" response, and is obviously false, even if we granted everything else you said. As if there was some time when our society was just super cool with trannys but then "collapsed". They're more accepted than ever. Except for all the enabling of their mental problems, instead of trying to get them the mental help they need.

14. ProgressivePatriot

It hard to take you seriously when , in the same sentence you say something about" enabling of their mental problems," and "instead of trying to get them the mental help they need" What the hell does any of that mean?

15. fifthofnovember

What it means is that you don't help the mentally ill by accepting their delusions as real (i.e. being an enabler). They need to join reality; the rest of us don't need to leave it.

16. Old Trapper

Old Trapper Banned

Quite a rant from a fool who has no clue as to who he is addressing. Now explain something to me idiot block, how does one become "transgender" when they retain their original sexual organs? Simply taking hormones to change ones appearance does not constitute a sex change. And those such as Jenner are not giving up their sexual organs they were born with. So yes, that is a perversion.

Not at all. Your response was nothing more then a rant based on your own biases, and ignorance.

Here again you express your own ignorance. First off, have you paid attention to the number of lawsuits being brought about by "transgender" parties to have their operations paid for when they are in jail? Have you seen the number of lawsuits being brought by "transgender" parties over the use of a bathroom? Tell me how that is not forcing others to comply with their "desires". Are you that stupid?

Next, the cases I was referring to are real, and not perfect. But one as "intelligent" as you would not be able to see that.

Tell me where it says I have to wear a certain type of pants, or that I am required to hang out with a certain type of person. Like in every other part of this conversation you have a very narrow minded view of the issue.

17. ProgressivePatriot

You are a hopeless case. I am not going to waist my time trying to educate you or dealing with your inane, unfocused blather.

18. ProgressivePatriot

Lets see if it's remotely possible for you to actually pull your head out and learn something:

19. Llewellyn Moss

Llewellyn Moss Well-Known Member

Defend it ? Not sure if I can add value to Paglia's take on the matter. I would encourage you to watch the video as it certainly is not a childish rant.

20. Old Trapper

Old Trapper Banned

Sorry, just following the timeline you established. You seem to think that any perversion of the norm should be accepted by all as being "normal" when it is not. Then you seem to think that perversion of the truth is culturally good for the country. And the election of Donald Trump would seem to prove you correct in that perversion of the truth is all he has.

However, the first use of the words regarding the situation you describe was 'Transvestite' originated in 1910 from the German sexologist Magnus Hirschfeld,. 'Transsexual' was not coined until 1949, and the term 'Transgender' was not coined until 1971 (In the 60's we used to call them "Cross dressers"., If course, prior to that the "medical" term used was 'Androgyne' first used in 1552, , or having both genders. Then there was 'Polygender' in the 1990s, a Californian invention of terms used to describe a state of being multiple genders.

So, the issue is not a new one, and one that will probably never be addressed adequately to satisfy your own sense of "morality". However, as one can see with the decline in moral values over the past few decades, the cultural decline in America is well on its way.

21. fifthofnovember

Did you even read what you just posted? Because your sources directly contradict each other (except, of course, for pushing the agenda that we all just need to hurry up and accept trannys so that "progressives" can move on to pushing the next wave of deviancy)

It's not genetics. No wait, it IS genetics. It's...whatever, just let us use the wrong bathrooms!

Edit: and did you notice? I actually looked at your source. Which is more than you would do for the OP. So, will you pull your head out and learn something now?

22. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

One would hope people understand this "Mania" is a creation of their own mind and fixation on the transgender Concept. They were there long before you got pissy and found someone new to (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) about.

Basically, once Gays became legal you started biatching about a new sex issue.

23. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Rule 11/no commentary thread closure

Shangrila

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.