Some ideas on healthcare reform

Discussion in 'Health Care' started by Laurence123, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Laurence123

Laurence123 Member

All pharmaceutical companies must provide affordably priced medications to those in need by law and should face prosecution for unfair raises on prices of their medications. Also the FDA should oversee that ingredients to medications be listed where possible on each prescription. Preventative medicine should be taught in our public education system. Natural remedies should be offered by our healthcare providers and doctors. This also should be taught to them while they receive their healthcare credentials. Children, elderly and those with low or no income should be covered by mandatory health insurance including current laws and regulations on emergency care. All those who do not fit into the above criteria should be offered optional coverage. Tax dollars should pay for and fund our medications and treatments.

2. Kode

Kode Well-Known Member

Think of how many existing problems national healthcare funded by tax dollars would solve.
    Pre-existing conditions would be a non-issue.
    Objections to "mandates" would vanish.
    "Uninsured people" would not exist.
    Poring over coverage plans and premiums and copays and annual maximums, etc., would end.
    No more coverage tied to employers, COBRA would not be needed.
    Healthcare savings accounts would be unnecessary and irrelevant.

And there are more I'm sure.

3. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I would agree with most of those ideas but I would require that " natural remedies" be verified for effectiveness before being prescribed or paid for or taught.